SOME MAN-LOVE FOR JIM KELLY

I know he talks wih his heart, and the chances of him controling the Bills are slim, but I would LOVE that senario...although I will say, his aging will take a turn for the worse if he does gain control.

Kelly is ok but he's no Sean Pufy Combs.

i think the mere fact it is being speculated that kelly wants to buy the team is a positive. think of the alternative!at least we have something to hang our hats on. my only other hope was jeremy jacobs, but you do not hear much from him, but maybe he is working with kelly, who knows. all i know is that there is a reasonable chance they stay, because of kelly.

i think the mere fact it is being speculated that kelly wants to buy the team is a positive. think of the alternative!at least we have something to hang our hats on. my only other hope was jeremy jacobs, but you do not hear much from him, but maybe he is working with kelly, who knows. all i know is that there is a reasonable chance they stay, because of kelly.

Jacobs would have to sell the Bruins first...I would guess that Kelly has Golisano and Trump in his "group"..and perhaps Jacobs.

His heart is clearly in the right place.

When he was building that house in Virginia, or where ever it was, many weren't saying this then. Yet, it is nice to see how he's connected with Buffalo and has remained there. Especially nice since he's Buffalo's all-time best QB, and from the looks of things, he will remain such for quite some time to come.

I guess I'm a bit envious of GB these days. Having had Bart Starr, then Favre, and now Rodgers....

Here's to hoping that when Ralph or his estate does sell the team, that Kelly is able to be a part of it.

Kelly's heart is in the right place, it's his brain I worry about. He failed in his restuarant and his race car business isn't doing so hot. Bring in a real manager/owner than knows how to make money.

I hate to say it, but I agree. Fortunately I think his involvement in any ownership group will be mostly as a front man...the public face as it were. He doesn't have the money to be a vital player in the group.

I hate to say it, but I agree. Fortunately I think his involvement in any ownership group will be mostly as a front man...the public face as it were. He doesn't have the money to be a vital player in the group.

Makes you wonder who would be dumb enough to use him to front anything. Jim isn't a rocket scientist, nor is he a great money manager. He has a marketable name, but that still didn't save his restaurant. Bad management is difficult to overcome. Anyone that hires him is circumspect in my mind (little head working too).

Makes you wonder who would be dumb enough to use him to front anything. Jim isn't a rocket scientist, nor is he a great money manager. He has a marketable name, but that still didn't save his restaurant. Bad management is difficult to overcome. Anyone that hires him is circumspect in my mind (little head working too).

He is buddy-buddy with Ralph and a fan favorite. His restaurant and other ventures didn't fail because of his name. They failed because of mismanagement. Based on my observations, few seem to even know and/or care about his past business failures.

If his high-profile involvement helps get the team into the hands of owners who keep the team in Buffalo, then I'd say he is the perfect public face...at least in the beginning. I'd be concerned if he was in charge of anything team-related, however.

I can respect Kelly for being outspoken about the Bills staying in Buffalo. Two concerns...

#1 Does he really have the partners lined up to buy the Bills? His ownership stake would clearly be a very small one unless he has had wild success building his wealth in his post football years.

#2 After watching what Larry Quinn has done with the Sabres organization, if Kelly does have a group that could buy the Bills, I'd be concerned that he ends up with a very nice position within the new regime. The part that scares me is Kelly has NO experience in running a football organization or building a team, but comes across as someone who would immediately make himself part of the football decision making group.