What if Fitz gets hurt?

I'm concerned.

It's week 5 and already the season looks extremely bleak. That's with a QB who's certainly not a star, but has proven to be serviceable in the NFL. Should Fitz go down this week, and it's entirely within the realm of possibility considering both his past and his protection, we could be in seriously dire straits.

Brian Brohm, Levi Brown

I know there are a lot of posters in this forum calling for Brohm to get some serious looks sooner rather than later. I don't disagree. But I also think that, from the glimpses we have seen of Brohm's play, he's a serious downgrade from Fitzpatrick.

So, what if?

If we're forced to place this team in the hands of Brohm or ...gulp... Brown, what's to stop the opposition from putting 8-9 in the box on every single play? Instead of betting on the game, people would be compelled to bet on the over/under of Buffalo's score, and I can't imagine it would be a double digit number. I'm scared. I will watch whatever the Bills run out onto the field (won't spend much money if it's crap), but I'll watch. I'm worried that a Brian Brohm led team could grow so inept that I couldn't justify spending the time watching.

Worst ever?

In the line of QB's post-Kelly, I'd say with each successive successor, we're going downhill. Johnson, Flutie, Bledsoe were all dynamic winners at times - if nothing else, they were certainly average. AVP was a stop-gap, JP could at the very least keep my attention with the occasional beautifully thrown deep ball. Trent - Fitz - Brohm, could be a step down each time.

I'm nervous guys. Let's hope Fitzy stays healthy. For our sake.

Go Bills!

Worry = prepaid interest for the debt of fear. Why worry yourself over something you cant controll. :unsure:

I'm concerned.

It's week 5 and already the season looks extremely bleak. That's with a QB who's certainly not a star, but has proven to be serviceable in the NFL. Should Fitz go down this week, and it's entirely within the realm of possibility considering both his past and his protection, we could be in seriously dire straits.

Brian Brohm, Levi Brown

I know there are a lot of posters in this forum calling for Brohm to get some serious looks sooner rather than later. I don't disagree. But I also think that, from the glimpses we have seen of Brohm's play, he's a serious downgrade from Fitzpatrick.

So, what if?

If we're forced to place this team in the hands of Brohm or ...gulp... Brown, what's to stop the opposition from putting 8-9 in the box on every single play? Instead of betting on the game, people would be compelled to bet on the over/under of Buffalo's score, and I can't imagine it would be a double digit number. I'm scared. I will watch whatever the Bills run out onto the field (won't spend much money if it's crap), but I'll watch. I'm worried that a Brian Brohm led team could grow so inept that I couldn't justify spending the time watching.

Worst ever?

In the line of QB's post-Kelly, I'd say with each successive successor, we're going downhill. Johnson, Flutie, Bledsoe were all dynamic winners at times - if nothing else, they were certainly average. AVP was a stop-gap, JP could at the very least keep my attention with the occasional beautifully thrown deep ball. Trent - Fitz - Brohm, could be a step down each time.

I'm nervous guys. Let's hope Fitzy stays healthy. For our sake.

Go Bills!

If Fitzy gets hurt then that's life. We just make the best of the situation. Brohm will get more reps then. We're not going to the SB this year. If someone gets hurt then it just means their backup will get more experience. Can't fret too much about that.

• 3 weeks later...

Then Brohm will play and suck and his fanboys will finally have to STFU.

There's always a silver lining.

OR, he'll play great and we'll (us Brohm fanboys as u put it) talk about him even more. I am now personally hoping for that just to piss you off.

Nothing like rooting for the people on your team to do well. :wallbash:

OR, he'll play great and we'll (us Brohm fanboys as u put it) talk about him even more. I am now personally hoping for that just to piss you off.

Nothing like rooting for the people on your team to do well. :wallbash:

I root for the team to do well, not one individual player. And the best way for the team to do well is to continue to start the best QB. And that is Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Count me as NOT looking forward to seeing Brian Brohm. He looks like he could engineer about 2-3 field goals per game. I'm not saying he doesn't have potential...but i dont want to see him this season. I'd prefer Fitz for every snap...whose proven he can read a defense, audible to the correct play, and throw multiple TDs in a game.

Count me as NOT looking forward to seeing Brian Brohm. He looks like he could engineer about 2-3 field goals per game. I'm not saying he doesn't have potential...but i dont want to see him this season. I'd prefer Fitz for every snap...whose proven he can read a defense, audible to the correct play, and throw multiple TDs in a game.

Exactly. Call me selfish, but this run and gun brand of Fitz-ball is a lot more exciting than what we've seen the last few years. If we're going to lose, at least let us have something to cheer for along the way!