Demarcus Love, LT, Arkansas

than Bell ever has a chance of being.

Actually, he reminds me of Bell wrt his agility. He is listed at 315 but I think he is a bit lighter. Still, he is VERY agile and looks strong enough (unlike Bell) to be a very good LT in this league.

There is NO excuse for the Bills to screw up the 2011 draft. I don't trust Nix all that much after the Spiller pick, but I like him (and Gailey) WAY more than Levy/Jauron, and don't think that it is possible for the current crew to be as inept as those two losers. Nope, just don't see it. :thumbsup: I am SO looking forward to the 11 draft!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, he reminds me of Bell wrt his agility. He is listed at 315 but I think he is a bit lighter. Still, he is VERY agile and looks strong enough (unlike Bell) to be a very good LT in this league.

There is NO excuse for the Bills to screw up the 2011 draft. I don't trust Nix all that much after the Spiller pick, but I like him (and Gailey) WAY more than Levy/Jauron, and don't think that it is possible for the current crew to be as inept as those two losers. Nope, just don't see it. :thumbsup: I am SO looking forward to the 11 draft!

Ain't it always the case, tho, that just when you think they've hit rock bottom, they break out some blasting caps?

the bills are all over it. did you hear the announcer say he was actually speaking to a bills scout who was there looking @ him (and Mallet) and that they have him pegged as a RT in the NFL.

that being said he looked good to me,amybe in the third round.

the bills are all over it. did you hear the announcer say he was actually speaking to a bills scout who was there looking @ him (and Mallet) and that they have him pegged as a RT in the NFL.

that being said he looked good to me,amybe in the third round.

I just posted in another thread that he reminded me of Anthony Davis, so I am not suprised they think of him as a RT. The problem is I dont really see a top tier LT in this draft. Some of the rankings have the BC tackle at the top so I will have to catch one of their games soon. That Said Carimi was much more impressive yesterday, and he would be my dream pick to play RT at the moment.

Edited by Thoner7

I called for Love as a 2nd round option in another thread last month. I was very impressed with him last year when he moved from LG to LT and the job he did protecting Mallett. You can't have that kind of QB success without strong protection on the blindside. He may not be a 1st rounder (especially in the area of our pick), but he would look good as a 2nd round or, if the cards fell our way, an early 3rd rounder. He does probably immediately project as a RT, but he is athletic and strong enough to move to the LT with experience. I am not enamored with Bell's performance this year, but it has been workable and may be something we deal with until 2012. If we are, and we will be, top 3 in 2011, it looks more and more like a QB is our pick. No OT in this draft is worth a pick in the top 5, even Carimi, so that would not be an option.

He is still playing college level talent. What would he do in the NFL?

PTR

Obviously none of us know Promo, but I picture a bigger Demetrius Bell. He has that type of agility (probably more), but he is bigger and strong enough to play in the NFL.

I am not enamored with Bell's performance this year, but it has been workable and may be something we deal with until 2012.

I want to see how Bell plays without Green on the other side. Many times Bell didn't have time to give up a sack, whereas DEs going up against Green had our qb completely wrapped up in 2 seconds or so.

If Bell is able to produce, that would be fantastic, but I need to see it.

Three things you can count on in life:

1) Death

2) Taxes

3) Bill in NYC grousing for an OL to be picked FIRST OVERALL in the draft.

Really, seriously. You FINALLY have a chance to draft a franchise QB, and you'll WASTE that opportunity on a guy who probably won't start as a LT in the league. Mike Williams, anyone?

There are three choices to make with number one, and we need a franchise player on the defensive line a la Bruce Smith, a qb a la John Elway or Peyton Manning or an Offensive Lineman a la Orlando Pace or Bryant Mckinney. That's asking a LOT. I say measure them up when the season is over and if there isn't a franchise worthy candidate at any of those three positions...trade down. Assuming a mid-range first and two seconds we could walk away with an outstanding OLB, a very good qb prospect and a solid Defensive End.

Three things you can count on in life:

1) Death

2) Taxes

3) Bill in NYC grousing for an OL to be picked FIRST OVERALL in the draft.

Really, seriously. You FINALLY have a chance to draft a franchise QB, and you'll WASTE that opportunity on a guy who probably won't start as a LT in the league. Mike Williams, anyone?

Sorry Joe. I constantly resist scathing replies to you, but you leave me little choice because you are such a jerk off. Seriously, adjust your medication, and consider growing and being a big boy.

In numerous posts I have called for the Bills to draft Ryan Mallett. Look it up if you care so much. In the meanttime, enjoy the rest of the day as a jerk off. :thumbsup:

Sorry Joe. I constantly resist scathing replies to you, but you leave me little choice because you are such a jerk off. Seriously, adjust your medication, and consider growing and being a big boy.

In numerous posts I have called for the Bills to draft Ryan Mallett. Look it up if you care so much. In the meanttime, enjoy the rest of the day as a jerk off. :thumbsup:

Now you hurt my feelings. :rolleyes:

Sorry Bill, but your ongoing crusade (and that IS what it is) doesn't fit your current post, so I'm calling your bull ****.

The Bills have so many needs that I hope they approach this draft with the list of their needs and see how they line up with the players available. If there's a top QB or DE in picks 1-3 but no OL worth that slot, I have no problem using our top 3 pick for that and saving the top of round 2 for a top OL.

One nice thing about a top QB pick is that he won't likely play in 2011 (assuming there is a 2012 season), so the Bills should have a top 10 pick in the 2012 draft too. They can probably find a stud lineman or LB with that pick.

I am all for an OT pick but based on the early draft reads, there's no top LT in this draft.

As for the insult throwing, carry on.

There are three choices to make with number one, and we need a franchise player on the defensive line a la Bruce Smith, a qb a la John Elway or Peyton Manning or an Offensive Lineman a la Orlando Pace or Bryant Mckinney. That's asking a LOT. I say measure them up when the season is over and if there isn't a franchise worthy candidate at any of those three positions...trade down. Assuming a mid-range first and two seconds we could walk away with an outstanding OLB, a very good qb prospect and a solid Defensive End.

Funny that 4 of the 5 people that you mention are once in a generation types of players. Chances of finding one of those guys next year, let alone in the next decade are almost zero.

Temper your expectations and pray they will be in a position to select someone who will be evolve into a solid contributor over the foreseeable future.

Also, chances of trading down are slim. Maybe in a couple of years if they put a cap on rookie salaries, but right now, the only way a team moves up to a top 3 pick is if it is for a player who is a can't miss prospect, which is someone the Bills should be taking anyways.