NPR fires Juan Williams

Magox

Although Juan Williams is getting fired ostensibly for these comments. I often think it is often a case of managers wanting to bring in their own people - and finding a cause of separation.

Careerism is as alive in Public Radio as it is in network.

I have it on pretty good authority that WBFO - NPR's affiliate in Buffalo is going to release their entire news staff by the end of the year. Nothing to do with bias. Careerism.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've definitely become more than a poster here.

Yes conner, you have transcended... :w00t: I will leave what, and what you have risen to become to others....

It is certainly common place around here to attribute positions or stances to me that I've never taken. Such goes life.

It also certainly common place for you to take positions/post links to material...that you don't understand. Such goes your idiocy.

"Any man who inflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood." -- H. L. Mencken

Is that what you think you are doing? Sad. You have to have ideas, in order to inflict them. As LaBillz has identified accurately: You don't have any ideas.

OC if you are a CEO, I would love to short sell your stock. Seriously, you give me a ticker symbol, and I put as much money as I can into shorting it. I have 100% confidence in you to fail at everything you try at.

:lol:

Although Juan Williams is getting fired ostensibly for these comments. I often think it is often a case of managers wanting to bring in their own people - and finding a cause of separation.

Careerism is as alive in Public Radio as it is in network.

I have it on pretty good authority that WBFO - NPR's affiliate in Buffalo is going to release their entire news staff by the end of the year. Nothing to do with bias. Careerism.

O'Reilly just said they have evidence that Mara Liason? is next to fired, for the sole reason that she is another liberal on Fox, and that Soros is behind all of this. Careerism, or, Soros playing games again? Soros gave NPR(EDIT: Media Matters->NPR?) 1.8 million bucks?

Didn't he learn anything from the Air America debacle? People don't like nonsense. They like reasonable debate. This is why we like TPS and "hate" conner. :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I've definitely become more than a poster here. It is certainly common place around here to attribute positions or stances to me that I've never taken. Such goes life.

"Any man who inflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood." -- H. L. Mencken

OC if you are a CEO, I would love to short sell your stock. Seriously, you give me a ticker symbol, and I put as much money as I can into shorting it. I have 100% confidence in you to fail at everything you try at.

Stage 4: Delusion

Hehehehehehe. I truly enjoy being the polar opposite of conner.

Which only proves them to be intellectually vapid. Williams has consistently called for comprehensive reform(amnesty) for illegal immigrants on Fox. Does that mean NPR doesn't support comprehensive reform(amnesty)?

Juan's positions don't change, regardless of where he delivers them. So what difference does it make where he says what?

Which is it? Does he say the same things on Fox that he says on NPR? Or, as you've suggested, does he save the good stuff for the non-partisan Fox network?

To answer your question:

NPR people think Fox is for mouth-breathing robots. And as this thread demonstrates, Fox people think NPR is for bicycle fags. The respective network overlords are aware of this perception, so since he started with NPR, and I imagine his NPR bosses were a tad leery of him employing the enemy's resources to help mold his image.

Why is this so hard? It probably never sat well with NPR that he was on Fox in the first place, and he finally gave then an excuse to pull the trigger. He went full-on Muslim. And in today's climate, that **** just aint cool.

I don't speak gibberish. Please translate. :D

This thread is making NPR out to be some amoebic school of fishes. Each movement--no matter how subtle, no matter how important--perfectly synchronized between the donors, the news directors, the producers, and the audience.

Is that how that how well structured it is at the nation-wide company where you work?

And with $1.8 million going to NPR from George Soros last week, there's a lot of careerism to be had.

You're cherry picking that number.

A large donation, no doubt.

But it hardly compromises the bulk of their revenue, thus it's unlikely to carry the kind of implicit influence you were shooting for.

I've definitely become more than a poster here. It is certainly common place around here to attribute positions or stances to me that I've never taken. Such goes life.

Oh, get over yourself already. You're not an intellectual beacon of the board, you're just a fool.

You're cherry picking that number.

A large donation, no doubt.

But it hardly compromises the bulk of their revenue, thus it's unlikely to carry the kind of implicit influence you were shooting for.

You think a $1.8 million dollar George Soros donation to NPR on Monday, followed by the firing of Williams for something he said on Monday night on Fox News is...what? Coincidence? Bad timing?

And you think a donation of that size as NPR is kicking of a fundraising week is simply not enough to influence NPR?

