Dont you all 'get it'

If we rebuild then we must tear down first!

The activity occuring right now at One Bills Drive is monumental for the Franchise, the Fans and the City of Buffalo. If we want to be successful in four, three or even two years, we must make some changes that aren't so popular nor seem to 'make sense' at first glance.

Remember back, to 2007-2008, when the Kansas City Chiefs 'Cleaned House' and did everything they could to aquire a slew of draft picks. The Chief's ownership even made questionable decisions to rid themselves from arguably their best player, Jarred Allen (who also had 'questionable' character issues) and stockpiled a total of 12 draft picks in the 2008 draft.

Fast forward only TWO YEARS later and the Chiefs sit atop the NFL as the only undefeated team in the NFL. Hows that for a quick turn-around!

Coincidentally Chan Gailey joined the chiefs in Jan of that year and coincidentally Jarred Allen was a fourth round pick. :flirt:

Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFanInLV

Hard to believe the Negative Boo/Hiss crowd is up so early. :wallbash:

Quick turn around? We were 4-0 then 5-1 a few years ago. I'm still not sold on the Chiefs at all. 3-0 doesn't mean anything. Talk to me in December.

If you aren't sold on the Chiefs 3-0 then why even mention the Bills 4-0?

Besides, You missed the whole point of the post.

Hard to believe the Negative Boo/Hiss crowd is up so early. :wallbash:

If you aren't sold on the Chiefs 3-0 then why even mention the Bills 4-0?

Besides, You missed the whole point of the post.

No matter what you say, or how you spell it out, some people will never want to understand..and thats the problem, there sick of losing and want wins now, they dont want to believe its a rebuilding year again..That is why there is so much negativity.. No matter what we say they just DON'T WANT to understand..

I am quietly optimistic right now. I can see the positives in what is happening. Bottom line is that the players on the roster currently are not capable of winning, and many of them need to go. I never felt Marshawn was ever going to be an elite back, and I am fairly sure he will do no better in Seattle. I don't wish any Ill-will, I just don't see him as the answer for any team really. Trent was obvious, and unless he mysteriously learns how to throw a pass 20 yards up the middle, he will never be anything more than an extra point holder.

Whitner and Evans(yes I said it) are probably next. Evans has been a stand up guy along with Whitner, but when you aren't even drawing double coverage anymore, there's a problem.

If this is the path we're taking to achieve greatness again, then I'm going to sit back and watch. The front office is on the clock, and they better hurry, because Ralph isn't going to live forever, and once the team is gone I could give 2 squats what happens to them then.

The majority of the starters on this team won 6 games last year.

The majority of the starters on this team won 6 games last year.

Better coaching. With each passing day Fewell & his staff of assistants look better & better. What was obvious to Fewell, that Fitzpatrick gave the team a better chance to win, Gailey took months to understand. Looking back, the Bills should have retained Fewell & brought in an experienced offensive coordinator, maybe even Chan Gailey as OC with Fewell letting him know how bad Edwards was.

This team won 5 games last year & was given a 6th win when Indianapolis only played one quarter of football & then put in Painter & the scrubs.

I am quietly optimistic right now. I can see the positives in what is happening. Bottom line is that the players on the roster currently are not capable of winning, and many of them need to go. I never felt Marshawn was ever going to be an elite back, and I am fairly sure he will do no better in Seattle. I don't wish any Ill-will, I just don't see him as the answer for any team really. Trent was obvious, and unless he mysteriously learns how to throw a pass 20 yards up the middle, he will never be anything more than an extra point holder.

Whitner and Evans(yes I said it) are probably next. Evans has been a stand up guy along with Whitner, but when you aren't even drawing double coverage anymore, there's a problem.

If this is the path we're taking to achieve greatness again, then I'm going to sit back and watch. The front office is on the clock, and they better hurry, because Ralph isn't going to live forever, and once the team is gone I could give 2 squats what happens to them then.

I'm not yet optimistic, but it's at least nice to see them doing SOMETHING. Getting 2 picks for Lynch isn't bad. We need to learn from successful front offices. For example, look at this from the espn article on Moss-to-Minnesota:

When the trade is completed, the Patriots will have two picks in each of the first four rounds of the 2011 draft -- their own picks and a first-round pick from Oakland, a second-round pick from Carolina, the third-round pick from Minnesota and a fourth-rounder from Denver.

THIS is how it is done. It helps to have a stout O Line & franchise QB already in place, of course... Man I hate them.

Better coaching. With each passing day Fewell & his staff of assistants look better & better. What was obvious to Fewell, that Fitzpatrick gave the team a better chance to win, Gailey took months to understand. Looking back, the Bills should have retained Fewell & brought in an experienced offensive coordinator, maybe even Chan Gailey as OC with Fewell letting him know how bad Edwards was.

This team won 5 games last year & was given a 6th win when Indianapolis only played one quarter of football & then put in Painter & the scrubs.

