(OT) Favorite Christmas Special

buckeyemike

and Santa Claus is Comin' to Town and The Year Without a Santa Claus (both of which, ironically, have Mickey Rooney as the voice of Kris Kringle). ABC Family had them back to back this past Saturday.

And there's always, always Rudolph.

When you see Rankin/Bass holiday specials, you know it's Christmas.

Mike

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two of my favorites are The Year Without A Santa Claus and Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas.

150699[/snapback]

Whoah, I had forgotten all about Emmett Otter. Blast from the past.

"We're not birds we're a jug band" classic

Just to keep this from being OT, doesn't Bill Cowher and Burgermeister Meisterburger look awfully similar, especially when BC is pissed about something? I just hope we make Pittsburgh the new Sombertown come 4pm on January 2nd.

Two of my favorites are The Year Without A Santa Claus and Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas.

150699[/snapback]

I haven't seen Emmit Otters Jug Band Christmas in probably 20 years!

My favorites are Charlie Brown and Year Without a Santa Claus. I even have one of those snowmen that spin a string of snowflakes and sings the Cold Miser song.

I like them all but one of the ones I LOOK for is the one with the mouse that has to fix the clock. Can't remember the name of it right now. I like that one... :)

150704[/snapback]

'Twas the Night Before Christmas, featuring Joel Grey and George Gobel.

I like many of the ones mentioned here. A lot of the "sequels" are absolutely horrid though, especially the ones made after 1990. I'm talkin' "Frosty Returns," one or more Charlie Brown Christmas sequels (I remember at least one...).

Ones I automatically TIVOed:

Charlie Brown

Twas the Night

Jack Frost

Santa Claus is Coming

Rudolph

Year Without a Santa Claus

Frosty

Most of the others we could see or not see...

We have Grinch on DVD...

'Twas the Night Before Christmas, featuring Joel Grey and George Gobel.

I like many of the ones mentioned here.  A lot of the "sequels" are absolutely horrid though, especially the ones made after 1990.  I'm talkin' "Frosty Returns," one or more Charlie Brown Christmas sequels (I remember at least one...).

Ones I automatically TIVOed:

Twas the Night

Jack Frost

Santa Claus is Coming

Rudolph

Year Without a Santa Claus

Frosty

Most of the others we could see or not see...

We have Grinch on DVD...

150721[/snapback]

That's it, thanks Dan. My wife loves "It's a Wonderful Life" too.... I like it the first time I watch it but they over play that one every year.

"We're not birds we're a jug band" classic

Jug band? what kind of pervert are you?

What?

Mine: Muppet Christmas Carol (Light the candle not the rat)

It's a Wonderful Life

and of course- Charlie Brown

The old "A Christmas Carol" with A. Sims in B/W.

Jeff

150724[/snapback]

That is the lovely and talented Kimberly's (my wife's) favorite. I wish I could find it for her on DVD, but so far I've been unsuccessful.

Mike

That's it, thanks Dan. My wife loves "It's a Wonderful Life" too.... I like it the first time I watch it but they over play that one every year.

150732[/snapback]

Remember when IAWL used to be on 300 times every holiday season?

About a dozen years ago, NBC bought the rights, cleaned up the original prints and shows it about three times a year.

Over Thanksgiving weekend, I had a chance to see "It's A Wonderful Life" on the big screen at a local cinema, where admission was one dollar or two canned food items. I never thought I'd get a chance to see it in a movie theater.

Mike