Sirius Radio

stevestojan

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink:

BTW, haven't heard for a while...how are you liking your new truck?

152305[/snapback]

Like it. Good on gas, and without it, moving would have been a B word. I don't like having a payment now, but not having a 96 taurus is worth it :devil:

Oh, and I hate DC Tom.

Guest seriously
Up to $9.07 ... two days ago I raised my stop sell to $5.00... looks like it's going up to $8.00 :blink:

150735[/snapback]

How is Sirius doing today?

Number of people at DC Tom's wake = 0.

Local newspaper headline...Hearse Egged, Obscenities Shouted.

Headline 3 Weeks later:  Tombstone of Local Egomaniac Known As DC Tom Desecrated -  Strong Odor of Urine Pervades Gravesite. Authorities mention "Justice Served".

152245[/snapback]

Wake? Never have one...they'll never find the body.

And it wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the likes of "It's going to the moon, but I don't know why!" people like MadBuffaloDiseased.

Wake?  Never have one...they'll never find the body.

And it wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the likes of "It's going to the moon, but I don't know why!" people like MadBuffaloDiseased.

Based on what you wrote above DiCkTom, you must laugh at yourself a lot. I'll take your dollar bet BTW, not that a smarmy frick like you would EVER admit defeat. <_<

Based on what you wrote above DiCkTom, you must laugh at yourself a lot.  I'll take your dollar bet BTW, not that a smarmy frick like you would EVER admit defeat. :blush:

152581[/snapback]

DiCkTom? How creative. Why, it's been almost three days since anyone called me that. And such a unique variation on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" defense, too. I'm stunned and laid low in the presence of your rapier wit, sir. <_<

What, are you in third grade or something?

DiCkTom?  How creative.  Why, it's been almost three days since anyone called me that.  And such a unique variation on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" defense, too.  I'm stunned and laid low in the presence of your rapier wit, sir.  <_<

What, are you in third grade or something?

I wish it could be as original, or mature, as resorting to calling someone "stupid," or adding a "d" to the end of his screen name. :w00t:

Oh and for the record, I've given you at least TEN reasons why the stock should "go to the moon," again over the long-term. Given your self-professed genius, I can only assume you missed them, since you couldn't be so stupid as to have read them and forgotten them. Unless of course they got lost in the sea of "it's all about the balance sheet, stupid!" sloshing around in your head.

If at work I had access to the market continuously I'd probably do a little more day-trading and might have even taken advantage of today's events; but alas, I don't. So I'm content with my "stupid" $9K profit, even after today's events. However what I find interesting is that, despite that analyst's downgrade in the stock from "hold" to "sell," which led to today's drop, he also increased the target price of the stock from $5.8 to $7. That's an increase in valuation of $1.54B! The funny thing is, the balance sheet looks EXACTLY THE SAME TODAY AS IT DID YESTERDAY. What gives? Is he "stupid?":blush:

I wish it could be as original, or mature, as resorting to calling someone "stupid," or adding a "d" to the end of his screen name. :blush:

Oh and for the record, I've given you at least TEN reasons why the stock should "go to the moon," again over the long-term.  Given your self-professed genius, I can only assume you missed them, since you couldn't be so stupid as to have read them and forgotten them.  Unless of course they got lost in the sea of "it's all about the balance sheet, stupid!" sloshing around in your head.

If at work I had access to the market continuously I'd probably do a little more day-trading and might have even taken advantage of today's events; but alas, I don't.  So I'm content with my "stupid" $9K profit, even after today's events.  However what I find interesting is that, despite that analyst's downgrade in the stock from "hold" to "sell," which led to today's drop, he also increased the target price of the stock from $5.8 to $7.  That's an increase in valuation of $1.54B!  The funny thing is, the balance sheet looks EXACTLY THE SAME TODAY AS IT DID YESTERDAY.  What gives?  Is he "stupid?"<_<

152786[/snapback]

Why isn't the target price $25?

Why isn't the target price $25?

Funny, and I see you still can't store the notion of "long-term" in your brain. But since you brought it up, some analysts see satellite radio having 40-50 million subscribers, in about a decade's time. I'm sure the target price will hit $25 well before then. But the main point I was trying to bring up, i.e. how Sirius suddenly became worth $1.5B more, despite the exact same balance sheet, still stands.

Funny, and I see you still can't store the notion of "long-term" in your brain.  But since you brought it up, some analysts see satellite radio having 40-50 million subscribers, in about a decade's time.  I'm sure the target price will hit $25 well before then.  But the main point I was trying to bring up, i.e. how Sirius suddenly became worth $1.5B more, despite the exact same balance sheet, still stands.

152865[/snapback]

Became "worth" a billion and a half more...yet the same genius that came up with that recommends selling?????

And that somehow makes sense to you? :w00t:<_<:blush:

I take it the people who want to pump money into SIRI are not familiar with the tech bubble or "irrational exuberance". I got burned bad, real bad. I still make tons of investments but now invest more prudently and diversely. Here is an example of "irrational exuberance" in action. Foxboro stadium became CMGI stadium for awhile. Check out this chart-

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/intchart/...s.asp?symb=cmgi

History repeats itself-live and learn.

By the time an average investor realizes a stock is moving its too late usually. Dont ever buy an individual stock that doesnt have solid financials or a nice chart. Most of you cannot read a chart so ignore the later. If you do understand technical analysis make sure you have a stop and that you cut your losses at 8% no matter how bad that hurts your ego.

Became "worth" a billion and a half more...yet the same genius that came up with that recommends selling?????

And that somehow makes sense to you?  :w00t:  <_<  :blush:

What makes sense is that he recommends selling at a price above $7, which becomes his new target price. What I don't understand is HOW he got that price and why it increased from $5.8, effectively increasing the worth of the company by $1.5B without a change in your all-important balance sheet? I mean to you, the company is worth nothing. To him it was worth $5.8 a share, and now it's worth $7 a share.

What makes sense is that he recommends selling at a price above $7, which becomes his new target price.  What I don't understand is HOW he got that price and why it increased from $5.8, effectively increasing the worth of the company by $1.5B without a change in your all-important balance sheet?  I mean to you, the company is worth nothing.  To him it was worth $5.8 a share, and now it's worth $7 a share.

152903[/snapback]

If Sirius goes down any further, are you going to blame the referees?

What makes sense is that he recommends selling at a price above $7, which becomes his new target price.  What I don't understand is HOW he got that price and why it increased from $5.8, effectively increasing the worth of the company by $1.5B without a change in your all-important balance sheet?  I mean to you, the company is worth nothing.  To him it was worth $5.8 a share, and now it's worth $7 a share.

152903[/snapback]

Analysts are generally wrong and simply speculate based on best guestimates. If they weren't, they'd be retired analysts. Think about it.

Xerox was a terrific example. They had a negative on it the entire time it was sitting in the mid 4's and 5's. Then it jumped up to $12 and the analysts jumped all over it. Buy now! sh--, you missed a triple or double and a half right there.

Analysts are generally wrong and simply speculate based on best guestimates.  If they weren't, they'd be retired analysts.  Think about it.

Xerox was a terrific example.  They had a negative on it the entire time it was sitting in the mid 4's and 5's.  Then it jumped up to $12 and the analysts jumped all over it.  Buy now!  sh--, you missed a triple or double and a half right there.

Yeah, that was pretty much my point, i.e. "guestimates" without the backing of a balance sheet or anything else to which we are privy. And I already got into Xerox earlier. <_<