The Wildcat Offense Will Be An Integral Part Of Our Future Offense

A run with Jackson out of the Wildcat with an option to Spiller will be one of many new offensive plays we will see this year and for years to come. :thumbsup:

Just remember that you read it here first. I would not be surprised at all to see this implemented into the offense as soon as this weeks game against the Jags.

Go Bills!

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

A run with Jackson out of the Wildcat with an option to Spiller will be one of many new offensive plays we will see this year and for years to come. :thumbsup:

Just remember that you read it here first. I would not be surprised at all to see this implemented into the offense as soon as this weeks game against the Jags.

Go Bills!

I don't see the wildcat formation viable long-term. Every defense in the NFL was unprepared for that type of attack when Miami unveiled it in the pros a couple years ago. Now , each D-cord. has a scheme(s) against it and will only improve in time. Its a fad. Miami was horrible in the wildcat last night ( granted they were playing the jets d ) but it still hasn't packed the same punch for any team this year as it has in the past.

I like Parrish doing the cat. He not a true running back but he is our 3rd string QB and I am sure he could do a fair job running as well. Perhaps we can be the first team to add the wrinkle of throwing out of that formation consistantly. Put all 3 in backfield, move one of them out pre-snap.

I don't see the wildcat formation viable long-term. Every defense in the NFL was unprepared for that type of attack when Miami unveiled it in the pros a couple years ago. Now , each D-cord. has a scheme(s) against it and will only improve in time. Its a fad. Miami was horrible in the wildcat last night ( granted they were playing the jets d ) but it still hasn't packed the same punch for any team this year as it has in the past.

Which is why this rendition of the WC should call for more ballsy passing options to keep 'em honest. All good athletes playing this game can throw a football (to some extent).

Edited by evilbuffalobob

I like Parrish doing the cat. He not a true running back but he is our 3rd string QB and I am sure he could do a fair job running as well. Perhaps we can be the first team to add the wrinkle of throwing out of that formation consistantly. Put all 3 in backfield, move one of them out pre-snap.

After that we can work on The Option Play, or maybe even the old "Statue of Liberty". I'm as excited about getting these plays down as you are! I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! to really see these Bills display all their talents! So much potential, they just have to find the right plays! Why not a Reverse, followed by a Double Reverse, then on third down (if they haven't scored already) maybe something simple like a fullback option pass back to the QB! AWESOME!

After that we can work on The Option Play, or maybe even the old "Statue of Liberty". I'm as excited about getting these plays down as you are! I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! to really see these Bills display all their talents! So much potential, they just have to find the right plays! Why not a Reverse, followed by a Double Reverse, then on third down (if they haven't scored already) maybe something simple like a fullback option pass back to the QB! AWESOME!

you sir, are correct.

We cannot run simple plays or score on a draw or bootleg. How would we manage the trick plays? We win a game or so by that but where does that get us? Champions do not win on flea flickers and wildcats.

I think they should do nothing but gadget plays the entire game. They will be known for it, the wild and wacky unpredicti-bills. Put the right roster together and they could be the Harlem Globetrotters of the NFL. Too bad they are working on matching the Washington Generals win/loss record.

Edited by edg77

The wildcat offense has been solved and will fade away. Every defense in the NFL, except ours, has figured it out.

Agreed, out offensive is so pitifal, it can't stop the our own defense. The Wildcat is nothing more than a variation of the wishbone, and that has been obsolete for years.

Agreed, out offensive is so pitifal, it can't stop the our own defense. The Wildcat is nothing more than a variation of the wishbone, and that has been obsolete for years.

that's why Chan built his whole off-sesason plan around the Wildcat with Spiller and Jackson in the backfield and Tebow the trigger man.

why do you think Ralph almost had a coronary when Denver outfoxed them in getting Tebow.

Edited by spartacus

that's why Chan built his whole off-sesason plan around the Wildcat with Spiller and Jackson in the backfield and Tebow the trigger man.

who do you think Ralph almost had a coronary when Denver outfoxed them in getting Tebow. 

Not to flood this thread with posts, but I agree. I could tell the plan was to get in Tebow. I would have been upset with this, he is 3rd string in Denver now, too.

Unless he changed his name to Levi Brown, Parrish is at best the 4th string QB, but I think its actually 5th, Isn't Moorman the emergency backup?

Unless he changed his name to Levi Brown, Parrish is at best the 4th string QB, but I think its actually 5th, Isn't Moorman the emergency backup?

Parrish was taking reps in camp. Moorman was at one point emergency qb. Brown has not been activated to the roster for games - he made a mistake. Brown could not play on Sundays.

Might as well adapt and change up the wildcat/WildBill a little bit. just for sake of example, why not go in I formation, with a backup qb in who has no problems with blocking, put qb in motion, hike to jackson, (can go on option with Spiller with guard pulling) or if another play is called hand off to spiller, or throw pass, or short lateral to qb and pass. there are many options besides just your basic wildcat. can't run this stuff too often in the NFL but why not be a little creative now and then.