When is enough, enough?

Da Big Man

Yeah, but this Rah Rah Rah crap is also old. In 1920, or 70 or 80, it didn't cost so much friggin money to unconditionally support a bunch of losers. And no, it wasn't this bad. This is the LONGEST stretch of playoff-less football. So, no, it wasn't worse. They got to get over being so awful back then, a lot quicker, because the playoffs bracketed those awful era's of football in a shorter period of time.

This is fuggin awful, and it costs a minor fortune to pour season ticket money, hotel money, food money, gas money, and rain gear money (how fitting on Sunday) to these losers in the front office running the clown show. It's more expensive than ever to support a team unconditionally these days. They deserve every bit of critcism they get.

Russ Brandon can kiss my ass.

Well said.

A decade of a meddling owner running a team on the cheap with second rate front office personnel and third rate players. This team is on a slow death spiral out of town. I stopped spending money on the Bills when Ralph refused to consider alternatives to putting the team up for auction when he passes.

Another "I'm done with this team thread". How original.

I'm as pessimistic as anyone, but I was born in 1980. I'm 30 years old. There are posters who are older and much wiser who will tell you the 70's and early 80's were way worse than now. And ya know what? They didn't cry and jump ship. They stuck with this team because it's THEIR team. It sucks to be awful, but you can't win every season. You can't even make the playoffs every decade. But you still follow your team. When they do finally win, how sweet it will be for those of us who bitched and moaned, but never even considered jumping ship. Get over it. This team is a bunch of untalented losers. But their OUR untalented losers.

I am one of those older guys, at 40 years old, and all I can say to this is, we were good for like six years, DESPITE the owner, because the guy he hired at GM didn't listen to him and did what he wanted. The day Ralph fired Bill Polian, I'm fairly certain he told himself that he would never make that "mistake" again. He likes to hang around making football decisions and only yes-men are allowed in his fold. Face it, we're doomed to root for a ****ty football team for as long as Ralph owns the team.

when is enough enough? WHENEVER YOU WANT IT TO BE

NO ONE IS FORCING YOU/HOLDING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD TO BE A FAN OF THIS TEAM

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, LEAVE, ITS EASY, ITS SIMPLE, AND IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL 1 000 000x's BETTER

And you can't keep throwing out the "10 years of rebuilding" line, the current guys in charge were not a part of those 10 years, you can't blame them for what went on before them.

AND IF ALL RALPH CARED ABOUT IS MAKING MONEY AND NOT WINNING, HE WOULD HAVE MOVED THIS TEAM DECADES AGO

Really? To what city? If you say Los Angeles I'm gonna pee laughing. Remember the LA Raiders? Anyone? And take LA out of the hunt, what city gave Ralph a better chance of cashing in over entertainment-starved WNY? Answer. Nowhere. The team hasn't moved because no place made sense to move it to. If it did, Ralph woulda moved it, regardless of the fan support. See Art Modell.

Im so sick of posts like these. I mean what do you really expect out of a team that is clearly re-building (again). Yes , we are 0-4 , and we should not be winning games against the likes of the dolphins , jets , pats , and packers. Those 4 teams are solid playoff caliber teams , we are not, yet. If you had high hopes , or even mediocre hopes for the Bills success this year ,then frankly , I feel sorry for you. Year one of a new regime , especially with no established franchise QB and offensive/defensive lines usually means a year in which you bottom out , figure out which players are here to stay , and then improve what you don't have in the offseason. Yea it sucks that we aren't competitive this year , but hey , no one is forcing you to watch the games.

WE ARE REBUILDING!

I hope you have a cane or a dog to help you walk like most blind people do.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, LEAVE, ITS EASY, ITS SIMPLE, AND IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL 1 000 000x's BETTER

And you can't keep throwing out the "10 years of rebuilding" line, the current guys in charge were not a part of those 10 years, you can't blame them for what went on before them.

AND IF ALL RALPH CARED ABOUT IS MAKING MONEY AND NOT WINNING, HE WOULD HAVE MOVED THIS TEAM DECADES AGO

Where would he have moved it to? If there was a way for Ralph to move this team and make money he would have done it, in a Detroit heartbeat. This team is like a washing machine, new items (FO/Coaches/management) come in, it cycles, then has to start all over again, with no changes.

I am going to say something and some will be offended but since most of you are in a bad mood anyway...here goes.

