Current strength of schedule

Remember that the top pick goes to the team with the easiest schedule, not the hardest. Go Dallas, Go Carolina!

So lets say Dallas or Carolina gets the top pick. Would Dallas pick a QB with Romo still there? And would Carolina pick a QB after using a 2nd on Claussen this year?

Dallas will win atleast 4 games this year I believe. Carolina? I think they are our real competition for the top pick. The losses of Delhomme and Peppers have destroyed that team on either side of the ball.

So lets say Dallas or Carolina gets the top pick. Would Dallas pick a QB with Romo still there? And would Carolina pick a QB after using a 2nd on Claussen this year?

Yes, and yes. Romo was Parcells' guy, he's long gone, followed by his successor. It might not be wise to burn a #1 overall pick on a QB there, but I wouldn't be shocked.

And a 2nd round pick who has shown little won't stop you from taking a franchise-saving QB, especially since it will also be a new coach in town. Most recently, the Lions took Stafford after having just spent a #2 pick on Drew Stanton.

+1

I don't think Dallas is our competition at all. They have looked bad, but are underperforming and with a new coach should regress to their mean, and going 3-5 over their final 8 games wouldn't be any heroics even without Romo (who could also be back for the final games). I don't see the Lions winning in Irving for starters.

I of course am still hoping we finish 4-12 and get the #4 pick (I'd rather have Philip Rivers than Eli Manning :) ), and am most excited about us getting our first win this week.

But the Carolina risk is real: that we knock of Detroit on Sunday and then limp in, we both finish 1-15, they win the tie breaker, they pick Luck, we get somebody else. I remember the last time we both picked in the top 4 and we got a franchise LT and they got some pass rusher who would barely make the roster :censored:.

So right now my main focus is on the Bills beating Detroit and winning as many games as possible, but I am definitely wishing some wins for Carolina (and the Cowboys, Bengals, Broncos, Niners, and Lions).

I want us to win as many games as possible, but I would like the other teams to help make any winning we do not a draft disadvantage :)

Dallas will win atleast 4 games this year I believe. Carolina? I think they are our real competition for the top pick. The losses of Delhomme and Peppers have destroyed that team on either side of the ball.