So, homers...

It's admirable that the Jets know what they do well, and they do it without second-guessing themselves. They pride themselves on being an attacking defense, and they send the mega-blitz with abandon. I like that they have defined their defensive identity and don't waver.

However, in the two games I've really watched (vs. Balt and vs. Min) they have called the house blitz in scenarios that seemed extremely unwarranted, leaving their CB's in 1-v-1 coverage in difficult situations. Against Baltimore in the opener, Mason was tearing up Cromartie and Ryan continued to leave him exposed by blitzing safeties. There were countless pass interference penalties and easy catches. The Jets rookie CB had a rough game also, and was exposed when left 1-v-1.

Last night, the Vikings had nothing going, had a 3rd & long, and Ryan sent everybody. The blitz didn't get to Favre, and he lobbed a TD pass to Moss (even though the 1-v-1 coverage was excellent) to help jumpstart the Vikings offense.

Against good teams with capable protection schemes and intelligent QB, this moxy could burn them. However, like I said, I don't fault them for it. They do what they do and won't change, and to me, that's admirable. I think they would be better served in certain situations to leave some additional protection over the top of a dynamic receiver, but obviously, Rex Ryan knows a lot more about football when I do.

I think most fans would prefer their team to lose attacking rather than in the prevent.

I just want the Jets to lose, I don't care how they do it.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a lot of talk about how Rex Ryan and the Jets were over-rated in the offseason. And yet, here they are, 4-1 and on top of the division. Also, they're probably playing some of the best defense in the NFL and yes, Mark Sanchez is looking as good as if not better than last year. So, how is it again that they're over-rated? It's just the Bills' luck that now there are THREE teams that have made radical improvement that need to be passed. Get used to the basement, folks. We'll be here for another ten years, methinks.

Not saying you're wrong or anything joe but we need this reminder?

Did you kick your dog today as well? ;)

Don't forget that the Jets were a laughing stock just four years ago. Then they used two first round picks on LT Ferguson and C Mangold, establishing the core of one of the best O-lines in the NFL.

Then the next year, drafted the best CB in the draft.

Then the next year, drafted a big, athletic tight end.

Then hired a dynamic head coach with a definitive philsophy and a track record of successful results.

Then traded up to get their franchise QB at #5 overall.

Then added some free agents at key defensive spots.

Then traded for two Pro Bowl-type WRs.

This did not happen in one season. It's been a work in progress. But it's proof that it can work, and is not impossible for any other team to build in the same way. Other than attracting the Bart Scott-type free agents, which Buffalo has trouble doing, the Bills could've done everything that the Jets did.

I really like their defense and obviously their running game but if they get behind they are in trouble. Mark Sanchez passing under pressure like in the second half last night is not a good thing for them. He is an average QB who benefits from tremendous D and running game but good for him.

They are as in good shape as anyone to make it to the Super Bowl.

People probably think they are overrated just based on the fact that they are vulnerable and not like a Pats '07 great team. You could see probably 8 teams beating them but at the top there is no dominant team.

Wait until the weather changes though and Sanchez will have some trouble.

Wait for a weather change, you say? On my TV, it was difficult at times to see the images clearly due to the torrential downpouring of rain.

Anyway, nice to see Revis spent his holdout doing absolutely nothing physically. They should should negotiate some sort of incentive into any holdout's new contract in the first year. There is no reason for these guys to stay in shape while sitting out and Revis is a prime example. He's been useless so far this season with his sore "hammy"--an injury of poor conditioning.

I slam the Bills daily because of the terrible product that they have put on the field for the last decade, and the woefully inept mismanagement of a once-proud franchise conducted by our "front office".

I am not blindly optimistic, and I predicted that the Bills would be the worst team in the NFL this year. I think Ryan Fitzpatrick is a below average NFL quarterback who will never lead a team to the playoffs.

But yet here I am, sticking with them through the bad times. You don't need to be blind to be a fan. I watch their games (three cheers for the Internet saving us from blackouts), and hope for the best. But still, I expect the worst because if you watch enough football, you can recognize futility when you see it.

