Ok....here is a new question. Who would you take

First let's get rid of the value picking!!!

The bills have wholes and everyone knows what they are. IMHO the lines are where games are won. This coming years draft does not seem to be an offensive line year, but if we can snag the best available of either line in the second round position I'd say that we are doing well. I'm not even sold on going QB but Luck and Newton are hard to pass up. I'd say take them but don't play them until the line is solid, and they know the system. Possibly let them sit for half the season.

Free agency needs to be very active this year. We need two linebackers of starting quality, and a O or d-linemen. Other than that the teams is solid. Our problem right now is the RT. Cornell Green was horrible, and Cordaro is not good either. The rest of the line is stout.

Actually, Newton would be very easy to pass up.

Its a speculation thread....I dont have any fricken idea. When you are speculating do you know the exact information for the future at the time?

Alright, I'll speculate, but my picks haven't changed since I posted this about 3 weeks ago...

(based on Luck staying in school to get get another year's experience and - more importantly - his Stanford degree)

1) Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas

2) Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

3) Dontay Moch, OLB/DE, Nevada

4a) Owen Marecic, FB/ILB, Stanford

4b) Greg Romeus, DE, Pitt

Don't much care about rounds 5 thru 7 - take best athletes available or, better yet, use them to trade into postition to get the 5 listed above. I'm willing to eschew the next Levi Brown, Danny Batten, Kyle Calloway, etc., etc. to get those 5 players

(Caveat - 4b assumes that Romeus recovers from back injury/surgery, passes physical, gets 'thumbs up' for future play from appropriate doctors/trainers)

Edited by The Senator

I really think the Bills need to prepare for free agency after the draft by doing everything they can do before the draft to ensure they have at least a viable offense line and some linebackers in place - because, it would be just our luck that we grab Luck number one, then in the second some player drops who is just too good to pass up - maybe a reciever or linebacker, and same goes for the third round, where the quality that is there is just too good, but then after the draft we're left with some major holes still vacant and all the teams and free agents know we have to fill the spots, which leaves us in a position of little bargaining leverage.

In summary, if we're going to add a QB, then I pray we have a plan in place to be sure we have a feasible line without having to bank on certain players falling to us in the draft. I'd also like for them to make some proactive moves in the linebacker department. I don't care what the media says, we're one draft and free agency period away from being a good team - we just need two really good linebackers, a good DE, a QB and a tackle. Throw in a TE and we'd be rolling. Between F.A. and the draft - if you are really good at your job, you could fill those spots.

Git er Done!