Not to make you feel worse but...

I have been a Bills fan for about 30 years now and this current debacle is up there with the low points of 2-14 in the 1980s and 3-13 under the blowhard Williams in 2001. The part that depresses me the most about all the talk on here about draft picks (and how we could be stacked going into next year's draft) is that this current administration isnt competent to scout, evaluate and draft anyone. You know that they will just screw it up when they have the chance. What gives anyone any hope that these guys can turn this around?? I'm sorry but I have no faith in Buddy Nix and there doesnt seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel here.

I have been a Bills fan for about 30 years now and this current debacle is up there with the low points of 2-14 in the 1980s and 3-13 under the blowhard Williams in 2001. The part that depresses me the most about all the talk on here about draft picks (and how we could be stacked going into next year's draft) is that this current administration isnt competent to scout, evaluate and draft anyone. You know that they will just screw it up when they have the chance. What gives anyone any hope that these guys can turn this around?? I'm sorry but I have no faith in Buddy Nix and there doesnt seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel here.

And yet you registered for this site just to say that.

Score another one for performative narcissistic self-loathing!

The answer probably lies in the development of Troupe and Carrington. We know Spiller is good and at least worth a 1st rounder. If the other 2 play decently by the end of the season, maybe there's reason for optimism.

I am given hope by the fact that you are wrong about squandering picks. This FO's first draft we got an RB to build this team around, we got very promising defensive players to build out 3-4 around next year (Troupe,Carrington,Moats) and we got a very promising WR who happened to get hurt in Camp.

I know everyone is panicking, but we had a draft that I think will be very promising over the next few years. They addressed our defense going forward, got us a WR, we got unlucky with the injury, and a future superstar RB. We get our evaluation out of the way right now, this year, hit on ILB, QB and OT next year and keep developing Troupe, Carrington, moats, and we become a competitive team. Throw in an extra WR and who knows.

There is no reason yet to have faith in Buddy Nix et. al, but there is no reason yet not to have faith.

It is evident that the Bills over the last 10 years have not done well drafting. They got few if any impact players, and most of the 1st round picks have been a bust. Add that to little activity in FA, and no QB, and what you see on the field is a team woefully lacking in talent.

Nix and Gailey have no magic wand--no one does-- to take a team without talent and make them a good team in one off-season and 4 games. This is a major rebuilding effort from prior failures that took 10 years to dig a hole this big. It's like Obama with Bush--you can't fix something right away that took 8 years to f*&k up.

I know we all want instant solutions, but they don't exist. We have to hope this year's draft turns out better than the past 10, and next year's is even better. Right now the new regime has been in evaluation mode, and tear it down modeand stockpile picks mode. Only when that process is complete, can they go into full rebuild it mode, because it is only then that you know what you need for sure.

Whether Nix and Gailey are the right guys--I don't know. See if the team looks any better over the last 6 games--that would be an indication of progress. See how it goes in 2011--if there is a season. But I don't think you'll see a competitive team until the second half of 2011 at the earliest. Hopefully these guys are turning it around--don't give up hope yet, the process has just really started. CD

Fact of the matter is that we truly don't know how Nix and crew are when it comes to scouting, picks, etc. To me, it seems like they are making the right moves.

And yet you registered for this site just to say that.

Score another one for performative narcissistic self-loathing!

Y'know, I see other posts urging visitors to "pop their posting cherry".

I remember when I finally started posting after several years reading, I got responses like "why should we care about your opinion" to questions and providing facts where they seemed appropriate and such.

Might be a little discouraging to a newbie to read that, just saying.

On the other hand, sometimes old hands create a new profile just to have more of the same say.

Just what this board needs. Another whiner. Gee this is a unique post. Haven't heard those opinions before. Thank you for your brilliant insight.

Any more wisdom you'd care to share with us?

good post, welcome aboard

The posters here are in denial, this tandem of Nix / Gailey drafted a full draft and none of those players save Spiller have made any impact this year. Spillers impact so far has been marginal compared to other RB's selected later in the draft. The Bills have a hand full of desperate needs to improve the team and this staff almost completely ignored those positions. I'm not buying into the best player available crap, what if the best player available for the next ten years is a DB at the first and second pick! You draft the best player available for your greatest area of need.