If we are wise enough to correctly draft a franchise quarterback, I will be as happy as anyone when we return to NFL prominence. I'll tell stories about how bad it was to be a Bills fan during the "dark ages".

But I guess I'm just a "dooshrat".

The real issue is you come on here and act like you are the only person who can see the team is bad. Just because I don't come on this board and thrash the "Front Office" over every decision (like they are listening to you or care what you think anyway) If you think you can do a better job then go throw you resume in Ralph's mailbox and spare us your captain obvious assessments. To suggest that someone is a "homer" just because they think a team is overrated is dumb. I thought the Bengals were overrated coming in to this season and so far it appears that I was right. Does that make me a homer? or do I HAVE to be wrong and does it HAVE to be an opinion about a rival franchise to constitute as homerism?

(three cheers for inventing words and creatures) :blush:

I tried to objectively say the Jets were going to be good-to-very-good this year but just got handed a load of **** for even suggesting it. But as Napolian and his ugly mug said, "haters gonna hate." As much as I hate the term 'hater' more than just about anything, that pretty much sums it up. You weren't going to make many friends with this thread, but as with everything else on this forum there's no accountability regarding the Jets, Aaron Maybin, Chris Ellis, our record, our defense, etc. etc.

I think the curse happened before that. Do you guys remember back when O'Brian was the QB and they were like 10-1 (I think 1985) and then a sports announcer said they wouldn't win another game (McGuire?). And they didn't. I think that's when the real choking started...

Totally forgot about that!

It was 1986 and the Jets were 10-1. It was Paul Maguire that said the Jets wouldn't win another game that season. I remember the entire NBC studio gasped at such a notion. The Jets finished 10-6 and barely made it into the playoffs.

I tried to objectively say the Jets were going to be good-to-very-good this year but just got handed a load of **** for even suggesting it. But as Napolian and his ugly mug said, "haters gonna hate." As much as I hate the term 'hater' more than just about anything, that pretty much sums it up. You weren't going to make many friends with this thread, but as with everything else on this forum there's no accountability regarding the Jets, Aaron Maybin, Chris Ellis, our record, our defense, etc. etc.

Ther'es another one of you! Beerball is not going to be happy about this!

Edited by CountDorkula

I read a lot of talk about how Rex Ryan and the Jets were over-rated in the offseason. And yet, here they are, 4-1 and on top of the division. Also, they're probably playing some of the best defense in the NFL and yes, Mark Sanchez is looking as good as if not better than last year. So, how is it again that they're over-rated? It's just the Bills' luck that now there are THREE teams that have made radical improvement that need to be passed. Get used to the basement, folks. We'll be here for another ten years, methinks.

Emphasis on "a lot". There must have been ten threads during the offseason about the Jets being overrated and/or not a good team.

And don't forget how the Jets totally screwed themselves by signing a bunch of over-the-hill/malcontent guys like Tomlinson, Taylor and Cromartie. Man, those guys have suuuuuucked!!!

actually the two games I saw b4 these last two games (yes I have seen 4 jets games because they are a big market team and hence the 4 games a week you can see in Thailand on tv are always big market teams, esply the jets so far) Cromartie got owned. :thumbsup:

I slam the Bills daily because of the terrible product that they have put on the field for the last decade, and the woefully inept mismanagement of a once-proud franchise conducted by our "front office".

I am not blindly optimistic, and I predicted that the Bills would be the worst team in the NFL this year. I think Ryan Fitzpatrick is a below average NFL quarterback who will never lead a team to the playoffs.

But yet here I am, sticking with them through the bad times. You don't need to be blind to be a fan. I watch their games (three cheers for the Internet saving us from blackouts), and hope for the best. But still, I expect the worst because if you watch enough football, you can recognize futility when you see it.

If we are wise enough to correctly draft a franchise quarterback, I will be as happy as anyone when we return to NFL prominence. I'll tell stories about how bad it was to be a Bills fan during the "dark ages".

But I guess I'm just a "dooshrat".

+1

Although I spared myself from this most recent loss to spend time with the wife.I think I will dvr the rest of the games and wait for a win. losses are bad for the ticker.Another dooshrat for peace.