SB Nation has Luck staying at Stanford

The Senator

Andrew Luck apparently indicated on KNBR recently that he wants to make sure and get his college degree before heading off to the NFL:

"I don’t think about [the NFL Draft] that much," the redshirt sophomore said on KNBR. "I still consider myself a pretty young guy. I need to get a degree in college before I start thinking about that stuff. I will probably stay in school for sure."

Read more: Stanford QB Andrew Luck Wants To Earn His College Degree Before Going Pro

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew Luck apparently indicated on KNBR recently that he wants to make sure and get his college degree before heading off to the NFL:

"I don’t think about [the NFL Draft] that much," the redshirt sophomore said on KNBR. "I still consider myself a pretty young guy. I need to get a degree in college before I start thinking about that stuff. I will probably stay in school for sure."

Read more: Stanford QB Andrew Luck Wants To Earn His College Degree Before Going Pro

Yes, that's what he said in July. Sometimes people change their minds and sometimes they don't. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Yes, that's what he said in July. Sometimes people change their minds and sometimes they don't. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Yes - but I would certainly put more credence in what Luck actually said in July, than Tony Pauline's November photo caption. B-)

Edited by The Senator

The article is from July and before the season started. Also before everyone considered him the consensus #1 pick if he comes out.

Not much to see here.

Yes, and I would put more credence in what Luck actually said in July than Tony Pauline's November photo caption. B-)

I would put more emphasis on what the situation is in January after the season is over than on what he said in July before the season even started. If he is ranked as the top player on the draft board or near the top that will certainly be part of his calculation as to whether he should come out or not.

Yes, and I would put more credence in what Luck actually said in July than Tony Pauline's November photo caption. B-)

Yes, but at that time I doubt he was thinking about the possibility of going #1 over all in the draft and how that might factor in to his decision.

My Guess (and I said guess) is that it is going to be an extremely tough choice for him to make and even right now he doesn't know what he will do.

I wonder how Buffalo getting the #1, 2 or 3 pick will affect his decision-making? I mean, even i can admit, my hometown team is the least desireable NFL destination for a top draft choice right now. Yes- its the NFL, but if you look at it from someone's perspective who isn't from here and never lived here, it's not attractive. Dallas, Carolina, Denver, San Francisco....they are all nicer locations in the mind of a #1 overall QB.

I'm sure he realizes Locker cost himself some money by staying put when he was consensus number 1. And for all of you "Locker sucks he will go in the 4th round" naysayers....McShay (who although a blowhard is usually pretty accurate) has him going between 1st and 8th overall. If Luck stays put he thinks good chance he will be a Bill.

Yes, but at that time I doubt he was thinking about the possibility of going #1 over all in the draft and how that might factor in to his decision.

My Guess (and I said guess) is that it is going to be an extremely tough choice for him to make and even right now he doesn't know what he will do.

Well let's see how he does against Arizona State this weekend - who knows...TSW might hate him by Sunday! :rolleyes:

I dont mean to punch holes in your theory, but July isnt recently. Im not sure why you dug up this article to disprove another persons article... peoples minds change through the course of months, especially knowing you could be the overall #1 pick. Do I know if Luck will enter the draft, no. Do you? No. You opinion of the matter has been well documented through just about every Luck thread. Is this possibly an attempt to save face if he does actually come out?

I'm sure he realizes Locker cost himself some money by staying put when he was consensus number 1. And for all of you "Locker sucks he will go in the 4th round" naysayers....McShay (who although a blowhard is usually pretty accurate) has him going between 1st and 8th overall. If Luck stays put he thinks good chance he will be a Bill.

McShay's mock 2 months before the 2010 draft had Clausen going 8th overall, Bradford at 11th. Come April, Locker will most definitely still be available in round 3, probably round 4 too.

McShay's mock 2 months before the 2010 draft had Clausen going 8th overall, Bradford at 11th. Come April, Locker will most definitely still be available in round 3, probably round 4 too.

Yea but that's Todd McShay, he's universally panned for being an idiot. Not a good source for accurate drafting.

Yea but that's Todd McShay, he's universally panned for being an idiot. Not a good source for accurate drafting.

Yes that was exactly my point - drewfla was citing McIdiot saying 'Locker will be drafted between #1 and #8 and there;s a good chance he'll [Locker] be a Bill.'

I dont mean to punch holes in your theory, but July isnt recently. Im not sure why you dug up this article to disprove another persons article... peoples minds change through the course of months, especially knowing you could be the overall #1 pick. Do I know if Luck will enter the draft, no. Do you? No. You opinion of the matter has been well documented through just about every Luck thread. Is this possibly an attempt to save face if he does actually come out?

Not at all - couldn't care less about 'saving face' :rolleyes:

Let me state emphatically, again...LUCK IS STAYING AT STANFORD FOR HIS SENIOR YEAR!!!

First 60,000,000 will change minds, second can you say rookie salary cap.. in 2012.... This will force many players to come out now.

Yeah - no one's paying a 21-year-old kid $60M to sit on the bench next season. No one.

Indianapolis Colts President Bill Polian says that the NFL Players Union needs to give in to help make the current system work. "The union has to give us a firm, definitive rookie salary cap. We're perfectly willing to have the money that does not go to the rookies go to the veterans. Nobody is looking to save money. But we're sick and tired of giving exorbitant, incredible sums of money to players who haven't proven they can do anything but play against Eastern Michigan."

The issue of rookie salary caps and other concerns of owners is leading to what some believe is a guaranteed lockout of the NFL in 2011. When DeMaurice Smith, current head of the NFL Players Union was recently asked if there would be a lockout for the 2011 season, he said this. "On a scale of 1 to 10, it's a 14."

link

Sounds like Drew Rosenhouse, Eugene Parker, and other sycophants of their ilk will have to find someone new to fleece.

Edited by The Senator