Chan Gailey hates Fred Jackson

Dan

No they weren't. They weren't stacking the box in overtime. They were only rushing four. They never even blitzed.

Try to pay attention a little more pre snap. Watch who was covering who pre snap, the chiefs had to spread out with their linebackers to cover because there package on field was the base defense with the intent of loading the line. Just because a D spreads out to cover 5 wide receivers does not mean that was their intent. Personel wise they were caught in bad match-ups one on one.

I was thinking the opposite. I think Jackson is mediocre and with a bad run blocking line he was looking less than mediocre.

OK, so you think Jackson is mediocre. He still gained 3.2 yds per carry today.

10 yds - (3.2x2) = 3.6 yds needed on 3rd down.

That's a more comfortable place than 3rd and 10, isn't it?

If you run 3x for a mediocre 9.6 yards, you're almost 10 yards deeper in KC territory, and need less than half a yard for the 1st down, maybe you feel comfortable going for it on 4th instead of punting?

Maybe you're giving your kicker a more comfortable FG?

20 carries for 64 yards is 3.2 yards per carry, not 2.7.

Two runs at the end of regulation makes a 53 yard FG closer to a 49-48 try. Much, much different.

I agree 100%.

Not to mention the INT or the sack/grounding penalty that killed any chnce to rty to win.

Horrible play calling. Calling passes with an empty backfield and our O-line is dangerous and we paid for it today.

Try to pay attention a little more pre snap. Watch who was covering who pre snap, the chiefs had to spread out with their linebackers to cover because there package on field was the base defense with the intent of loading the line. Just because a D spreads out to cover 5 wide receivers does not mean that was their intent. Personel wise they were caught in bad match-ups one on one.

Yeah... all those bad matchups really paid off for us, huh?

Problem with Gailey is he keeps trying to get cute when he needs to just line up and play the damn game sometimes.

OK, so you think Jackson is mediocre. He still gained 3.2 yds per carry today.

10 yds - (3.2x2) = 3.6 yds needed on 3rd down.

That's a more comfortable place than 3rd and 10, isn't it?

If you run 3x for a mediocre 9.6 yards, you're almost 10 yards deeper in KC territory, and need less than half a yard for the 1st down, maybe you feel comfortable going for it on 4th instead of punting?

Maybe you're giving your kicker a more comfortable FG?

I think Fitz is a better player than Jackson, and I would rather let him win/lose the game than Jackson. I think the Bills are a better passing team than a running team. I have no problem with what Gailey did.

I think Fitz is a better player than Jackson, and I would rather let him win/lose the game than Jackson. I think the Bills are a better passing team than a running team. I have no problem with what Gailey did.

Well you're getting your wish. For the last 2 weeks we've gone to overtime and in both games, Gailey has chosen to let Fitz lose it by going empty back field and not even trying to appear to run the ball.

Problem with Gailey is he keeps trying to get cute when he needs to just line up and play the damn game sometimes.

I guess if Fitz makes the throw to Spiller you would call that being too cute. Give Fitz a free pass for sucking today if you like but based on the defensive looks, this game had to be won through the air. Like it or not.

They aren't good enough to do that. The O-line is terrible at run blocking. Fitz is the key to the whole offense. He has transformed them (I don't even think he is that great, but they have been so bad for so long,) and the offense has done a 180, and players like Parrish and Evans that have been stagnant are actually getting a chance to make plays. Let Fitz do his thing, and hope he gets better as he gets more experience.

Well you're getting your wish. For the last 2 weeks we've gone to overtime and in both games, Gailey has chosen to let Fitz lose it by going empty back field and not even trying to appear to run the ball.

Yeah, well prior to this I have been watching a team that hadn't had a 300 yrd passing day for YEARS! I appreciate the change VERY MUCH! Yes they suck, but they are bearable to watch, and if it's going to take some games like these to get the team headed in the right direction I won't complain!!!!

I guess if Fitz makes the throw to Spiller you would call that being too cute. Give Fitz a free pass for sucking today if you like but based on the defensive looks, this game had to be won through the air. Like it or not.

OK.. so you take a shot. But why not then try to settle down and get something positive after that? Nope, they stayed with the pass and look where it got them.

Basic Football 101, when in the last minute of a tie game or OT and you're on the edge of FG territory, you keep it on the ground and get the tough yards to make that FG attempt just a little easier. All passes is likely to get you zero yards or a sack/INT - which is exactly what happened. OR at the very least line up to run and throw off that formation.

OK.. so you take a shot. But why not then try to settle down and get something positive after that? Nope, they stayed with the pass and look where it got them.

Basic Football 101, when in the last minute of a tie game or OT and you're on the edge of FG territory, you keep it on the ground and get the tough yards to make that FG attempt just a little easier. All passes is likely to get you zero yards or a sack/INT - which is exactly what happened. OR at the very least line up to run and throw off that formation.

I like your assumption that the Bills could have run for the tough yards when we really needed it, just like they have done all game and all season right? On that note good night.

I like your assumption that the Bills could have run for the tough yards when we really needed it, just like they have done all game and all season right? On that note good night.

How many runs for negative yards did Jackson have?