Witner Haters

I don't hate Whitner.

I only think our plight of poor drafting would have been slightly eased had we selected DT Haloti Ngata instead of Whitner.

In terms of production and value to their teams, there is no contest.

I agree with you bigtime on this. But that is done. Whitner on a good team D like the Steelers or someboby with a pass rush would shine,no doubt about it. But all he does here is make tackles that our LBs can`t. He would have more picks and bone crunching hits in the secondary.Our front six out of seven suck.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the only guy on the team that really hits somebody. 25 yrs old and has alot of life left in him. Our Linebackers are the worst in the NFL. Don`t shed blocks and don`t lay down the smack.Whitner with any pass rush would be a star.He will definately lay you out. Poz ,Davis and the other rejects at LB SUX. Yeah keep pickin on Whitner. Kelsay and Stroud are slow and weak by NFL standards.

No one, NO ONE, on this defense - players or coaches, should get any credit or be safe in any way at this point in time. Whitner's no better than the rest. No one on the defense is playing, and they aren't being coached into the right position either.

Trying to pick out one player and give him credit is like going to the landfill and pointing out the garbage that smells the least.

Funny how the golden boy, jairus Byrd, has looked terrible this season, but everyone seems to blame every completion on Whitner. Whitner was at fault for a few catches today. He got burned on 4 or 5 plays to the TE, but he was wearing jersey #37 on a few of those plays and #31 on the others.

Hate has no room for objectivity.

Funny how the golden boy, jairus Byrd, has looked terrible this season, but everyone seems to blame every completion on Whitner. Whitner was at fault for a few catches today. He got burned on 4 or 5 plays to the TE, but he was wearing jersey #37 on a few of those plays and #31 on the others.

Hmnn you saw that also. Some posters on here should really watch every game. Watch and learn.

The amount of **** that Whitner gets should be immediately moved to Paul Pozoutofposition.

The guy gets beaten like mercilessly every weekend and yet he sells shirts like he's the only player on the team. Can someone please explain to me why this guy is treated like a white Patrick Willis yet he never seems to make a play that isn't 6 yards downfield.

It's his last name. It works well in Buffalo.

If he could hit like Whitner like he is supposed to, RB's and tight ends would not abuse him on the regular.

He should be benched on 3rd down plays.

Every game he gives up a touchdown.

I will agree with you there, but Whitner is a good player ,put him in Pittsburgh or somebody else decent and watch him shine.

Whitner is one of the top players on the D and the last place anyone needs to be looking to fix the D. There are at least 6 much bigger problems on the D, 10 if you read the stat sheet. However my friend Pit is one place Whitner does not Crack the starting line up, not at SS anyway.

This is the only guy on the team that really hits somebody. 25 yrs old and has alot of life left in him. Our Linebackers are the worst in the NFL. Don`t shed blocks and don`t lay down the smack.Whitner with any pass rush would be a star.He will definately lay you out. Poz ,Davis and the other rejects at LB SUX. Yeah keep pickin on Whitner. Kelsay and Stroud are slow and weak by NFL standards.

Lil Donte can lay the wood after the defender is already on the ground, hoewever, today he did make a nice hit after the receiver made a 15 yard catch and converted a long 3rd down. Lil Donte is what is wrong with this team, a wasted top 10 pick. Ask yourself one one question, if you're another GM, what would give Buffalo for him?

The back 7 on this defense are not impactful hitters. Whitner is a slightly below average hitter for a SS. That is better than guys like Kelsay or Byrd or McKelvin who are all woefully below average at bringing the lumber for their respective positions.

Whitner did have a good hit today, but it was after a 15 yard gain on second down. He was pretty psyched about it. I thought giving up fifteen on second and 18 was kind of a glass half empty situation, but that's me.

He's too small to be a force at the LOS and he does not have good range in coverage. Most of his tackles involve him getting dragged. His size(short/short arms) really prevents him from getting in and breaking up passes despite decent speed for a SS.

Overall, he's a middle of the road strong safety, the kind of player you can pick up for a couple mill per season in FA and plug a hole at a position of lesser importance(which SS is). Yeah, relatively speaking he is a bust.

The back 7 on this defense are not impactful hitters. Whitner is a slightly below average hitter for a SS. That is better than guys like Kelsay or Byrd or McKelvin who are all woefully below average at bringing the lumber for their respective positions.

