Luck

dgrid

kid can throw, run & tackle.

Like a lot of fans here I would like to pick up a quality qb in the next draft. So far i'm leaning towards Luck. I read somewhere that he is dedicated to getting his degree before moving on to the next stage in his life. That doesn't mean he won't change his mind and that he will come out early. But what if he doesn't come out? Should our FO go for a Mallet? If Nix and Whaley think a Mallet or other qb is a franchise qb then fine, they will probably go for said qb. If they don't see a franchise qb then imo it's ok that they fill other holes.

If Luck really is our guy and he doesn't come out, then fine, we wait another year and trade up for him when he does come out. I don't want our FO to rush and pick a qb just for the sake of getting a new gunslinger. We rushed with JP when we could have waited a year to get Rodgers. Maybe i'm more patient then some here, but to get the Right qb, I'm willing to wait.

If Luck isn't the Right qb for us then that's fine too. Just as long as we find the correct one. When you rush with decisions mistakes can happen. When we pull the trigger for Our Right qb, then all our homework better have been done and it should be worth the wait.

My only feear with Luck is how good of a coach he has behind him. harbaugh is on a whole nother level when it comes to his play design and getting his players to execute. His coaching def makes Luck look better than he is. That being said I still love Luck as our QB. The question for me is, How much of what he is is bc of Luck and not Harbaugh. Its a question we wont know until he is drafted.

PS that walter football guy cant knwo much about anything if he has Locker ranked as his 2nd QB. What a joke.

My only feear with Luck is how good of a coach he has behind him. harbaugh is on a whole nother level when it comes to his play design and getting his players to execute. His coaching def makes Luck look better than he is. That being said I still love Luck as our QB. The question for me is, How much of what he is is bc of Luck and not Harbaugh. Its a question we wont know until he is drafted.

PS that walter football guy cant knwo much about anything if he has Locker ranked as his 2nd QB. What a joke.

throughout this whole USC game he's been makin nice plays that aren't coached. responding to pressure very well, finding open receivers consistently, and then that tackle! you dont coach your QB to tackle like that.

Of course, maybe USC def is that bad, but he's playin pretty dam well!

throughout this whole USC game he's been makin nice plays that aren't coached. responding to pressure very well, finding open receivers consistently, and then that tackle! you dont coach your QB to tackle like that.

Well, he has a chance to make a big impression here. Down 1 with just over a minute to go. Let's see what he can do!

Like a lot of fans here I would like to pick up a quality qb in the next draft. So far i'm leaning towards Luck. I read somewhere that he is dedicated to getting his degree before moving on to the next stage in his life. That doesn't mean he won't change his mind and that he will come out early. But what if he doesn't come out? Should our FO go for a Mallet? If Nix and Whaley think a Mallet or other qb is a franchise qb then fine, they will probably go for said qb. If they don't see a franchise qb then imo it's ok that they fill other holes.

If Luck really is our guy and he doesn't come out, then fine, we wait another year and trade up for him when he does come out. I don't want our FO to rush and pick a qb just for the sake of getting a new gunslinger. We rushed with JP when we could have waited a year to get Rodgers. Maybe i'm more patient then some here, but to get the Right qb, I'm willing to wait.

If Luck isn't the Right qb for us then that's fine too. Just as long as we find the correct one. When you rush with decisions mistakes can happen. When we pull the trigger for Our Right qb, then all our homework better have been done and it should be worth the wait.

Totally agree and Luck is the right one. Every time I see him I am impressed, if he doesn't come out we need to use some mafia tactics to "persuade" him to come out :flirt:

Well, he just led a game winning FG drive with under a minute on the clock. Played a really nice game!

I am sold on him as a QB.......

Unfortunately, I am not sold he is coming out in the Draft. Everything I hear has him staying in school, but we can hope!!!

Totally agree and Luck is the right one. Every time I see him I am impressed, if he doesn't come out we need to use some mafia tactics to "persuade" him to come out :flirt:

I like it! An offer he can't refuse!!

Git er done Buddy!

Well, he has a chance to make a big impression here. Down 1 with just over a minute to go. Let's see what he can do!

Dont get me wrong guys if he declares he is #s 1-100 on my big board. Im refering to the run game which keeps them in games and play action which routinely gets him wide open recievers downfield. He is always making plays which are purely him, its a system that makes it easy to succeed is what I am mean.

I thought some of you were watching the USC game. Didn't you hear the announcers talking that Luck would stay in school if he was faced with playing in Buffalo. 100 per cent certain that he will stay in school if the Bills have the first pick. He's at Stanford. Edwards went to Stanford. His Dad played in the NFL. They are all smart people. There is no way he will allow himself to end up in Buffalo and go through what all of the other "never will be Kellys" have gone through. Keep dreaming, though, that is all Bills fans have!

I thought some of you were watching the USC game. Didn't you hear the announcers talking that Luck would stay in school if he was faced with playing in Buffalo. 100 per cent certain that he will stay in school if the Bills have the first pick. He's at Stanford. Edwards went to Stanford. His Dad played in the NFL. They are all smart people. There is no way he will allow himself to end up in Buffalo and go through what all of the other "never will be Kellys" have gone through. Keep dreaming, though, that is all Bills fans have!

I cringed when they said that. but i think they meant that would be a FACTOR in his decision, not the sole reason he'd stay in school. from what I understand, he wants his degree. Just their opinions and crappy commentary.

I also think those announcers are dolphin fans. :thumbdown:

If the kid doesn't want to come out because it's Buffalo, what's he going to do wait another year so it's Detroit or some other loser team? It's the blessing and curse of being the number guy in the draft. You're going to a bad team. Just ask Carr or Harrington or and the list goes on ...

JP could hit like that too. Anyone remember the last game of the 2006 season when JP threw a pick and then tattooed the guy running it back. It was awesome. I wasn't sold on him really as a QB at that point, but I was on his heart. Too bad it didn't work out for him football wise.