This Is The First Year I Can Remember Where No Mention

Can we just put that in the category of ...."figures". So really what the heck are they going to do if Luck does not come out?

If memory serves Suh wasn't a household name until mid November last year. But I get your point. If Luck doesn't come out no one is worth what the # 1 pick will cost unless someone emerges soon.

Good News---According to our Big Board, the #2 player could be a major need for the Bills. So would player #3, #5, and #7. We can afford to improve over the coming weeks and still draft some impressive players.

As far as Carolina goes (and the absolutely horrific schedule they have here on out), they need more than just a QB---such as another feature WR, a 4-3DT, and a CB pretty early in free agency and the draft. If the Panthers end up with the first pick, I wouldn't be surprised if they took Paea, Fairley or Prince Amukamara. AJ Green would be another possibility for them. They may be more interested in acquiring a vet quarterback.

Can we just put that in the category of ...."figures". So really what the heck are they going to do if Luck does not come out?

Are you serious? You need to dig a little in the draft sites like Drafttek. There are plenty of front 7 guys in the first 3 rounds that will have an impact. What we need are guys in the trenches, pass rushers and a good TE.

Are you serious? You need to dig a little in the draft sites like Drafttek. There are plenty of front 7 guys in the first 3 rounds that will have an impact. What we need are guys in the trenches, pass rushers and a good TE.

I am sure there ARE plenty of good front 7 guys but my point is that I have not heard anything along the likes of a #1 overall pick......

I think what he is saying is that there is no cleaer cut top talent. Last year it was Suh hands down from day 1 (to the poster that said he was unknown until Nov. - He was the #1 or #2 rated Jr by the National the year before) Joe Thomas and Calvin Johnson were elite top prospects in 2007, Jake Long was the clear cut stud in 2008. This year there are 3-4 OTs that are being touted as good by different sources, but none is that great. There is more talent along the DL but not 1 clear cut top guy that everyone can agree on, I noticed that myself and am a little upset about it.

trading away number one pick for midround and a second round or two might not be a bad idea for a rebuilding team with as many needs as we have if there isn't a franchise style (Luck) player available. I agree that the cream will probably rise to the top in the next month or in the bowl games, but we should not pooh-pooh the trade down option out of hand given our needs.

I also don't like all these media people comparing Mallett to a Ryan Leaf type of player. If LucK does not come out and there are question marks on Mallett, this could very well turn out to be the worst draft in a long time to have the #1 pick - this city is definitely cursed.....

I also don't like all these media people comparing Mallett to a Ryan Leaf type of player. If LucK does not come out and there are question marks on Mallett, this could very well turn out to be the worst draft in a long time to have the #1 pick - this city is definitely cursed.....

If Luck doesn't come out I would say trade down and stock up picks... although I worry about Nix just drafting a bunch of bad players... and wasting tons of picks.

Good News---According to our Big Board, the #2 player could be a major need for the Bills. So would player #3, #5, and #7. We can afford to improve over the coming weeks and still draft some impressive players.

As far as Carolina goes (and the absolutely horrific schedule they have here on out), they need more than just a QB---such as another feature WR, a 4-3DT, and a CB pretty early in free agency and the draft. If the Panthers end up with the first pick, I wouldn't be surprised if they took Paea, Fairley or Prince Amukamara. AJ Green would be another possibility for them. They may be more interested in acquiring a vet quarterback.

I appreciate your optimism, but if Carolina has the #1 pick, they are going to take a QB. Of that I am sure.