ESPN needs to cut Steve, Matt, and Stewart

judman

Does anybody care what these guys think? Steve Young, and Matt Millen suck. Get rid of these dingbats and just cut to the ladies or even Sal Palantonio every once in a while if you want and on-site presence. I am so sick of these idiots.

Does anybody care what these guys think? Steve Young, and Matt Millen suck. Get rid of these dingbats and just cut to the ladies or even Sal Palantonio every once in a while if you want and on-site presence. I am so sick of these idiots.

What did they do so bad last night? It's easy to knock Millen's credibility, but on-air, he's decent IMO.

What did they do so bad last night? It's easy to knock Millen's credibility, but on-air, he's decent IMO.

He was actually one of the best analysts on TV before his GM/President stint. He still knows the Xs and Os and the on-field stuff, so I don't mind him talking about that. If he starts talking about personnel decisions, then ESPN should cut away.

Steve Young is an old voice that we could probably do without, but I guess it's necessary to have more than one analyst opinion.

As for Stuart Scott, well...there are better choices for a host.

I'm still not sure why ESPN needs to employ 48,000 ex-players for their pre-game/Gameday shows.

Edited by BuffaloWings

I personally like Millen and Young. For that matter, I'll take any ex-player/coach over some Communications Major hack any day.

Young cracks me up because he always seems like he is bitter/angry about stuff in the "Modern League". He even called out ESPN for some stupid bit they do every week. To the point that Stewart Scott had to interrupt and get him back on track before he got his ass fired.

Both Millen and Young had really good takes on the helmet-to-helmet hit controversy a couple weeks back.

Ya I lost all respect for Steve Young when at the Monday night Bills vs Cowboys game. I sat right by thier on field set and when ever the TV cameras were not on him he just turned his chair around and faced the field. Smith and Stewart were interacting with the fans. Steve would turn his chair back around just before the cameras would turn back on from break. I was thinking it was very rude of him. I relize that his job is too talk about the players on the field but at the very least he could of interacted with the fans alittle here and there.

I love Steve Young, man.

It was always between him and Kelly, IMO. If we did not have Kelly, I thought Young was an awesome QB.

There was a game played in the USFL between these 2 greats (like that 34-30 Bills win over San Fran in '91?), and it was back-and-forth.

I don't think he should be fired.

The ones who should be canned are the entire CBS Sunday pre-game "show". Marino is a pansy, Esiason is a dork, Cowher mumbles and spits too much, and Sharpe is the biggest clown currently working for the NFL. A terribly boring, ridiculous crew.

I feel sorry for James Brown. He's got nothing to work with.

ESPN needs to cut ESPN. It hasn't been about sports in a long time; it's been about promoting more ESPN. Damn, anyone remember what ESPN was like in, say, 1990? It was freaking awesome.

Have you seen the ESPN 30 for 30?

That series is pretty cool.

60 minutes for sports geeks...love it!

I love Steve Young, man.

It was always between him and Kelly, IMO. If we did not have Kelly, I thought Young was an awesome QB.

There was a game played in the USFL between these 2 greats (like that 34-30 Bills win over San Fran in '91?), and it was back-and-forth.

I don't think he should be fired.

The ones who should be canned are the entire CBS Sunday pre-game "show". Marino is a pansy, Esiason is a dork, Cowher mumbles and spits too much, and Sharpe is the biggest clown currently working for the NFL. A terribly boring, ridiculous crew.

I feel sorry for James Brown. He's got nothing to work with.

Have you seen the ESPN 30 for 30?

That series is pretty cool.

60 minutes for sports geeks...love it!

That series isn't bad. That said, ESPN is about ESPN, and not about sports.

Also add Ed Werder! Seriously, that guy makes his living covering the Cowboys. Once in a while he'll report on another team, usually Minnesota or wherever Farve is, but Werder is proof that if you have a good source than you are irreplacable.

Kipper is a funny dude, too. Him and Berman being so old school that you almost have to keep them, if only for special events. I miss Berman calling baseball games.