Todd Haley on the Bills

Amstel

I watched his Weds press conference on the Chiefs website. He spent the first few minutes talking about the Bills. He seemed genuine in his praise of the offense until he praised our D Line and Linebackers then it was obvious even though he looked sincere he was avoiding any type of Bulletain Board material. He did say that Chan has been a HC a lot longer than he has and knows what he's doing..... Cassel also gave us praise but seemed very nervous in front of the media.....

Haley does that for everybody. He overhypes opponents to kind of take himself out of the picture, but also build them up to maybe a false sense of security. He holds his cards pretty close to his chest. You're not going to learn a lot from his press conferences. I agree that Cassel does come off as nervous at times.

I watched his Weds press conference on the Chiefs website. He spent the first few minutes talking about the Bills. He seemed genuine in his praise of the offense until he praised our D Line and Linebackers then it was obvious even though he looked sincere he was avoiding any type of Bulletain Board material. He did say that Chan has been a HC a lot longer than he has and knows what he's doing..... Cassel also gave us praise but seemed very nervous in front of the media.....

Didn't Haley fire Gailey?

LMAO. That's right. I forgot about that. He took over for him, and then got rid of him or Gailey quit or something, right?

He did it after a few preseason games, if I recall correctly. A difference of coaching oppinions and Gailey wouldn't go along with it I suppose. Maybe Haley didn't like his black rimmed glasses.

Edited by agardin

Technically yes, but we don't know the terms of the rupture, maybe Haley was respectfull of Chan when he fired him. Only them know.

I guaranteed Gailey wants to destroy the Chiefs. He can downplay it all you want, but by firing a guy in the preseason, you killed his chances of getting a job for that season. Gailey vs. Haley I: This time it's personal.

He did it after a few preseason games, if I recall correctly. A difference of coaching oppinions and Gailey wouldn't go along with it I suppose. Maybe Haley didn't like his black rimmed glasses.

I heard that Gailey's playcalling wasn't aggressive enough for Haley. Only Haley knows for sure.

Haley does that for everybody. He overhypes opponents to kind of take himself out of the picture, but also build them up to maybe a false sense of security. He holds his cards pretty close to his chest. You're not going to learn a lot from his press conferences. I agree that Cassel does come off as nervous at times.

But the master of giving up nothing to the opposing team is Bellicheat! He doesn't give one iota to anyone, and makes your team sound like a Probowl squad!

If we can get some sort of effort out of the defense, I feel good about this game...KC is a team on the rise, but they're young and inexperienced. Git'r'done, Chan!!!

If we can keep them from getting their big plays we got a decent chance. Seems every week they get a KO or punt or pick returned for a TD or a long run by McClusters. Defense seemed to improve a little bit last week by at least getting some stops. The all out blitz on Flacco on 3rd and 6 in OT was especially nice and worked. I hope to see more of that. Our offense continues to look better. Maybe we put up 40 this week? Might be enough.

Edited by reddogblitz