Another Colts "Idiot Kicker Who Got Liquored Up"

/dev/null

S W I - Swimming While Intoxicated

I didn't know that was a crime but nowadays, it appears that any form of public intoxication is subject to arrest.

The worst thing that's going to happen to this guy is that he is going to get a ton of crap from his teammates in the locker room.

Got to love the "Public Intoxication" law huh? If the police really wanted to enforce this draconian law, they could arrest everyone who steps outside the pub after 2 am.

Exactly who is the victim in public intoxication?

Got to love the "Public Intoxication" law huh? If the police really wanted to enforce this draconian law, they could arrest everyone who steps outside the pub after 2 am.

Exactly who is the victim in public intoxication?

I would tend to believe every jurisdiction has some form of public intoxication on the books. I would also assume that the cops will use it especially at times where the safety of the intoxicated individual or the public is in question. It is also likely used if the drunk is making a jack :censored: of himself in the presence of the police. If you are leaving the bar at 2 AM intoxicated and minding your own business on your walk home or safely making it to a cab the cops are not likely to bother with you.

Hope he had fun. Probably get a slap on the wrist. SWI seems dumb and dangerous, but he wasn't in the water when the cops talked with him - so it's not like his celebrating put anyone else at risk. I guess you could say the woman was at risk when she ran the red light, but I'm not sure you could blame McAfee for that.

Seems like a non-story. I hope the NFL and the Colts don't get all pious and feel the need to hammer the guy. If so, they should probably stop beer commercials during their games - Don't want to damage the image of the game!!

Loved this quote

Police asked McAfee how much he had to drink.

"A lot cause I am drunk," McAfee said, according to the report.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/10/20/colts.punter.ap/index.html#ixzz12uBPlmq5

Hey the guy knew he was drunk, admitted it, was not getting behind the wheel..who's throwing the first stone at that??Let's not forget he is 23

Good article.

Hard to believe that you can arrest someone on mere suspicion, even in Texas.

Count on that state to find the law constitutional.

And the whole thing gets abused by "law enforcement".

That is why laws must be narrowly written.

For the minorities, gays, and drunken punters out there.

And LEGALIZE pot.

I would tend to believe every jurisdiction has some form of public intoxication on the books. I would also assume that the cops will use it especially at times where the safety of the intoxicated individual or the public is in question. It is also likely used if the drunk is making a jack :censored: of himself in the presence of the police. If you are leaving the bar at 2 AM intoxicated and minding your own business on your walk home or safely making it to a cab the cops are not likely to bother with you.

Since when is their a legal limit to alcohol consumption not related to driving? Sicne there is no standardized relation to a blood alcohol level and the actual drunkenness of a person, how do you even say someone is drunk unless they are acting like it or smell like it?

Police were first called after a driver stopped at a red light reported that a man with no shirt approached her car. The woman told police she feared the man was going to try to get in the car, so she ran the red light and called 911 to report the suspicious person.

Did she forget that she could have locked her car. How stupid can people be.

you'd do fine in a police state. public intoxication laws are as stupid as open container laws.

are as stupid as open container laws.

I argue all the time how stupid open container laws are. Not the PC thing to do, but still cannot get my head around how drinking a beer in the bar is safer than me drinking one in the car. If I am over .08, i should be arrested, now matter where i darnk the alcohol. I will stand up and say I proudly drink roadies all the time. :beer::thumbsup:

you'd do fine in a police state. public intoxication laws are as stupid as open container laws.

Though they have done a lot of good work, MADD can often be fanatical in their approach towards alcohol laws. I get the feeling that their end goal is prohibition.

This conversation should be moved to the Off the Wall or PPP.

Hope he had fun. Probably get a slap on the wrist. SWI seems dumb and dangerous, but he wasn't in the water when the cops talked with him - so it's not like his celebrating put anyone else at risk. I guess you could say the woman was at risk when she ran the red light, but I'm not sure you could blame McAfee for that.

Seems like a non-story. I hope the NFL and the Colts don't get all pious and feel the need to hammer the guy. If so, they should probably stop beer commercials during their games - Don't want to damage the image of the game!!

I live here in Indianapolis, and I think there is a good chance that the Colts may just do something about it. They are sort of like the Bills in that they like to talk about what good "character" all their players have. And they, and the media, especially like to contrast that with the city's other pro sports team, the NBA Indiana Pacers, who continually embarrass themselves by off-the-court behavior (not to mention on-the-court incompetence). They've cut several players in the past for off-field incidents (Dominic Rhodes for a DUI right after he played really well in their Super Bowl victory, and a starting defensive lineman whose name escapes me for pot possession).

Anyway, Polian was interviewed on the radio this afternoon, and sounded pretty pissed off that he even had to deal with questions about something like this (especially during their bye week). At the very least they are likely to fine Macafee substantially ... and might even suspend him for "conduct detrimental". They'll probably wait to see what, if anything, Goodell does first.

GO BILLS!