Bills fans should take Ryan Fitzpatrick seriously...

1billsfan

:worthy: :worthy:

Hey, even I was expecting a bad day for Ryan today. What he did was very impressive and I'm just glad that from here on he'll start getting serious consideration from the fans that he just may be the real deal franchise QB we've all been waiting for since Kelly.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will fully admit to being "wrong". I thought he was kinda crappy to mediocre at best and had a couple good games against poor teams... but today's game was a pretty good one, even with the couple questionable throws he made that turned into picks.

Two thumbs up for Fitz from me, you've made a Billeiver out of me. :)

Now I wish the rest of the team (mostly the defense) could get going.

I HAVE NOTHING BUT THE UTMOST REPECT FOR RYNN FITZPACTRIC ,WHAT A GAMER THIS GUY PLAYS HIS HEART OUT. THE GUY MIGHT NOT HAVE ALL THE TALENT IN THE WORLD BUT HE NEVER THINKS HE IS OUT OF THE GAME. THE GUY PLAYS HIS HEART IN EVEY GAME AND THATS ALL YOU CAN ASK OF ANYBODY.THE DEFENSE IS MOSLY TO BLAME .WHEN A OFFENSE PUTS UP 30 POINTS IN A GAME WE SHOULD WIN.

Edited by shadowcat10

...as a true contender to the QB we've all been searching for since Kelly left the stage. When you look at his stats over his last five starts (last two games in '09 and the first three in '10) you come to realize that these are not the stats of a backup player. Extrapolated over a 16 game season, these are the numbers of a top tier NFL QB. So what is there to get excited about this year? How about the prospect of Bills fans finding out their franchise QB is already here. This is not a prediction that he will be that, just that Bills fans need to see the very good work he's been doing and the prospect that he just might continue to do so...

Fitzpatrick's last 5 starts...

11 TDs / 3 interceptions

Average TDs per game - 2.2 (35 TDs in a 16 game season)

Average yards per game - 185.6 (2969 yards in a 16 game season)

Average QB rating - 100.66

As a comparison, here are Jim Kelly's 1990 Superbowl season stats (14 games)

Total TDs - 24

Total yards - 2829

Yards per game - 202.1

Rating - 101.2

Cue the haters...

I love the way FITZY plays got the alt most resect for the way he plays, A lot better QB THAN I EVER EXPECTED HE WAS A STEAL .

Fitz is a starter. Rip me a new one, I don't care. The guys a gamer and I'm rooting for him.:nana:

I totallay agree Fitz is a very underated QB, I AM becomneing huge a fan of his so you are not alone ,the guy is awsome in my book he has totaly earned my respect.

Put the stats aside and pay attention to the actual game. While Fitz is light years better than Trent, he's not consistent enough while the game is still being decided. A lot of Fitzy's glossy stats are coming once the Bills are 20 points down and the backups are in.

PTR

I don't perscribe to any theory that Fitz is a number 1 QB as he lacks accuracy and consistency as a passer. However, please don't cheapen his performance by saying he is playing against backups.

I did not see any backup in the Ravens game or the Pats both of which went down to the wire. I don't recall him playing against backups versus the Jags and Jets for that matter.

The only reason Fitz was let go by other organizations is that he's from Harvard. It's the same reason Jay Fiedler bounced all over the league before becoming pretty much the Dolphins' only halfway decent QB since Marino. NFL people generally don't think Ivy Leaguers can play. In most circumstances they're right, but a few of them can. Fitz is one.

A disproportionate number of Fitz's stats have come against prevent defenses in garbage time. Kelly usually sat out those portions of games and never had a chance to pad his stats in the same way. Additionally, every QB passing against the Jags D has looked like a fantasy superstar--- and the Pats defense has done opposing QBs similar favors.

I like Fitz too (a lot, really), but some perspective is necessary when judging his statistics.

I'd be ok with him as the starter in 2011 if A) the Bills draft and "groom" a young QB behind Fitz until he is ready or B) there is no franchise QB available in the 1st round that the Bills feel comfortable with---- either, he's no more than a stopgap solution as a starter.

I support this post!