For the first time this year

Thoner7

I’d like to consider myself one of the most realistic (some call it being negative but that’s another argument) posters around here. I haven’t felt like the Bills have had a legitimate chance to win yet this season, but that changes this week. Here is why.

The Bills cannot stop the run at all. The only reason I feel the Bills were able to stay with the Ravens and Chiefs the last two weeks is because the they both over-thought their game plans and elected to pass too often instead of running the ball 75% of the time – if they had committed to the run they would have blown us away. This week, the bears won’t even try to run the ball. They simply refuse to under Mike Martz, evidenced by his entire career. This huge weakness of the Bills suddenly is not a liability.

The Bills have no pass rush. A main reason for this is the terrible FO resigning bums like Kelsay and drafting obvious busts like Maybin. But this week the Bears will play right into our hands by calling 7 step drops with extremely long developing routes with bad receivers who cannot get open and a QB whose pocket presence makes me scream “Losman!” Even our horrible DL should be able to pressure this quarterback.

Mike Martz, throughout his career, has never utilized a TE properly. That’s great news for this buffalo team – as we cannot cover any TE under any circumstance.

The Bills are a bad team. And how to bad teams win? Turnovers and/or special teams. It is those two reason the Bills have finished 7-9 for the past 5 years. This year we are winless bc Bobby April left town and took our quality ST units with him, and we only have 1 INT. Enter the most turnover prone offense in the NFL. We are going to need 2 or 3 turnovers to win ANY game this season, and against the Bears its actually likely to happen.

Gailey’s offense seems to be making strides. Our passing game/S. Johnson are really starting to impress. But, if Gailey has learned anything from the past two games its run more, pass less. I may be giving Gailey too much credit here but I think he will catch on this week – as I am sure C. Howard will be blocking Peppers most of the day and we saw the impact T. Hali had Sunday.

Even if you don’t think Gailey will commit to the run enough this week, we have time on our side. What do I mean you ask? I think that, because of the aforementioned points, we will actually be WINNING in the 4th quarter! Being up late in the 4th will essentially FORCE Gailey to run the ball more and give us a win in Toronto.

PS here is to all the 1 win teams winning also so we can stay in the driver’s seat for the #1 pick!

The Bears are not a great team by any means but still better than Buffalo. I do however agree with you and think it's the Bills week mainly because:

a) we are due for a win.

b) we are due to finally play a decent game in Toronto (haven't yet).

c) defense is due to get a few turnovers in their favor, possibly score a Def TD or special teams TD

d) Freddie or Spiller are way overdue for a rushing TD or two

e) I feel like Fitz will have a nice rebound game

f) This team will give 100% and are dying to get a W. With each loss they are becoming more difficult to beat.

I’d like to consider myself one of the most realistic (some call it being negative but that’s another argument) posters around here. I haven’t felt like the Bills have had a legitimate chance to win yet this season, but that changes this week. Here is why.

The Bills cannot stop the run at all. The only reason I feel the Bills were able to stay with the Ravens and Chiefs the last two weeks is because the they both over-thought their game plans and elected to pass too often instead of running the ball 75% of the time – if they had committed to the run they would have blown us away. This week, the bears won’t even try to run the ball. They simply refuse to under Mike Martz, evidenced by his entire career. This huge weakness of the Bills suddenly is not a liability.

The Bills have no pass rush. A main reason for this is the terrible FO resigning bums like Kelsay and drafting obvious busts like Maybin. But this week the Bears will play right into our hands by calling 7 step drops with extremely long developing routes with bad receivers who cannot get open and a QB whose pocket presence makes me scream “Losman!” Even our horrible DL should be able to pressure this quarterback.

Mike Martz, throughout his career, has never utilized a TE properly. That’s great news for this buffalo team – as we cannot cover any TE under any circumstance.

The Bills are a bad team. And how to bad teams win? Turnovers and/or special teams. It is those two reason the Bills have finished 7-9 for the past 5 years. This year we are winless bc Bobby April left town and took our quality ST units with him, and we only have 1 INT. Enter the most turnover prone offense in the NFL. We are going to need 2 or 3 turnovers to win ANY game this season, and against the Bears its actually likely to happen.

Gailey’s offense seems to be making strides. Our passing game/S. Johnson are really starting to impress. But, if Gailey has learned anything from the past two games its run more, pass less. I may be giving Gailey too much credit here but I think he will catch on this week – as I am sure C. Howard will be blocking Peppers most of the day and we saw the impact T. Hali had Sunday.

Even if you don’t think Gailey will commit to the run enough this week, we have time on our side. What do I mean you ask? I think that, because of the aforementioned points, we will actually be WINNING in the 4th quarter! Being up late in the 4th will essentially FORCE Gailey to run the ball more and give us a win in Toronto.

PS here is to all the 1 win teams winning also so we can stay in the driver’s seat for the #1 pick!

Martz will run the ball as much as he can. The Bears will run on us like everyone else. Martz did use a rb in his times with the Rams. Yes they were called the greatest show on turf, but they did run. Buffalo will have massive issues with the Bears defense. This is not going to be a good game by any means. In fact it will be much like last week. Buffalo just might pull this off, but by an extremely lucky margin. Hopefully the Bears do pass a lot so we have a chance.

I agree mostly, but the reason the Bears/Cutler have been turn over machines is because teams have pounded him with pressure. I am not sure even with 14 step drops that we will get much pass rush to force the turnovers. Also the Bears Defense is something to fear...Peppers anyone.

We have a chance though and if the Bills continue to play hard and cut down on the turnovers it may go our way.

This week, the bears won’t even try to run the ball. They simply refuse to under Mike Martz, evidenced by his entire career.

There's a Marshall Faulk on the line.....he would like to correct your blatant factual error.

With each loss they are becoming more difficult to beat.

Nice! In lieu of wins, Ralph has us settling for this.

The mausoleum that is also known as the Rogers Centre will definitely not be a home field advantage....

Like the Ralph has been a big advantage for the Bills this season? Bills have played their best AT New England, AT Baltimore and AT KC. Playing in Toronto shouldn't matter...hopefully

The Bears are not a great team by any means but still better than Buffalo. I do however agree with you and think it's the Bills week mainly because:

a) we are due for a win. "due" is irrelevant

b) we are due to finally play a decent game in Toronto (haven't yet). "due" is irrelevant

c) defense is due to get a few turnovers in their favor, possibly score a Def TD or special teams TD "due" is irrelevant

d) Freddie or Spiller are way overdue for a rushing TD or two "due" is irrelevant

e) I feel like Fitz will have a nice rebound game

f) This team will give 100% and are dying to get a W. With each loss they are becoming more difficult to beat. "give 100%" is irrelevant

Edited by CodeMonkey

There's a Marshall Faulk on the line.....he would like to correct your blatant factual error.

You mean how he threw the ball over 60% of the time when coaching the Rams?

Look it up and do the math yourself if you don’t believe me. HINT: (pass attempts+sacks ) / (pass attempts+sacks+rushing attempts) *100 =???%

Pro-football-reference.com

Edited by Thoner7