I wouldn't mind picking up Merriman

If it's ok to plug in Davis and Tober, I would be ok with Merriman. He is expected to be placed on waviers today.

Just a hunch, but perhaps that's why they passed on Gibson from the Steelers? If he's got ANYTHING left in the tank he might help us for a year.

Just a thought.

GO BILLS!!!

Just a hunch, but perhaps that's why they passed on Gibson from the Steelers? If he's got ANYTHING left in the tank he might help us for a year.

Just a thought.

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed, I think that would be the only reason to pass on Gibson. What type of defense do the chargers play, and where would Merriman fit in for the bills? However now that I think about it, even if we bring Merriman in, why did they pass on Gibson?

Edited by clearwater cadet

they should have picked up gibson and should pick up merriman. we have no pass rush and our def line ties up the line but the lb's just aren't getting to the hole's and the rb ends up with decent runs. i have heard merriman has a crazy work ethic and maybe he could mentor a guy like maybin(forever optimist) so for maybin's sake I hope we sign him.

Agreed, I think that would be the only reason to pass on Gibson. What type of defense do the chargers play, and where would Merriman fit in for the bills? However now that I think about it, even if we bring Merriman in, why did they pass on Gibson?

I think the obvious answer is that the brain trust, especially Whaley, feels that Gibson doesn't bring much, if anything more, than the current group which has had the benefit of time in the system. It's not like Gibson is a savvy vet that can easily adapt to new systems whereas Merriman certainly knows the game far better at this point.

GO BILLS!!!