Gailey on the hot seat?

Amstel

I know there are many on the board that like Chan Gailey and many that don't. Florio on PFT does a weekly segment on the top five coaches on the hot seat. I usually check it out and would never expect Chan on the list. However, he listed Chan at number 5 today. Its strictly his opinion and not based on any facts or sources. He said he did not expect Chan to be on his list but since the Bills have been simply awful and show no signs of life he could be "one and done." Based on Ralph's statements I'd say theres no chance Chan gets fired but I thought I'd post this anyway....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on Ralph's statements I'd say theres no chance Chan gets fired but I thought I'd post this anyway....

Based on any intelligence at all, he shouldn't be on the list. You don't fire a coach after one season, no matter what he does (unless he doesn't study the playbook... ;) ).

There is flat out no WAY he gets fired after this year. Even if he goes win-less his job is secure for now. People have to remember that this isn't even close to being his team. Look at who we drafted this past year. So far that is Chan's team (the ones who made it) and everybody else on this roster are players he inherited. He has to have a chance to build his team and THEN fail before he gets fired. Some of these media people are comical. :wallbash:

Guest dog14787

The Buffalo Bills for better or worse need to ride out the storm which means giving this new regime 3 years to turn it around.

Edited by dog14787

There have been plenty of one and done coaches, but in most cases, the owners felt that the team had more talent than the record reflected, and the coach got the ax.

Not the case in Buffalo, where Wilson admits the team is short on talent.

Gailey, at minimum, gets next year.

So far I am very unimpressed with what Nix and Gailey have (not) done so far.

That being said, there is no reason to believe there is any chance of either one being fired just for the sake of firing them.

If Ralph has someone "better" lined up that will accept either job then fine. But what's the point of firing one or both of the good ole boys if you will end up with someone worse than they are.

I highly doubt it. I think Chan is a good coach, but he has no talent to work with. Imagine if the Cowboys didn't give Jimmy Johnson a second chance. He went 1-15 his first season. Well it actually might of been good for the Bills, LOL. I don't always think it's coaches, its the players. Gotta have good players that make plays. Unfortunately half of our roster belongs in the unemployment line.

The only way Chan Gailey is not the head coach of the Buffalo Bills the next two years is if Bill Cowher comes up to Ralph Wilson and begs him for the job (which wouldn't even happen in a parallel universe.) Or Chan gets sick and or dies.

Other than that he is our guy for the next few years. I think he will do fine, we all need to step back and let the man do his job. The real evaluation will begin next season.

So far I am very unimpressed with what Nix and Gailey have (not) done so far.

I love these comments. It's like starting a new job, but being unhappy with your boss because they don't like rock music.

It is UTTERLY RIDICULOUS to be unimpressed with anything that Gailey and/or Nix have done with this team so far. If the team turns around in November and wins more games than we expect, would you still be unimpressed? No, you'd probably be angry that they dropped 3 slots in the draft order.

:wallbash:

I know there are many on the board that like Chan Gailey and many that don't. Florio on PFT does a weekly segment on the top five coaches on the hot seat. I usually check it out and would never expect Chan on the list. However, he listed Chan at number 5 today. Its strictly his opinion and not based on any facts or sources. He said he did not expect Chan to be on his list but since the Bills have been simply awful and show no signs of life he could be "one and done." Based on Ralph's statements I'd say theres no chance Chan gets fired but I thought I'd post this anyway....

Ralph acknowledges the team is undergoing a long painful rebuild. Given that, I cannot imagine Chan being on any hot seat unless he doesn't get along with the accountant.

if chan went 0-16 (a remote possibility) this season there would be 0% chance he gets canned

if chan went 2-14 in his second season there would be 10% chance he gets canned

if chan went 6-10 in his third season there would be a 20% chance he gets canned

of course there are other factors besides record. wade got fired cuz he wouldnt fire ronnie jones (was that his name?), the HORRIBLE st coach that deserved to be fired. still dont know why wade refused but he did and it got him canned

the dick got fired cuz he was an ABYSMAL game day coach, and had no idea how to find somebody to make the offense not suck ass. he seemed to always make the exact wrong call on go-for-it situations, and lost games because of it. he also let a nappy headed retard with the iq of a turnip return a kick while waving the ball around, and then afterward let the guy off the hook by saying he was fine with him trying to make a play! really?!? ok, youre fired

hank bullough got fired cuz, well he was a total idiot and his teams sucked, so bad example

but you get the point. chan is here for the duration, a minimum of three seasons unless something really dramatic happens. so if you dont like chan, deal wid it

Ralph acknowledges the team is undergoing a long painful rebuild. Given that, I cannot imagine Chan being on any hot seat unless he doesn't get along with the accountant.

:thumbsup: Wilson knows the score. He's old, but I don't think he's suffering from dimentia. Chan and Nix will be given time to right the ship.