2011 - Bills go to gadget offense?

Given the tools he has, I think Chan has to think outside the box to be successful in 2011. Lots of deception and options from every look.

Steps to make this possible:

1.) bring in a scrambling QB. Obviously Michael Vick would be the first choice, but I think we could succeed with Seneca Wallace, Tyler Thigpen, or a number of others. These guys bring the threat of run along with pass, it keeps the defense off balance. Don't get me wrong, Fitz has been great, but I don't think we can win with what we've got. We need to cover our deficiencies until we can populate the roster with talent

2.) Keep Fred and CJ on the field as much as possible. Imagine FJ, CJ or Roscoe with the ball 80% of the time, and as decoys the rest. Keep Lee Evans split out to spread the field. And keep in mind, Fred can throw the ball well.

3.) Need a true deep threat. A burner with a proven ability to get down the field. Don't know who on this one, ideas? This guy keeps a safety deep, one less guy in the box to stop our wildcat 2 run game.

It is certainly not traditional. But it could keep our offense on the field for sustained drives, which makes our defense better. We need good, big talent on the lines from the draft.

Given the tools he has, I think Chan has to think outside the box to be successful in 2011. Lots of deception and options from every look.

1.) bring in a scrambling QB. Obviously Michael Vick would be the first choice, but I think we could succeed with Seneca Wallace, Tyler Thigpen, or a number of others. These guys bring the threat of run along with pass, it keeps the defense off balance. Don't get me wrong, Fitz has been great, but I don't think we can win with what we've got. We need to cover our deficiencies until we can populate the roster with talent

2.) Keep Fred and CJ on the field as much as possible. Imagine FJ, CJ or Roscoe with the ball 80% of the time, and as decoys the rest. Keep Lee Evans split out to spread the field. And keep in mind, Fred can throw the ball well.

3.) Need a true deep threat. A burner with a proven ability to get down the field. Don't know who on this one, ideas? This guy keeps a safety deep, one less guy in the box to stop our wildcat 2 run game.

It is certainly not traditional. But it could keep our offense on the field for sustained drives, which makes our defense better. We need good, big talent on the lines from the draft.

No.

But a very cool user name.

This always gets me...hes thrown one pass in his NFL career people. I bet hes played catch in his life once or twice too...

This always gets me...hes thrown one pass in his NFL career people. I bet hes played catch in his life once or twice too...

There must be some trick plays in the plans for this weekend. At the last home game I found a crumpled sheet of paper in the men's room that looked like it had a new play drawn up on it. Someone scribbled "best end around" and showed one of the Jills holding a football.

Edited by BillsfaninFl

There must be some trick plays in the plans for this weekend. At the last home game I found a crumpled sheet of paper in the men's room that looked like it had a new play drawn up on it. Someone scribbled "best end around" and showed one of the Jills holding a football.

There we'll be a trick. And its not going to catch anyone off guard. Onside kick to start the game/2nd half. Yawn.

We're rebuilding. We're pointing towards 2012 or 2013.

While we might tweak the offense a bit to be better next year, we certainly wouldn't make personnel choices based on the need to be better next year. There is no need to be better next year. It would be nice, but isn't necessary.