And the conditional pick is...

Got_Wood

Adam_Schefter

"The second pick Buffalo received in today's trade is a 6th rounder in 2012 that can go to a 5th based on Marshawn Lynch's productivity."

So we're still going to root for the guy?

I would have just went for the outright 3rd rather then go for a 4th and a pick later. But maybe Seattle just didn't want to give up their 3rd?

Right now, Seattle doesn't have a 3rd in 2011 to give. They traded it to SD for Whitehurst.

Right now, Seattle doesn't have a 3rd in 2011 to give. They traded it to SD for Whitehurst.

Gotta love the NFL....I really don't understand how these GM's decide the value in players. How do unproven QBs who simply looked promising during a couple of preseason games garner a 3rd round pick, yet Pro Bowlers like Marshawn and Anquan can be had for 3rd or 4th round picks??

I don't care what anyone says, you can easily build a playoff team if you draft a good QB, and then take care of the rest through free agency and trades. Of course you would need around 3-4 starters to be players you drafted, but considering the caliber of player you can acquire with 3rd and 4th round picks you could still retain your 1st and 2nd round picks each year. If you then hit on 50% of your 1st and 2nd rounders you could put together a pretty solid team.

Edited by DaBills51