Are we cursed?

Every sport in Buffalo is cursed. The Bills, Sabres, and the UB Bulls football & basketball. Every team is a laughingstock this year with no hope in site. Every team seems to be cursed. The only Championship I've witnessed is UB Bulls football a few years back against Ball State. The only thing that got us was to lose the coach. I still have that game on tape. I don't count Lacrosse or AAA Baseball.

Think of all the heart breaking losses from these teams over the years and it is enough to make you certifiably insane.

Every team is bottoming out and it appears each team has several years of rebuilding before we will sniff playoffs or bowl games again.

It is really pathetic but the only thing we have to look forward to each year is the draft and we blow that every year also.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What good will the #1 pick do us? With the exception of Bruce Smith we've had a pretty disasterous history with #1 picks (Can anyone say Walt Patulski?)....

I don't know how many #1 picks we've had but I'm guessing it's not enough to say Bruce was some 1 in 10 "exceptions".

Sunday afternoon at 5:40. Watching yet another heartbreaking defeat. This team had to do like 10 different things to lose. Eleven seasons of trashy football. When the O plays well, the defense doesn't and vice versa.

I am seriously beginning to believe that we are cursed. Someone angered the football gods along the way.

I know we need a new def. coordinator; someone who has a blitz in his playbook.

More importantly, do we need to add a shaman, imam,priest or exorcist to the coaching staff?

Weigh in on this one.

Absolutely we are cursed. Four straight Super Bowl losses and now 11 years of no playoffs. During this time the Bills have lost games in every way imaginable. Today I think they did them all in one game. This was a ridiculous loss. So many chances to win and they just cannot do it. I am now convinced this team will go 0-16 and there is no light at the end of the tunnel even with the number one pick. This team will continue to find new ways to lose football games no matter who is coaching and no matter who is playing. I am convinced that they are cursed.

Sunday afternoon at 5:40. Watching yet another heartbreaking defeat. This team had to do like 10 different things to lose. Eleven seasons of trashy football. When the O plays well, the defense doesn't and vice versa.

I am seriously beginning to believe that we are cursed. Someone angered the football gods along the way.

More importantly, do we need to add a shaman, imam,priest or exorcist to the coaching staff?

Weigh in on this one.

We'd be better off with a shaman, priest, imam and exorcist AS the coaching staff. None would have thrown with 3 TOs left and a FG to win it.

Weigh in on this one.

Trust me, the curse will turn into a blessing in April's draft when Andrew Luck goes #1 overall to the Bills

I've been saying all along - it's The Curse of Pete Gogolak (similar to 'The Curse of the Bambino') - and nothing will change until a group of Bills backers wielding Whammy Weenies womps on Wellington Mara's tombstone!

Reverse the Curse!!!!

it was wilson who let gogalak go to the giants without a backward glance. didn't want a bidding war with the nfl..remember how that worked out?. direct the weenies at that biggest weeny owner around..

I dunno, Chalkie - Dallas killed JFK, then went on to win 5 Superbowls - 2 against Buffalo - and a Stanley Cup against....never mind...

I know this falls into the misery loves company category, but ain't it nice that the Cowboys are only 1 win better than us :)

Megamillion dollar stadium, talk pre-season of them being in a home Super Bowl. Talk about a let down...

I know this falls into the misery loves company category, but ain't it nice that the Cowboys are only 1 win better than us :)

Megamillion dollar stadium, talk pre-season of them being in a home Super Bowl. Talk about a let down...

i totally agree... problem is, next year they will more than likely contend again... lord knows if we can ever say that again here in buffalo

it was wilson who let gogalak go to the giants without a backward glance. didn't want a bidding war with the nfl..remember how that worked out?. direct the weenies at that biggest weeny owner around..

No, you are not correct - Wilson offered Gogolak a then-reasonable raise to $13K which Gogolak refused, asking for $20K and taking a 10% pay cut to allow him to play out his option and force Wilson to match any other offers - Wellington Mara violated the 'gentleman's agreement' not to raid the other league's rosters and offered Gogolak $32K - which was more than the $25K Wilson paid for the bills franchise 5 years earlier! Mara was a wealthy guy, needed to reverse his team's losing fortunes at any cost, desperately needed a kicker, and the NY Giants were the richest franchise in the largest market - Mara simply could not be out-bid.

It was actually Mara's violation of that 'no bidding-war' agreement that started the real, all-out, 'gloves-off' bidding war that lead to Joe Namath signing with the AFL NY Jets - and ultimately to merger talks between the 2 leagues, in which Ralph Wilson played a huge role.

Dallass never told Henry Ford to go **** himself.

:ph34r:

Yeah, but BuffTown was a high-brow kinda city back then - 8th largest city in the country - more millionaires per capita than anyplace - we already had Pierce Arrow & Thomas Flyer - probably didn't want any of that cheap mass-produced crap rolling outa here! B-)