Wow. If you're smart, you'll grab one of those rainbow-farting unicorns you hang with and sell it on E-bay. NPR is going to look ridiculous in the coming days because even the most dedicated far-left batchit crazy liberals are pissed off about this.

You think a $1.8 million dollar George Soros donation to NPR on Monday, followed by the firing of Williams for something he said on Monday night on Fox News is...what? Coincidence? Bad timing?

And you think a donation of that size as NPR is kicking of a fundraising week is simply not enough to influence NPR?

Wow. If you're smart, you'll grab one of those rainbow-farting unicorns you hang with and sell it on E-bay. NPR is going to look ridiculous in the coming days because even the most dedicated far-left batchit crazy liberals are pissed off about this.

Not all of them.

I'm sorry what was your point again?

NPR is evil because a sinisterly rich liberal took umbrance with Juan William's involvement at Fox News? Then pulled the purse strings when he had a chance to pounce? So what? That's show biz, baby.

Grant to NPR No, not Lou Grant. More like George's Grant

NPR has received a $1.8 million grant from the Open Society Foundations to begin a project called Impact of Government that is intended to add at least 100 journalists at NPR member radio stations in all 50 states over the next three years.

The reporters, editors and analysts will cover state governments and how their actions affect people. Open Society Foundations

I indebted to whomever coined the phrase "bicycle fag." As soon as I read it I began to fill the accompanying concept bag with spandex, squirt bottles, recumbent bikes, Starbuck's coffee cup litter and curbside protest signs.

Wow, bicycle fags!

Grant to NPR No, not Lou Grant. More like George's Grant

NPR has received a $1.8 million grant from the Open Society Foundations to begin a project called Impact of Government that is intended to add at least 100 journalists at NPR member radio stations in all 50 states over the next three years.

The reporters, editors and analysts will cover state governments and how their actions affect people. Open Society Foundations

This is same thing LA was referencing. Although I don't think the 100 reporters thing belongs in this context. I have an extremely inside source on this. PM for deets.

I indebted to whomever coined the phrase "bicycle fag." As soon as I read it I began to fill the accompanying concept bag with spandex, squirt bottles, recumbent bikes, Starbuck's coffee cup litter and curbside protest signs.

Wow, bicycle fags!

Lose the 'recumbent' and you got it about right. :)

I'm sorry what was your point again?

NPR is evil because a sinisterly rich liberal took umbrance with Juan William's involvement at Fox News? Then pulled the purse strings when he had a chance to pounce? So what? That's show biz, baby.

This is why people like you should be booted off the planet. Youll make a statement like the above and write off whats going on as "showbiz, baybee", but then rail against Fox News for their conservative slant...holding them responsible for death, murders, mayhem, Lady Gaga, etc.

Dude.

The spandex bikers, way lame.

The spandex bikers pushing a recumbent, unfathomably intolerable.

And football players wear knickers, whats yer point?

This is why people like you should be booted off the planet. Youll make a statement like the above and write off whats going on as "showbiz, baybee", but then rail against Fox News for their conservative slant...holding them responsible for death, murders, mayhem, Lady Gaga, etc.

And football players wear knickers, whats yer point?

Well, so far all we've done is tie NPR to a liberal billionaire and confirm that their programming is subtlely left-leaning.

And yet their partisanship is on-par with Fox, yes. That's it. Nevermind the fact that you're railing me based on an assumption you created.

What's my point: you're completely wrong to think that removing the recumbent bike curbs cycling prissiness. Said prissiness increases by a magnitude of 10 fold when the regular bike is replaced with a recumbent bike. This cannot be argued, and I will say nothing further on the matter.

Well, so far all we've done is tie NPR to a liberal billionaire and confirm that their programming is subtlely left-leaning.

And yet their partisanship is on-par with Fox, yes. That's it. Nevermind the fact that you're railing me based on an assumption you created.

What's my point: you're completely wrong to think that removing the recumbent bike curbs cycling prissiness. Said prissiness increases by a magnitude of 10 fold when the regular bike is replaced with a recumbent bike. This cannot be argued, and I will say nothing further on the matter.

Im not going to argue about how doping, hipsters and recumbents have plunged cycling into a very dark period. Thank God for Jens Voigt.

Im not going to argue about how doping, hipsters and recumbents have plunged cycling into a very dark period. Thank God for Jens Voigt.

A post-summer low of 38 and a brisk wind coming off Lake Michigan didn't stop me from pedaling ye olde Raleigh to work today. That's right. Kiss my sanctimonious ass!! :thumbsup: