Like wow. Harrison signs 66 million extension

nodnarb

Colts | Harrison Agrees to 7-Year Extension - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:00:50 -0800

ESPNews reports Indianapolis Colts WR Marvin Harrison has agreed to a seven-year, $66 million deal that includes a $22 million signing bonus.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts | Harrison Agrees to 7-Year Extension - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:00:50 -0800

ESPNews reports Indianapolis Colts WR Marvin Harrison has agreed to a seven-year, $66 million deal that includes a $22 million signing bonus.

152507[/snapback]

Those damn 527s.

Agents. Sort of makes you wonder. I know nowhere anything about it, but how can someone negotiate something like that. I understand the immediate gratification thing, but damn.

I guess they have their eyes on this drafts Lee Evans?

Who doesn't think Peyton had something to do with this?

Eric Moulds taking a paycut next year...................

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's a good one! :blink:

Keeping Harrison was very smart, but for 8 years??  The guy is like 32 already.  They don't really need edge anyway, he is a great runner but gets the benifit of running against teams dime packages.  This could be good for a Travis Henry trade to the Colts maybe.

152594[/snapback]

Maybe Harrison's going to start training at Balco.

Keeping Harrison was very smart, but for 8 years??  The guy is like 32 already.  They don't really need edge anyway, he is a great runner but gets the benifit of running against teams dime packages.  This could be good for a Travis Henry trade to the Colts maybe.

152594[/snapback]

Harrison came out the same year Moulds did.

Holy s*** Private Pyle!!! Right on Frez with the Moulds pay cut but I could see an extension that lowers next years cap hit by a couple mill. I will go on record saying I am in favor of this if it happens. Extend Moulds for 5-6 years TD!!!!!!!!!

Wow, this is amazing...

It looks like the colts want to win now and the next year or two....then take a breather for a while to eat this. This is insane. This is the perfect exampe of cap hell. 8 and 9 year contracts with huge signing bonuses. Works fine now...but in 4 years with declining skills, harrison occupying 14 mil (guesstimate) in cap space....ouch.

But yes. I think Indy now becomes a prime location for TH.

Wow, this is amazing...

It looks like the colts want to win now and the next year or two....then take a breather for a while to eat this.  This is insane.  This is the perfect exampe of cap hell.  8 and 9 year contracts with huge signing bonuses.  Works fine now...but in 4 years with declining skills, harrison occupying 14 mil (guesstimate) in cap space....ouch.

But yes.  I think Indy now becomes a prime location for TH.

152607[/snapback]

Not really, considering the cap will grow exponentially over that time. Four years from now only about $9.5 million will be left. If they have to cut him at that point, amortized over 2 seasons that'll be about $5 million. That sounds like alot of dead money, but it'll probably be about 5%.

Um did anyone miss the fact that ALL of peyton Mannings bonus goes against THIS years cap? It was done as a ROSTER bonus....not a signing bonus. ALL of the cap hit from his 17 or so mill Bonus is on THIS years cap.

Indy will have plenty of cap room to sign Edge AND some defensive players. Bill polian is still the man. TD wishes he was 1/2 the GM Polian is