A Solution to the Spiller Problem

Jackson is some aging cast off - he doesn't have anything to do with this.

Refocus on why Spiller can make more plays out of the slot than from the backfield.

Just an aging cast off huh? Ok. This from the same jagoff who defended the Kelsay resigning so adamantly.

Anyways with the Parrish injury you'll probably get your wish and see Spiller split out wide more and we'll see how he does. Something to look forward to troll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred Jackson was 1st overall. Pull out all the random statistics you like, and bury yourself even more.

LOL nice try. We are talking about starting NFL running backs, and you want to talk about his KICKOFF RETURN YARDAGE. Hahahahahaha. Sweet. Free kickoff return yards absolutely didn't cook the books on his total yardage stats last year.

Fact: Fred Jackson was the ONLY 'starting' NFL running back who was his teams primary kick returner.

Fact: Fred Jackson's kick return numbers put him as a below-average kick returner.

Fact: Fred Jackson's rushing numbers put him as a below-average running back.

Fact: Fred Jackson's rushing numbers are way down this year.

Fact: Fred Jackson is no longer a primary kick returner.

Fact: Fred Jackson won't be in the top 50 in total yards this year.

Opinion: Due to his advancing age, Fred Jackson's best football is likely behind him.

But yah, Spiller is obviously not working out real well as a running back, so hopefully we won't just pull a Maybin or a Carrington and just stop dressing him while we "wait" for him to magically get better.

So the line this year is worse than last year, with Bell and Wood coming back from injury?

Seems to me like the line is playing better.

The line certainly looks better in pass protection, but the last two weeks were not helping our RBs at all. Very few running lanes and a lot of contact behind the line of scrimmage. We also were playing two stout running defenses so I don't know.

LOL nice try. We are talking about starting NFL running backs, and you want to talk about his KICKOFF RETURN YARDAGE. Hahahahahaha. Sweet. Free kickoff return yards absolutely didn't cook the books on his total yardage stats last year.

Fact: Fred Jackson was the ONLY 'starting' NFL running back who was his teams primary kick returner.

Fact: Fred Jackson's kick return numbers put him as a below-average kick returner.

Fact: Fred Jackson's rushing numbers put him as a below-average running back.

Fact: Fred Jackson's rushing numbers are way down this year.

Fact: Fred Jackson is no longer a primary kick returner.

Fact: Fred Jackson won't be in the top 50 in total yards this year.

Opinion: Due to his advancing age, Fred Jackson's best football is likely behind him.

But yah, Spiller is obviously not working out real well as a running back, so hopefully we won't just pull a Maybin or a Carrington and just stop dressing him while we "wait" for him to magically get better.

Adrian peterson couldn't average 4 yards a carry with our OTs and lack of a Tight End.

seriously. there are more effing idiots on this board these days than ever before.

Why am I an idiot? :( I'm sorry that I feel that your favorite players aren't as good as you think they are. I wish they were better too, honestly. I guess people here would rather talk about how great the Bills are going to be - those "we're going to shock the world!" threads were the most popular before the season started.

I guess the folly is trying to be objective when people are so emotionally connected to their favorite players. So it goes.

Why are you an idiot?

If you don't think Fred Jackson is good, then you are an idiot.

The entire world is full of idiots and understands that 30yo retreads are not top running backs, and only Bills loyalists are savvy enough to see the truth.

Also if you don't see how his mediocre kick return yardage and mediocre rushing yardage combined equals MOST EPIC SEASON EVAR then you are also an idiot.

Same O-line as last year? Uh no, nice try but not even close. Trade back to get Bulaga huh? Yeah, lets draft a right tackle who isn't good in the first round. Some people just have a need to live in the past and comfort themselves with regret.

Not good? He's a rookie starter on a first place team. I wish the Bills had a few guys who were 'not good' like that.

Why am I an idiot? :( I'm sorry that I feel that your favorite players aren't as good as you think they are. I wish they were better too, honestly. I guess people here would rather talk about how great the Bills are going to be - those "we're going to shock the world!" threads were the most popular before the season started.

I guess the folly is trying to be objective when people are so emotionally connected to their favorite players. So it goes.

You're not an idiot.

However there is a word for someone that continually enjoys rubbing people's noses in their optimism for their favorite team. What is wrong with having optimism about your team? Nothing. What's wrong if that optimism wraps itself in denial, even? Nothing. What's wrong with having a parade even though there's little reason to have one in the first place? Nothing. It's all part of the slings and arrows of being a fan.

But there's a lot that's wrong with someone that so thoroughly enjoys pissing on parades. Yeah, there is a word for people like that. Several words in fact.