Whitner did have a good hit today, but it was after a 15 yard gain on second down. He was pretty psyched about it. I thought giving up fifteen on second and 18 was kind of a glass half empty situation, but that's me.

He's too small to be a force at the LOS and he does not have good range in coverage. Most of his tackles involve him getting dragged. His size(short/short arms) really prevents him from getting in and breaking up passes despite decent speed for a SS.

Overall, he's a middle of the road strong safety, the kind of player you can pick up for a couple mill per season in FA and plug a hole at a position of lesser importance(which SS is). Yeah, relatively speaking he is a bust.

Not buying it, sorry.

Being critical of an average player being picked too high does not translate to hate. What is true here is that the Bills have no real threat at TE, can't defend against TE's this year, and the TE that scored 2 TD's against them today was drafted 20 picks after Whitner. Truth hurts more than "hate"

Doesn't pay to be a good player on this team- just ask Ruben Brown.......an him off. If the Bills want to win, they should ignore the fan base- maybe even alienate them

Alienate the fan base? Yeah, maybe they should draft a scat-back RB with a top ten pick, to replace their other 1st round and MVP RBs. Maybe they should trade a bunch of picks to get back into the first round to draft an undersized DT that nobody has ever heard of. Or maybe, when they decide they need a LT, they should spend a top five pick on a fat, lazy RT, instead of picking the universally-recognized stud LT. Or maybe they should draft a RB in the first round with a wrecked knee. How about trading their pro-bowl LT, and replacing him with an out-of-shape RT and a 7th round project? And maybe they should extend the contract of a mediocre DE who is playing out of position at OLB.

And finally, maybe they should use a top 10 pick to reach for a safety, one with nowhere near the talent of an Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu.

I agree, the problem with the Bills front office the last 10 years is that they haven't had the cajones to alienate the fan base. :doh:

Being critical of an average player being picked too high does not translate to hate. What is true here is that the Bills have no real threat at TE, can't defend against TE's this year, and the TE that scored 2 TD's against them today was drafted 20 picks after Whitner. Truth hurts more than "hate"

Yeah and one was against the great Byrd man.

Alienate the fan base? Yeah, maybe they should draft a scat-back RB with a top ten pick, to replace their other 1st round and MVP RBs. Maybe they should trade a bunch of picks to get back into the first round to draft an undersized DT that nobody has ever heard of. Or maybe, when they decide they need a LT, they should spend a top five pick on a fat, lazy RT, instead of picking the universally-recognized stud LT. Or maybe they should draft a RB in the first round with a wrecked knee. How about trading their pro-bowl LT, and replacing him with an out-of-shape RT and a 7th round project? And maybe they should extend the contract of a mediocre DE who is playing out of position at OLB.

And finally, maybe they should use a top 10 pick to reach for a safety, one with nowhere near the talent of an Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu.

I agree, the problem with the Bills front office the last 10 years is that they haven't had the cajones to alienate the fan base. :doh:

Yeah- Lynch is an MVP alright. Don't disagree or he may pull a gun on you! Bwa ha ha ha. Glad that bum is gone. Now that we have Spiller, Jackson can eventually be his backup.

Yeah, Nix drafted Maybin, Williams and Flowers.

Maybe if they banned the tailgating and booze at games, it wouldn't be such a bad experience being out there....

Yeah- Lynch is an MVP alright. Don't disagree or he may pull a gun on you! Bwa ha ha ha. Glad that bum is gone. Now that we have Spiller, Jackson can eventually be his backup.

Yeah, Nix drafted Maybin, Williams and Flowers.

Maybe if they banned the tailgating and booze at games, it wouldn't be such a bad experience being out there....

Lynch was the 1st rounder, Jackson was the MVP from last year (remember the whole 2,000 total yards thing?). And it's debatable if Spiller will ever be an every down back. I don't think that Gailey intends Spiller to be an every-down back.

And I would argue that spending a top 10 pick on a 3rd down back is as questionable as spending a top ten pick on a safety with no game-changing ability. Reed and Polamalu have that ability, Whitner doesn't.

And Nix did not draft Maybin, Williams or Flowers, but his draft stategy of ignoring obvious needs with his high-round picks seems to fall in line with the whole Donahoe, Levy/Jauron strategy of drafting.

As for the bad experience at games, how about winning? That would improve the overall experience at the Ralph.