Bills bar in Alexandria, VA?

todd

I'm sure I'm annoying some people here by posting this in this spot, but I've annoyed people before. :-)

Anyway, if someone could tell me if they know of a place to watch the game against KC this Sunday close to Alexandria (or close to a train station close to Alexandria) I would appreciate it.

My wife is running the Marine Corps marathon on Sunday and we're staying in Old Town, and if I'm able I'd love to watch a bit of the game while she's recovering. She's certainly not going to want to stand anywhere!

I'm sure I'm annoying some people here by posting this in this spot, but I've annoyed people before. :-)

Anyway, if someone could tell me if they know of a place to watch the game against KC this Sunday close to Alexandria (or close to a train station close to Alexandria) I would appreciate it.

My wife is running the Marine Corps marathon on Sunday and we're staying in Old Town, and if I'm able I'd love to watch a bit of the game while she's recovering. She's certainly not going to want to stand anywhere!

I don't know why I'd help you, you're so annoying.....

From the Bills Backers map, these are the three closest....

Northern Virginia Bills Backers

Jimmy's Old Town Tavern

697 Spring St.

Herndon, VA

Washington DC Bills Backers

The Laughing Man Tavern

1306 G St. NW.

, Washington DC

Northern/Central Virginia Bills Backers

Hard Times Cafe and Cue

5099D Jeff-Davis Highway

Fredericksburg, VA

I know Jimmy's gets mentioned a lot.

Jimmy's Old Town Tavern

697 Spring St.

Herndon, VA

The Laughing Man Tavern

1306 G St. NW.

, Washington DC

Hard Times Cafe and Cue

5099D Jeff-Davis Highway

Fredericksburg, VA

Yeah but the other 2 names seem more appropriate for a Bills fan. :w00t:

Dude,

For some reason I cannot get the search to work, ut I had to watch the opener in DC as I was in a race as well. Cannot remember the name of the place for the life of me, but think it was the 600 block of G street? Look at the bills backers of DC, and look for the DC place. I had a great time, the Burgers were good, the wings kinda sucked just as a heads up.

Just saw Jacks post..only Metro accesible is Laughing Man..that wa sthe place I was talking about. Other two a good hike

Edited by plenzmd1

In DC on metro:

McFadden's

2401 Pennsylvania Ave NW

Washington, DC 20037-1730

(202) 223-2338

In Virginia:

Grevey's

Note: <- 1st or 2nd best Bills bar with Jimmy's in DC metro

8130 Arlington Blvd

Falls Church, VA 22042-1025

(703) 560-8530

Jimmy's Old Town Tavern

697 Spring St.

Herndon, VA

The Laughing Man Tavern

1306 G St. NW.

, Washington DC

Hard Times Cafe and Cue

5099D Jeff-Davis Highway

Fredericksburg, VA

Stop being a slacker. If you were truly a devoted husband you would be running alongside her, stride for stride. Then the both of you would be able to recover together.

A little tid bit. After the race have your wife spend some time in a tub of ice. It will help her recover. Someone recently wrote an article (Buff News?) about how the Bills training staff has provided for that type of recovery therapy.

Good luck to your wife. No matter where she finishes or if finishes she is a champ for participating in such an extraoridnary challenge. :thumbsup:

Edited by JohnC

Um, yeah. I'm not a runner, that's for sure. Slacker? Maybe. For sure.

I'm the official post-race ice-getter. She's done the ice bath thing for the past 3 or 4 marathons and she swears by it. She also swears when she's getting in, but yeah, good advice for sure and I appreciate that.

Besides being incredibly proud of my wife, the thing I'm looking forward to is seeing and cheering for the US Marines who run the race. With full packs. In boots! Amazing.

People talk about golf widows, I'm a marathon widower. But she qualified for Boston and ran a 3:45, so I think it is worth it. Not bad for a 36+ year old! Sorry for bragging about her a bit.

BTW - I did make sure to wear a Bills hat during the Boston Marathon. I did get a few good-natured comments.

Stop being a slacker. If you were truly a devoted husband you would be running alongside her, stride for stride. Then the both of you would be able to recover together.

A little tid bit. After the race have your wife spend some time in a tub of ice. It will help her recover. Someone recently wrote an article (Buff News?) about how the Bills training staff has provided for that type of recovery therapy.

Good luck to your wife. No matter where she finishes or if finishes she is a champ for participating in such an extraoridnary challenge. :thumbsup:

If you don't mind not having the sound on Joe Theisman's is right across from the King Street Metro in Old Town and will have the game on.

With the Skins playing at the same time, it may be difficult to find the Bills on the tube there.

Go down King St. toward the water and right before you hit the river, on your left, is Bugsy's. It used to be called the Penalty Box. It's more of a hockey bar, but on Sunday afternoons, they have all the games on. Better yet, they have Blue on tap.

With the Skins playing at the same time, it may be difficult to find the Bills on the tube there.

Go down King St. toward the water and right before you hit the river, on your left, is Bugsy's. It used to be called the Penalty Box. It's more of a hockey bar, but on Sunday afternoons, they have all the games on. Better yet, they have Blue on tap.

Great place. And the cutie pie bartender was from Rochester! Was there over the summer.