Chan Gailey hates Fred Jackson

Dan

I'm not sure which. How else do you explain the paltry number of carries Jackson gets when it's so blatantly obvious the line and Fitz are struggling? How else do you explain being on the very edge of FG range three times with a 1st and 10, and all 3 times going spread offense with no threat of running the ball?

So, I ask... does Chan hate Fred Jackson? Or is he just :censored:ing stupid?

The game was there for the taking 3 times, if they just give the ball to Fred a couple of times. Instead... they blow it. And blow it again and again and ....

I'm not sure which. How else do you explain the paltry number of carries Jackson gets when it's so blatantly obvious the line and Fitz are struggling? How else do you explain being on the very edge of FG range three times with a 1st and 10, and all 3 times going spread offense with no threat of running the ball?

The game was there for the taking 3 times, if they just give the ball to Fred a couple of times. Instead... they blow it. And blow it again and again and ....

I was thinking the opposite. I think Jackson is mediocre and with a bad run blocking line he was looking less than mediocre.

Jackson carried 20 times. Spiller on the other hand carried 6 times.

You remember CJ spiller don't you? RB they took with the #9 overall pick. Supposedly the most explosive player in last years draft? Kinda curious why they draft someone that high, trade their previous 1st round RB, and not get him more touches

Jackson spent too much time dancing today. Seemed like there were a few opportunities available for him to get a few extra yards by putting his head down and plowing forward.

that said, it's completely inexcusable for Gailey to not call a single running play on KC's side of the field in OT

Jackson carried 20 times. Spiller on the other hand carried 6 times.

You remember CJ spiller don't you? RB they took with the #9 overall pick. Supposedly the most explosive player in last years draft? Kinda curious why they draft someone that high, trade their previous 1st round RB, and not get him more touches

I would agree, Spiller should be getting more touches as well. But, Jackson the #1 back got 20 carries in a 5 quarter game. So they averaged about 5 carries a quarter between the 2??? If we would have ran the ball more... I say we win the game.

Jackson spent too much time dancing today. Seemed like there were a few opportunities available for him to get a few extra yards by putting his head down and plowing forward.

that said, it's completely inexcusable for Gailey to not call a single running play on KC's side of the field in OT

I was a little surprised by not one run, but at the same time, our run game had done very little all day and Chan had been putting points on the board through the air as of late, so he went for the win in what seemed to be the best option at the time.

Fred averaged 2.7 yds/carry on 20 carries. That's not production. Had he kept giving Jackson the ball, people would've complained that the offense was going nowhere. Like the others have stated, CJ Spiller needs to get more involved in the running game. On a team with this many holes, you don't take a player 9th overall, just to make him the primary KR and occasional RB/WR. He needs to be a playmaking difference maker in the regular offensive scheme..

I was a little surprised by not one run, but at the same time, our run game had done very little all day and Chan had been putting points on the board through the air as of late, so he went for the win in what seemed to be the best option at the time.

The Bills have become better at passing than running. Thank God, they are finally bearable to watch.

Fred averaged 2.7 yds/carry on 20 carries. That's not production. Had he kept giving Jackson the ball, people would've complained that the offense was going nowhere. Like the others have stated, CJ Spiller needs to get more involved in the running game. On a team with this many holes, you don't take a player 9th overall, just to make him the primary KR and occasional RB/WR. He needs to be a playmaking difference maker in the regular offensive scheme..

20 carries for 64 yards is 3.2 yards per carry, not 2.7.

Two runs at the end of regulation makes a 53 yard FG closer to a 49-48 try. Much, much different.

Every defense is stacked either 8 or 9 in the box against us, it doesn't make sense to keep running the ball in those situations. The inconvenient truth is that they have to pass it. Get used to it until we win games through the air. This is what it is for now.

Every defense is stacked either 8 or 9 in the box against us, it doesn't make sense to keep running the ball in those situations. The inconvenient truth is that they have to pass it. Get used to it until we win games through the air. This is what it is for now.

No they weren't. They weren't stacking the box in overtime. They were only rushing four. They never even blitzed.

Hates Fred Jackson?:lol: The joke is the number of times Spiller touches the ball.

I wish Spiller would get the ball more, as well. Maybe if he'd ever learn how to protect it he would...

Because he is nothing special. He is not the kind of back that a team rides all day to victory. He is a nice 2nd back/backup.

Who said he was anything special? The title of this thread is not "Fred Jackson is special and Chan Gailey doesn't recognize it."

It's not like Jamaal Charles is special either. I think it's perfectly reasonable to wonder about Gailey's relationship with Jackson considering he did not trust him to get five yards on 3 carries, which, at 2.9 yards per carry today, he was statistically likely to do.

Who said he was anything special? The title of this thread is not "Fred Jackson is special and Chan Gailey doesn't recognize it."

It's not like Jamaal Charles is special either. I think it's perfectly reasonable to wonder about Gailey's relationship with Jackson considering he did not trust him to get five yards on 3 carries, which, at 2.9 yards per carry today, he was statistically likely to do.

Jamaal Charles came into the game averaging 6 yds per carry! I can only guess that went up today.

I think Jackson has hit the wall and on the decline. never was a game breaker just steady. Spiller breaking in like o.j. did in his rookie year but without the size. i'm a little concerned.

What makes you say that? He touched the ball about 5 or 6 times in the first half. How can he even get into a rhythm or or anything?