The Latest Maybin Thread

marsadale

Im sittin here, kinda thinkin about Maybins bust-ness......so I fire up a highlight reel of him at Penn State, just to remind myself of the what the kind of performance that fooled our teams best and brightest looked like. So then i fire up the video of his Penn State pro-day, and it suddenly occurs to me.

Make that bastard try and play tight end. Why the hell not...he has size and speed. He's paid for.

Tell me what you think, lol. What the hell else have you got to do?

Edited by marsadale

Im sittin here, kinda thinkin about Maybins bust-ness......so I fire up a highlight reel of him at Penn State, just to remind myself of the what the kind of performance that fooled our teams best and brightest looked like. So then i fire up the video of his Penn State pro-day, and it suddenly occurs to me.

Make that bastard try and play tight end. Why the hell not...he has size and speed. He's paid for.

youtube.com/watch?v=z_O5X-5bYqE&feature=fvw

Tell me what you think, lol. What the hell else have you got to do?

:thumbsup: I agrre I've said that sooo many times before.

Those same physical attributes that appear to make Maybin an intriguing fit at the tight end position are also what made him such an enticing prospect as a pass rusher. I think if his major problem so far is a lack of football instincts it won't really matter what position he plays. Although, if they're going to give up on him outright, of course it makes sense to at least find some use for him.

Once upon a time, the Atlanta Falcons tried switching another pass rushing high draft pick, Aundray Bruce, from OLB to TE when he proved to not be a very effective football player, but the results of the experiment were pretty underwhelming (1 single career reception for 11 yards).

In fact, Bruce had 6 sacks in each of his first 2 seasons and actually hung around in the NFL for 11 total years---- and he's still regarded as one of the biggest "busts" in NFL history. That shows how far behind Maybin is--- not even comparable to a giant bust like Aundray Bruce.

Edited by Punch

Dude... Maybin's a kitty anywhere you line his a$$ up. Offensive linemen, tight ends, running backs toss him around like he's tissue. Do you not think linebackers, defensive linemen and safeties are not only capable, but will roll his a$$ all over the turf. Besides that... he has hands of stone and a heart of possum.

We ain't talking "bust" here, we're talking BUST

I must concur.

I'm not waiting another year to conclude that Maybin is a bigger bust than anything Dolly Parton is toting around these days.

Shame.

It would be nice if Modrak could actually scout something that came to fruition sometime this decade (oh, wait...he's already had a decade).

They say the draft is a crap shoot.

With Modrak at the helm of scouting, its been just plain crap for over 10 years now.

Sure why not. Try him at TE, hell why not try me at TE too? I couldnt be any worse than he already is. I bet I could never suit up for a game and never record a single significant stat. I could even do it while keeping a respectable haircut and without releasing the most embarassing rap in the history of rap.

I will rejoice when that idiot is cut.

Dude... Maybin's a kitty anywhere you line his a$$ up. Offensive linemen, tight ends, running backs toss him around like he's tissue. Do you not think linebackers, defensive linemen and safeties are not only capable, but will roll his a$$ all over the turf. Besides that... he has hands of stone and a heart of possum.

No, we're talking http://74.86.102.230/topic/87883-official-draft-thread/page__view__findpost__p__1403653 :bag:

I think the hard-on some of you have to bash a 22 year old is beyond pathetic. Some of you need to get a life.

Who would have thought that millionaire entertainers in the public eye would be criticized and scrutinized more than the average American.

This shocking and new revelation should really be brought to the attention of aspiring young entertainers so they don't make the same mistakes that Aaron Maybin made by becoming a millionaire entertainer.

It is part of the job description of famous rich entertainer. Poor guy :(

This is the best description of Maybin I have read.

I have always thought that Maybin had no heart (you could say coward but I wouldn't get on that field)

When he got his $$$$$$ he reached his goal...THE END :sick: