Glazer: Merriman to Buffalo

SKRAAPY

Did I see correctly this will only cost the Bills 1.7 for the rest of the year? Why the hell not? If he's got something, they can offer him a deal on what could be an up and coming team. If he's got nothing, he'll fit right in and we're done with him in 3 months. I know this might blow our chance at the super bowl this year, but its a feel good story :beer:

No, in that case, they'll give him a long term deal!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The group that thinks the sky is falling no matter what the Bills do and bitches and moans constantly? No, I didn't realize I was a member of that group, douchebag.

I know you're a fan of this move, and I get that. But don't get your hopes up. Good teams battling for a playoff spot don't release gifted athletes. They release guys that they don't think will help them. In the grand scheme of Bills signings over the past couple of decades, I hate to say it, but Wayne Simmons ( http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SimmWa20.htm ) is the guy who comes to mind. Hope I'm wrong.

The Bills F.O. sucks. A former all-pro LB - where the Bills are particularly weak - and nobody's gonna even bother to wake Buddy up to tell him that Merriman's available. They don't care about improving the team. They should all be fired!

What??? They put a claim in and signed him??? Ooops...

What I meant was, what an idiot Nix is for signing Merriman! He's all washed-up. He'll never be the same since the injuries and the 'roids. Nix and the entire Bills F.O. are a bunch of ignorant nincompoops! They should all be fired!

Just another typical day on TSW... :rolleyes:

Edited by The Senator

New GM, same dumb ass moves. Lets keep bringing in other teams washouts because the used to be a name and keep sucking. but hey, ralphs cronies read you guys loving these moves so they keep making them and you guys keep flocking to the stadium to fill his pockets

Your alternate post:

New GM, same dumb ass non-moves. A pro bowl linebacker is available, but the Bills front office decides to keep sucking. But hey, ralphs cronies read you guys as loving the promise to build through the draft.

And you guys keep flocking to the stadium to fill his pockets

You are over the top as was Dog14787.

Edited by ConradDobler

I know you're a fan of this move, and I get that. But don't get your hopes up. Good teams battling for a playoff spot don't release gifted athletes. They release guys that they don't think will help them. In the grand scheme of Bills signings over the past couple of decades, I hate to say it, but Wayne Simmons ( http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SimmWa20.htm ) is the guy who comes to mind. Hope I'm wrong.

I absolutely never said I'm a fan of the move--- I just don't think the sky is falling. All the hand wringing and weeping and gnashing of teeth about every transaction gets exhausting.

I posted in another thread that Merriman may just be Marcus Jones or Jason Gildon, which is entirely possible. It's worth a shot but I'm not expecting it to pay giant dividends, necessarily.