Question for Buffalonians

Paladino has an ad running where he claims he got tolls removed from the Thruway in Buffalo.

For the people in Buffalo: What did Paladino have to do with toll removals and is his claim factually accurate?

he sued the thruway authority. they'd still be there if it wasn't for him.

Not knocking it... But, there is still tolls on the main Thruway. What was removed the ones on the 190 (Niagara section: Black Rock and at around Ogden Street). And I forget, aren't they (tolls) only removed in one direction?? Or are they both ways now??

Anyway... I don't know how things are set up in NYS... But in Illinois, the Illinois Tollway can still collect tolls on roads that were paid over many times... Going back to the 1950's it is in the Tollway's constitution that as long they are laying concrete (building more roads), tolls can be collected on all the roads... Like what they are doing father out on I-355.

basically... what he did was got the tolls removed on the north and southbound I-190 (not including the grand island bridges) basically where the tolls were positioned they were set up as a commuter tax into the city.

i thought "phase 2" was supposed to try and take down the grand island tolls (farther north on I-190), then go after more of the mainline I-90. but doubt that will ever happen. especially since prince andrew all but has this in the bag