The Redskins Got Jammal Brown for a 4th

Or a 3rd, depending on what pick they end up having to give the Eagles for McNabb. If they win more than 9 games, they'll owe the Eagles a 3rd, meaing they'll be shipping a 4th to New Orleans for the right tackle. In all likelihood, it's a 4th.

So, we could've traded a 4th for Brown, and recouped the 4th for Marshawn. And, you know, won some games this year.

Go to hell, Ralph.

You do realize that Buffalo wanted a 3rd for Lynch, but there were no takers. So they got a 4th and a conditional, the best they could get.

Either you missed my point entirely or I didn't state it correctly.

We could've gotten Jammal Brown, a quality right tackle, for what we got for Marshawn. Put another way, we could've essentially traded Marshawn Lynch, our third running back, for Jammal Brown, a RT we don't have. Put yet another way, WHY THE FUG DIDN'T WE TRADE FOR JAMMAL BROWN?

What?

His argument is that because Brown and Lynch were both traded for a 4th, the Bills could have traded Lynch for Brown.

He's talking about NFL trades having the mathematical transitive property, which they don't have.

NFL trades do not follow the transitive property.

AKA: Lynch = 4th rounder and Brown = 4th rounder does not equal Brown = Lynch.

?????? thats why we trade our fourth for brown and then lynch to seattle for a fourth???? Are you High?

His argument is that because Brown and Lynch were both traded for a 4th, the Bills could have traded Lynch for Brown.

He's talking about NFL trades having the mathematical transitive property, which they don't have.

Wrong. My argument is that we could EFFECTIVELY, not ACTUALLY, have traded Lynch for Brown. BIG difference. And I'm right.

This has nothing to do with math, really just common sense our 4th would be a higher pick also so therefore it wouldnt be transitive at all unless all fourth round picks are created equal? :worthy:

Not what he's saying. He is saying...why not make the Lynch deal, then follow it up with dealing the 4th we just got for Lynch for Jammal Brown. That way, instead of picking up another Justin Armour or Reggie Corner, we at least have a pretty good RT to build around.

Jammal Brown will be 30 this coming offseason. I would guess, with no apparent answer at QB, by the time the Bills are realistically competitive he'll no longer be a part of the future and the draft pick was deemed more useful for that purpose. I don't think the Bills are winning games this year even with Brown at a T spot.

Either you missed my point entirely or I didn't state it correctly.

We could've gotten Jammal Brown, a quality right tackle, for what we got for Marshawn. Put another way, we could've essentially traded Marshawn Lynch, our third running back, for Jammal Brown, a RT we don't have. Put yet another way, WHY THE FUG DIDN'T WE TRADE FOR JAMMAL BROWN?

You also realize that the trade for Jammal Brown was contingent on him signing a new contract, decreasing the amount of viable teams and lowering his value. Which he never would have done if the team he was being traded to was Buffalo anyway. So there is no point to your post.