The people who have unbridled optimism around here stand a chance of having that optimism rewarded at some point in the future. May take awhile. May take forever. But there's a chance.

Whereas someone who so thoroughly enjoys peeing on parades has little chance of being anything but someone who enjoys peeing on parades.

Congratulations.

GO BILLS!!!

Why are you an idiot?

If you don't think Fred Jackson is good, then you are an idiot.

The entire world is full of idiots and understands that 30yo retreads are not top running backs, and only Bills loyalists are savvy enough to see the truth.

Also if you don't see how his mediocre kick return yardage and mediocre rushing yardage combined equals MOST EPIC SEASON EVAR then you are also an idiot.

See above.

GO BILLS!!!

You're not an idiot.

However there is a word for someone that continually enjoys rubbing people's noses in their optimism for their favorite team. What is wrong with having optimism about your team? Nothing. What's wrong if that optimism wraps itself in denial, even? Nothing. What's wrong with having a parade even though there's little reason to have one in the first place? Nothing. It's all part of the slings and arrows of being a fan.

But there's a lot that's wrong with someone that so thoroughly enjoys pissing on parades. Yeah, there is a word for people like that. Several words in fact.

The people who have unbridled optimism around here stand a chance of having that optimism rewarded at some point in the future. May take awhile. May take forever. But there's a chance.

Whereas someone who so thoroughly enjoys peeing on parades has little chance of being anything but someone who enjoys peeing on parades.

Congratulations.

GO BILLS!!!

See above.

GO BILLS!!!

So basically we should just ignore reality and start thread after thread about how good the Bills are during the literal worst season in franchise history?

That same mentality is what got Buffalo Bills fans to convince themselves that they aren't worth having a good football team.

Blind optimism, as you put it, is what leads Ralph Wilson to sell our home games and their competitive advantage for cash money.

At some point, it is ok to ask out loud why things have to be this way. They don't.

Things can be better, but you have to be willing to swallow a bitter pill of reality, look objectively, and demand change. This is the only way I know to demand it, on a silly message board that nobody who can change things will ever read. Oh wells.

So basically we should just ignore reality and start thread after thread about how good the Bills are during the literal worst season in franchise history?

That same mentality is what got Buffalo Bills fans to convince themselves that they aren't worth having a good football team.

Blind optimism, as you put it, is what leads Ralph Wilson to sell our home games and their competitive advantage for cash money.

At some point, it is ok to ask out loud why things have to be this way. They don't.

Things can be better, but you have to be willing to swallow a bitter pill of reality, look objectively, and demand change. This is the only way I know to demand it, on a silly message board that nobody who can change things will ever read. Oh wells.

You should basically root for whatever team whatever way you see fit.

Just let others do the same. It's not your job to tell people their opinions are asinine. That they don't reside in reality. It's their right as fans to feel and opine about their team any way they see fit. Just as it is yours.

But if you do insist on making it your job to correct everyone's opinion that doesn't share your expert "realistic" assessments, then PLEASE, hand out umbrellas.

"Tinkle, tinkle." Hey, they're playing your song.

GO BILLS!!!

PS - Blind optimism had nothing to do with RW selling a home game to the Rogers Group.

It's not your job to tell people their opinions are asinine.

PS - Blind optimism had nothing to do with RW selling a home game to the Rogers Group.

I kind of thought that was the whole point of this message board - to debate other people Interweb style.

Curious about your point with regard to selling home games for cash - people swallowing that down aren't blindly optimistic? I figured everyone had just accepted that Buffalo wasn't "worth" having an NFL team, so we'd take whatever people dished out so they didn't take the team away from us...

I kind of thought that was the whole point of this message board - to debate other people Interweb style.

Curious about your point with regard to selling home games for cash - people swallowing that down aren't blindly optimistic? I figured everyone had just accepted that Buffalo wasn't "worth" having an NFL team, so we'd take whatever people dished out so they didn't take the team away from us...

There's debating and then there's pissing on parades. Just because it's the "Interweb" and people like to flex their cyber-muscles as they hide behind their anonymity, doesn't make it any more acceptable. Or do you really have one style of "debate" in person and another for the Interweb? Is so, it's disingenuous at best.

You said, "Blind optimism, as you put it, is what leads Ralph Wilson to sell our home games and their competitive advantage for cash money."

That implies that RW was lead by his blind optimism to sell the games to Toronto. I maintain RW's optimism had nothing to do with selling the games.

If you meant to say that FANS were blindly optimistic about his decision to sell the games, then you should have stated that. Although I don't know anyone who likes the idea as a fan of the team, I can see RW thinking that there's a lot to like about $78m UP FRONT, regardless of ticket sales.

GO BILLS!!!