That Was Awesome

Congrats to a full team effort (except for Whitner). It is too bad that that could not have walked away with a victory after a tremendous effort. For the first time this season, I feel bad for the players on this team. As a fan, It was great to see the receivers come up big, the O-line come up big. What a game by Fitz!!

I think this O is not too far away so I guess you just go defense, defense and more defense in FA and the draft. Fitz, I look at you in a brand new light even though I still think they should go QB if their guy is there...

Congrats to a full team effort (except for Whitner). It is too bad that that could not have walked away with a victory after a tremendous effort. For the first time this season, I feel bad for the players on this team. As a fan, It was great to see the receivers come up big, the O-line come up big. What a game by Fitz!!

I think this O is not too far away so I guess you just go defense, defense and more defense in FA and the draft. Fitz, I look at you in a brand new light even though I still think they should go QB if their guy is there...

A loss is a loss. Awesome would have been the impossible win. This is just yet another in line of crushing defeats ala dallas monday nite, season opener last year.

Fitz just ripped Baltimore a new @$$ out there today. For anyone who said "yeah but wait until we see Fitz against the Ravens D..." if you are still in denial about this guy you are beyond reason. This guy is improving leaps and bounds before our very eyes.

Edited by Cotton Fitzsimmons

A loss is a loss. Awesome would have been the impossible win. This is just yet another in line of crushing defeats ala dallas monday nite, season opener last year.

A loss is not a loss in this case...this is not even in the same universe as the Dallas game game or season opener. Nothing will change my mind that this game was awesome because I saw PLENTY of bright spots today where I thought there was none.

Oh and Six (and counting)..

Yep. Bills find a way to screw it up again.

The loss sucks, and it hurts right now, but I think this team is slowly turning the corner:

1) The wide receivers stepped up today. Steve J, Roscoe and Lee all made huge plays for the offense today.

2) Offense as a whole showed that they weren't going to be tentative against a good defense. Play calling was good and aggressive, and put themselves in a position to win a football game.

3) Offensive line gave Fitz enough protection to put up gaudy numbers and for the backs to get some decent yardage on the ground.

Unfortunately the defense was really bad again, but they made a late stop in regulation to get the ball back with a timeout and 2-minute warning, as well as the first stop in overtime. It was Hangartner's untimely penalty that sealed the Bills' fate. Hope the defense can build on it....

C'mon all you naysayers!

This was a game where they were supposed to have gotten beat to a bloody pulp, and if not for the boneheaded play of Shawn Nelson, we probably would have won.

Sure, it's not a win. But this is a statement game for a team that has been in desperate need of anything positive.

They sustained drives. Converted on 3rd and even on 4th. They stuffed Baltimore and Boldin on more than 1 occasion. Rice did not run rampant.

It was the first solid game they have played as an entire unit in quite some time.

And Steve Johnson finally emerged!!

Yea I take alot of positives 1. We really besides qb don't need to draft high. Bell looked great and surprisingly so did Howard. We need lbs and dts and we won't be that crappy if we play it right we could actually turn things around kn a year

After Fitz's performance today and pretty much all year , I think you have to reconsider your priorities come April. If the draft was tomorrow , I certainly wouldn't be thinking QB with my 1st round pick. We need all the defensive help we can get and maybe , just maybe we already have our franchise qb on the team.

I agree with you, for the first time it seemed as though the players, ALL the players, played hard 60 minutes and fought to the end.

I enjoyed the game a lot and felt bad for our guys that we lost in the end, especially IMO some very questionable officiating

C'mon all you naysayers!

This was a game where they were supposed to have gotten beat to a bloody pulp, and if not for the boneheaded play of Shawn Nelson, we probably would have won.

I don't even think it was a boneheaded move. Half the Raven D had him stopped, then they lifted him up off the ground and held him there while Lewis ripped the ball free. How on earth does the whistle NOT blow there as forward progress had clearly be stopped?