this is to die hard 1967

b-unit

regardless if someone is a former player or not, posters like Die Hard shouldnt be subjected to BS like that.

There are a number of posters who are here to have discussions about football, listen to other people, and are even open to learning something. Then there are a bunch that are just here to run their mouths so they feel better because in reoal life, theyre pretty pitiful and no one respects them.

Which poster falls into which category is pretty easy to determine. Unfortunately, we're getting a lot more of the latter nowadays.

Some people just love to smack the hornet's nest. How they really feel about the particular topic is irrelevant. They will take the opposite side just to create chaos and discord. Those types are directly responsible for Lori, Tim Graham and Die Hard leaving our forum. And when a poster leaves, especially a higher profile poster, they consider that a victory and no doubt carve a notch on their keyboard and go looking for their next target.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said this a couple months ago that Kindig is my iron-clad best guess. :)

I have his card in my collection too, got it a looooooong time ago, like 20 years ago. I can't wait to find out the answer to this Watergate-esque mystery!

I think you're right - and I've got Howard in my collection, too!

I used this inflation calculator to determine the value of Die Hard's contract. $63,000 in 1967 was worth $412,000 today. In today's dollars, he was making $137,000 per year.

you are right as Namath's 1965 contract only paid him $25,000 year and had a large signing bonus for the time.

Edited by justnzane

I think you're right - and I've got Howard in my collection, too!

I remember when I was much younger, going to the card store and being amazed at seeing the Jack Kemp rookie card with him in the Chargers uniform. I wish I had bought that card, but for someone my age $200 was a LOT of money!

To share this:

Howard Kindig played in the 1964 and ‘65 AFL Championship Games. However, as a defensive end with the Chargers, he would watch the Bills win the title both times. But as the old saying goes - if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em! Midway through the ‘67 season, Kindig didn’t exactly appreciate his head coach Sid Gillman, and couldn’t wait to get out of San Diego. "He and I just didn’t see eye to eye. It was just one of those things. I had a no-cut contract, but I told him, ‘You just go ahead and cut me.’ And so, anyway, that’s what he did. Of course, I could have gone to several other places, but I wanted to go to Buffalo," said Kindig. "I always had a lot of friends in Buffalo. When Buffalo would come to San Diego, we’d get together and have a few beers and laugh and all that stuff. I knew (Ron) McDole and (Tom) Sestak, Paul Maguire and Paul Costa. I just wanted to get to Buffalo. So when I got up there, I thought, ‘This is great!’ - Reposted from Where are They Now? at buffalobills.com

I remember when I was much younger, going to the card store and being amazed at seeing the Jack Kemp rookie card with him in the Chargers uniform. I wish I had bought that card, but for someone my age $200 was a LOT of money!

To share this:

That would be cool if you're right. I remember watching Kindig on B&W TV with my G'pa explaining the different positions and what they did.

He was a great player, and from Missouri too ;). Good on him he was part of the undefeated Dolphins, but he was a big Bills fan - quoted as saying if Shula

came to B'lo in '69, there would have been 2 undefeated seasons with all the (poorly used) talent there.

The internet has Howard W Kindig currently in Baton Rouge, LA. So if our OP is in FL currently (what he's said), doesn't fit.

Hmmmm, hmmmmm, hmmmmm.

That would be cool if you're right. I remember watching Kindig on B&W TV with my G'pa explaining the different positions and what they did.

He was a great player, and from Missouri too ;). Good on him he was part of the undefeated Dolphins, but he was a big Bills fan - quoted as saying if Shula

came to B'lo in '69, there would have been 2 undefeated seasons with all the (poorly used) talent there.

The internet has Howard W Kindig currently in Baton Rouge, LA. So if our OP is in FL currently (what he's said), doesn't fit.

Hmmmm, hmmmmm, hmmmmm.

Remi Prudhomme is deceased also.

I don't think Die Hard 1967 is Howard Kindig. We discussed who he is this summer. I will keep it a secret to protect him from future harassment.

I think I may have met Die Hard at a Church Fund Raiser, back on the West Side. I met Al Bemiller and Joe O'Donnell.

Back in the late 60's and early 70's these guys came to small local events for free as guest speakers. That was a great era. Better than today in many aspects.