Cut Garrison Sanborn!!!

He is one of the best football posters on this board. His football posts are very insightful and contstructed pretty well.

And if you didn't pick up on the joke, then maybe you guys that didn't get it need to learn what sarcasm is.

Really? Then he should stick to insightful football posts because he can't do sarcasm for sh*t.

What a boner of a thread.

Cut Sanborn?

The guy we had took too long to snap, which led to a couple of blocked kicks and sweat on the brow of Moorman.

Sanborn is accurate, and snaps the ball like a rocket, saving valuable tenths of a second for the kickers to do their thing.

He's one of the few bright spots.

You're polluting the board with sarcastic BS. It's not funny, it just makes the worthwhile posts harder to find. Don't tell me he's on of the "best football posters".

This is the same stupid attitude that shoved away a lot of other great posters here. There was a time this board was a good read, but chasing the best posters aways isn't working. If this is the first post you have ever saw of his, then I feel bad for you because his posts truly are a good read. I don't know how you miss his posts though. He doesn't post that often now (just like TG, JW, lori, etc) but chasing him way with one post is ridiculous.

Not to mention it was obviously meant has a harmless jab. Anyone who has read his posts would know he was not being serious.

Really? Then he should stick to insightful football posts because he can't do sarcasm for sh*t.

Yeah, he is the one that sucks at sarcasm? last time I checked you were one of only two people that didn't pick up on it. Sounds like you are the one that needs to take a sarcasm class bro. Like I said, if you actually read any of his other posts, you would get the thread even without all the hints of sarcasm. I can't believe this is the first time you are seeing his posts.

Some of his best stuff is on free agency. When most posters here are guilty of creating threads and shouting "sign him!" WVU creates a real thread with real input on the player in detail. One year he went position by postion on the available players. HE probably doesn't do it every year because it looks very time consuming... but I tell ya, great stuff and much better than the garbage I see on here lately.

Really? all the crap that is said on this board you guys go after a long standing, well respected member of TSW? Come on.... You guys can't hate all the sarcasm you want, but a sarcastic post is way better than a lot of the serious posts here... some of them I can't believe they are being serious and they are.

WVU, don't listen to these guys. post more often.

Legend has it that Sanborn can long snap a ball clear across a football field.

hahahahaha

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

Man I half expected someone to say, "I don't see anyone by the name of Satire on the roster/PS."

Word, sorry I hurt your feelings by polluting the board, but you could try lightening up. Besides, where are these worthwhile posts you're talking about? I haven't seen anything resembling such on this board in a while. Maybe if we didn't run off people like Graham, Lori, and JW we would have something here.

I just noticed something. See the "W"? It's on the girl with the biggest toosh, it's also the biggest letter. The V, however, should have been on the last girl, hers would have been more size appropriate than the middle who could have handled the U a lot better.

Wait, aren't we supposed to have worthwhile threads on here? :wallbash:

A few years ago in th playoffs a long snapper muffed the snap and his team lost I 'm thinking the Giants or 49ers not sure, but I remember the guy retired or quit or was cut the next day.

The long snapper is vital for ex points and FG's When was the last time you saw a bad snap from the center ? It doesnt happen often in the pros !

A few years ago in th playoffs a long snapper muffed the snap and his team lost I 'm thinking the Giants or 49ers not sure, but I remember the guy retired or quit or was cut the next day.

The long snapper is vital for ex points and FG's When was the last time you saw a bad snap from the center ? It doesnt happen often in the pros !

I think that was the 2nd greatest postseason comeback game with the Giants at San Fran (49ers 39-38 after trailing 38-14)---- it was the Giants long snapper, a pretty good one, too, named Trey Junkin. Oddly enough, he was originally a Buffalo Bill.

I think that was the 2nd greatest postseason comeback game with the Giants at San Fran (49ers 39-38 after trailing 38-14)---- it was the Giants long snapper, a pretty good one, too, named Trey Junkin. Oddly enough, he was originally a Buffalo Bill.

Trey Junkin and the one guy from the Packers who's name I am drawing a blank on are considered three of the best long snappers in NFL history. The Packers guy had license plates that read "snapa"

I was a long snapper in HS. Our special teams coached punted for the Bengals for a few years, he urged me to try out for U Toledo saying I had what it took. I love long snapping.

Yeah, he is the one that sucks at sarcasm? last time I checked you were one of only two people that didn't pick up on it. Sounds like you are the one that needs to take a sarcasm class bro. Like I said, if you actually read any of his other posts, you would get the thread even without all the hints of sarcasm. I can't believe this is the first time you are seeing his posts.

Some of his best stuff is on free agency. When most posters here are guilty of creating threads and shouting "sign him!" WVU creates a real thread with real input on the player in detail. One year he went position by postion on the available players. HE probably doesn't do it every year because it looks very time consuming... but I tell ya, great stuff and much better than the garbage I see on here lately.

WVU, don't listen to these guys. post more often.

Okay then, WVU post away and the rest of us rubes will strive to do a better job with our sarcasm detection and to better memorize the the truly insightful posters as opposed to the rest of the great unwashed here on TSW. (Gosh, this sarcasm thing is really tricky...in fact - it's hard to do sarcasm on TSW!)

If it wasn't for your avatar I'd admonish you for that. :flirt:

Exactly, I have learned to totally ignore his posts and just stare at his avatar.

The Bills are 6-16 with Garrison Sanborn. The stats speak for themselves.

That is the long snapper's fault? He plays more than any other snapper in the league, we go 3 and out almost every series. I don't remember us losing on a bad snap, in fact that might be the only way we haven't lost since he got here.

Besides, where are these worthwhile posts you're talking about? I haven't seen anything resembling such on this board in a while. Maybe if we didn't run off people like Graham, Lori, and JW we would have something here.

Whatever, man. My posts are like gold. You know, like urine.

LOL, I love how even after its been noted several times that this was a joke people continue to bash me for hating on Garrison. Just shows how much actual reading goes on here. So many posters on this board are so quick to jump on another poster and their opinions it isn't even funny anymore. It isn't just about disagreeing with people, its about personally attacking the other posters, belittling, and almost to the point of trying to humiliate people on a daily basis. These are the things that have brought this board to an all-time low in my opinion. I know the Bills are bad and people are frustrated, but we so quickly forget that football is just a game and is a means of entertainment. It isn't life or death who wins or loses, but some people find a way to take it personally that the Bills lost. I have friends who have their weekends ruined when the Bills lose. I'm sorry that is just taking it way to seriously. If your personal life is directly affected by how the Bills perform and you aren't on the field or in the offices at OBD, please take sometime to reflect on what is truly important in your life.

The intent of this thread was to have a little fun by pretending to blame a player who sees the field about 10 plays per game for the Bills' woes. I definitely got some entertaining responses. Thank you for those as I did need some laughs this week.

DaninUtica, thanks for the kind words and sticking up for me, I appreciate those who enjoy my posts. Sadly, I got tired of taking the time to research players and prospects to share with the board to have my posts buried in redundant threads about how the Bills suck, Wilson is cheap, and other ideas just thrown at the wall to see what sticks. I've also been very busy with my first born child who is turning 9 months old in a few days so I have not had the opportunities to post as much as I would like. As the season winds down and we start looking more closely at the off season, you might see a few new topics from ole'WU.

this thread is straight retarded. learn something about football, then come back. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Sarcasm recognition fail.

Dude, who the heck creates a "Cut Garrison Sanborn" thread and is serious about it? LOL

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

Worst thing about that story was (if i recall right and/or am not exaggerating to make a rough story all the worse), the 40-something Junkin had already retired, but the Giants convinced him to join them for that playoff run.