Buddy Nix went out in free agency and brought in Cornell Green, the worst RT in the NFL and then paid him 3 mill a year, so what does that tell you about Nix!

How many year do we need to wait to call this two morons? I'm already convinced these two losers are going to do nothing but make this franchise worse then it already is.

good post, welcome aboard

The posters here are in denial, this tandem of Nix / Gailey drafted a full draft and none of those players save Spiller have made any impact this year. Spillers impact so far has been marginal compared to other RB's selected later in the draft. The Bills have a hand full of desperate needs to improve the team and this staff almost completely ignored those positions. I'm not buying into the best player available crap, what if the best player available for the next ten years is a DB at the first and second pick! You draft the best player available for your greatest area of need.

Buddy Nix went out in free agency and brought in Cornell Green, the worst RT in the NFL and then paid him 3 mill a year, so what does that tell you about Nix!

How many year do we need to wait to call this two morons? I'm already convinced these two losers are going to do nothing but make this franchise worse then it already is.

Wasn't the quick turnaround the Ravens got with Harbaugh or Atlanta with Mike Smith, was it.

Just what this board needs. Another whiner. Gee this is a unique post. Haven't heard those opinions before. Thank you for your brilliant insight.

Do you have any idea why everyone is whining?

I am given hope by the fact that you are wrong about squandering picks. This FO's first draft we got an RB to build this team around, we got very promising defensive players to build out 3-4 around next year (Troupe,Carrington,Moats) and we got a very promising WR who happened to get hurt in Camp.

I know everyone is panicking, but we had a draft that I think will be very promising over the next few years. They addressed our defense going forward, got us a WR, we got unlucky with the injury, and a future superstar RB. We get our evaluation out of the way right now, this year, hit on ILB, QB and OT next year and keep developing Troupe, Carrington, moats, and we become a competitive team. Throw in an extra WR and who knows.

I agree with this post and others that have echoed this position. Let's face it the new regime(FO)inherited a train wreck. Where do you start when pretty much everything is lacking in some way. I thought the approach to the draft other than what seemed like a luxury pick in Spiller was as tactical as they could be in laying down a foundation for our future. The Spiller pick sold tickets and let's be honest did get us one hell of a ball-player, so luxury or not it was not an utterly wasted pick. Agreed? The FA market was lean at best and they tossed a couple bandaids on some gaping wounds, but overall they seem to be executing a patient strategy. To me the true test will be the next draft and how they use the picks that in my opinion they will continue to stockpile with the possibility of a couple more trades. It is not inconcievable to see a safety or WR trade before the deadline.

We need to beef up our lines on both sides of the ball and we need to work on our LB situation to become competitive. That done then we can refocus on our QB of the future, tweak some skill-set positions and set our sites on the playoffs. This is no overnight fix. I'm a Bills fan through thick or thin and I refuse to toss in the towel on the current regime/FO until they have had a legitmate chance and the time they need to show us what they actually have in mind. There is NO WAY to really assess that on what they have done so far this year in that there are without a doubt enumerable essential pieces to the overall puzzle that will/can only be revealed with time. I chose to remain optimistic and willing to give them next year's draft before I push any panic buttons or become a full-fledged member of the second guessing bandwagon. Those are my thoughts. Go Bills! Oh and thanks for reading my mindless uptake on this...

Wow! are you sure you're not the comic book store guy from the Simpsons? How is it "whining" to state some obvious facts about this administration? I guess we should be all polyanna about these guys, they'll do the right thing right? yes just like the last 10 years under Donahoe, Levy, just like Phillips, Williams, Mularkey, Jauron. I actually think that getting rid of Edwards was a good thing but it should have been done last year, just like Lynch (perhaps that would have been less possible as he was showcased this year). The Kelsey 24 million is a mystifying move and gives me no confidence in this groups abilities to judge talent. If Modrak is still in charge of the draft as in previous seasons why do we all of sudden think that he will make good decisions? What is your "brilliant insight" into this unfolding disaster?

Edited by Livinginthepast