Yikes you are way off the mark! What we have now is not good, but it sure as Hell doesn't make me wax nostalgic for DJ and Perry. That team would have crashed this year as well. Look, we have to tear down to rebuild. Years of DJ's mediocrity are coming home to roost this year. If we lose every game this year and we are playing young guys and rooks, I'm fine with it. Just don't lose 12 to 14 games with vets who need to go and are not in the long term plans.

No matter what you say, or how you spell it out, some people will never want to understand..and thats the problem, there sick of losing and want wins now, they dont want to believe its a rebuilding year again..That is why there is so much negativity.. No matter what we say they just DON'T WANT to understand..

Some old group of wise sages once wrote, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need!" The key word being "try" not cry! I say tear it down to its core and do whatever it takes to turn our team around. Onward and upward and all that good stuff. Give the boys a chance we can "lynch" em later if time proves them to be yet another set of not quite the answer losers. We need to see what next year's draft and FA brings to really determine if they have a viable strategy for getting us back into the fray of legitimate competition in the NFL.

I think we get it that they have to tear down. However, why begin tearing down now? The tearing apart should have happened immediately. Edwards, Marshawn should have been dispatched. They even should have considered dangling Evans, Kelsay, Mitchell because these guys ain't goint to be here three years from now if the plan is to put together a playoff team by then. The fans could accept that and embrace a young team that progresses incrementally, even if it meant getting top 5 picks for the next three years.

The crap they're doing now is just indicative of the confusion and incompetence at OBD. The only plan at OBD is to fill a roster... and as cheaply as possible. The thing that I don't get is why they pay the money for the front office when you can train a few monkeys to come in and do what they're doing for a hell of a lot less money.

What next... maybe outsource their front office to India or China?

Some old group of wise sages once wrote, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need!" The key word being "try" not cry! I say tear it down to its core and do whatever it takes to turn our team around. Onward and upward and all that good stuff. Give the boys a chance we can "lynch" em later if time proves them to be yet another set of not quite the answer losers. We need to see what next year's draft and FA brings to really determine if they have a viable strategy for getting us back into the fray of legitimate competition in the NFL.

Who is our core? Spiller, Levitre, Wood, Parrish, Byrd, Whitner, MCGee, Pozluzny, Moorman, and who else? Thats a lot of holes.

The crap they're doing now is just indicative of the confusion and incompetence at OBD. The only plan at OBD is to fill a roster... and as cheaply as possible. The thing that I don't get is why they pay the money for the front office when you can train a few monkeys to come in and do what they're doing for a hell of a lot less money.

Last year's "major overhaul" was cosmetic because it only changed out the most public faces of the franchise. Aside from the players, most people know a NFL team has a GM and HC. Unfortunately, football team decisions are made by a group and thus no one takes the fall for bad moves individually. They've really done a great job of shielding the decision making process from the public, some of whom might know who Tom Modrak and Doug Whaley are. Until the real power players behind the scenes are removed or more likely shuttled to the side (Littman and Overdorf) then nothing changes. RW listens to both of those guys heavily IMO.

Going further, the scouting staff remains intact but even if they're not the issue, it's the guys pulling the trigger in UFA and on draft day. Jay Glazer's comments today about figuring out women before the Bills franchise should really make the homers wince and think twice before blindly declaring things will get better. There's absolutely no truth to that without more changes in the front office.

I am coming to that conclusion too.

I'm not yet optimistic, but it's at least nice to see them doing SOMETHING. Getting 2 picks for Lynch isn't bad. We need to learn from successful front offices. For example, look at this from the espn article on Moss-to-Minnesota:

THIS is how it is done. It helps to have a stout O Line & franchise QB already in place, of course... Man I hate them.

HAHAHAHA Excellent avatar!

I think we get it that they have to tear down. However, why begin tearing down now? The tearing apart should have happened immediately. Edwards, Marshawn should have been dispatched. They even should have considered dangling Evans, Kelsay, Mitchell because these guys ain't goint to be here three years from now if the plan is to put together a playoff team by then. The fans could accept that and embrace a young team that progresses incrementally, even if it meant getting top 5 picks for the next three years.

I agree with this sentiment. All the people here saying how this has to be done, how it is inevitable, how the people complaining don't understand, I think are missing a few key points. If the real goal is to build a winner in a few years, then why isn't Brohm starting? If we don't know how well he can play in real games, then we might fall prey to the same reasoning that allowed us to pass on a QB in 2010. Why sign Kelsay to an expensive extension, one that will only justify him playing when obviously we need to see young guys trying to play, to see if we have anything in reserve that might work - who wants to hear next draft that they didn't upgrade OLB because we could have the same talent already on our roster? The frustration is coming from what appears to be multiple chiefs running the show at One Bills Drive, and the result is the GM and coach getting all the blame, a three to four year total roster turnover, constant failure. Some real answers need to be made in explaining why this team is so far behind everyone else. Look at New England - they have had many more draft picks than we have over the last four years and their roster is always capable of competing for the Super Bowl. We can't even do one part right - compete for the Super Bowl or have a successful rebuild via the draft - and I, for one, want to see the responsible party come forth and take the blame, because it really looks like we're never going to see success here. Rebuilding for ten years does lose momentum.