ITS NOT ABOUT WINNING TEAMS AND SUPERBOWLS,ITS ABOUT SUPPORT FOR THE TEAM THAT REPRESENTS BUFFALO..........THE PLAYOFFS AND THE SUPERBOWL ARE A BONUS.

If I followed the Bills only when they had a chance to win the Superbowl, I would save a ton of money! :flirt:

Nice Business First piece about 92 year old Ralph: http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/blog/the_last_laugh/2010/10/hey_ralph_wilson_nap_time_is_over.html

Based on my own experience - I have a colleague who is 93 and who was once among the most powerful men in America (former bank president, advisor to President Kennedy, etc.) - at 90+ years old, you're simply not capable of running a business like you once could. At that age, even basic activities like walking and talking and eating becomes a chore. The mind is just not as sharp.

I like to bust on Ralph for letting the team come to this point, but it is not inconceivable that he doesn't even know what the hell is going on any more...

I'm as pessimistic as anyone, but I was born in 1980. I'm 30 years old. There are posters who are older and much wiser who will tell you the 70's and early 80's were way worse than now. And ya know what? They didn't cry and jump ship. They stuck with this team because it's THEIR team. It sucks to be awful, but you can't win every season. You can't even make the playoffs every decade. But you still follow your team. When they do finally win, how sweet it will be for those of us who bitched and moaned, but never even considered jumping ship. Get over it. This team is a bunch of untalented losers. But their OUR untalented losers.

I am also one of the older fans - over 50 and have passionately followed the Bills since I was 8 years old. I have followed them through the lowest of lows, the highest of highs, and everything in between. I can become angry, dismayed, disgusted, cynical, or (place your favorite adjective here) like any Bills fan. However, they are the team of my childhood, a passion I have shared with friends and family for most of my life, the source of a lot of wonderful memories (the ones that really matter like the first game I ever went to and the first game I ever took my son to - both losses by the way, but the final scores meant nothing compared to the experiences themselves) - and the only football team I can truly root for. It is what it is. I've been here before - and things will get better (sooner rather than later I hope :rolleyes: ). But, in the end, they are my team. So I try to hope for the best, not to stress too much over things I can't control, and remember that it is only a game.

I have been a Bills fan since 1967. I remember trying to pick up Rochester TV as a 5 year old and watching Monte Ledbetter catch a touchdown pass against the Oilers.

However, those days were before salary caps, unbalanced schedules, and free agency so it was much harder to turn a team around. Additionally, even in those horrid times, we NEVER went 11 years without a playoff berth. Also, in some of those years, at least the games were entertaining and there were highlights to watch. The games now are unwatchable - there are only so many 3 and outs that one can stand!

Lastly, we did not have the sword over our heads of moving the team. Unfortunately, I am positive that unless Ralph decides he wants to sell to a Buffalo investor group for a significant discount, that the team will be in Toronto or (more likely) LA.

Yes, keep recycling this fable. If Ralph Wilson wanted to make lots of money, he would have sold the team. But since he has no intention of selling the team, his best way to make a lot of money is to keep them in Buffalo and maintain the mediocrity. If he moved the team, he would have to make significant investment into his organization to make more money than he has in Buffalo.

NY State citizens support this message by giving Wilson a free stadium.

Wow! Talk about lowering your expectations.

I am also one of the older fans - over 50 and have passionately followed the Bills since I was 8 years old. I have followed them through the lowest of lows, the highest of highs, and everything in between. I can become angry, dismayed, disgusted, cynical, or (place your favorite adjective here) like any Bills fan. However, they are the team of my childhood, a passion I have shared with friends and family for most of my life, the source of a lot of wonderful memories (the ones that really matter like the first game I ever went to and the first game I ever took my son to - both losses by the way, but the final scores meant nothing compared to the experiences themselves) - and the only football team I can truly root for. It is what it is. I've been here before - and things will get better (sooner rather than later I hope :rolleyes: ). But, in the end, they are my team. So I try to hope for the best, not to stress too much over things I can't control, and remember that it is only a game.

Thank you. Being a Bills fan is more than just W-L. Is being able to discuss them with family and friends - defend your fandom to asshat pats/cowboys/dolphins fans, having those memories of the great days, and waking up Sunday, with your brain telling you they will lose, and your heart saying "God, I hope they win... just today!!".

Lowered expectations? Maybe. But I'm a frigging Bills fan, and no one will ever take that away from me.

So, to those crying and whining, you have all right to. But you're "done" with the team? I'm afraid to tell you, you're probably not.

Thank you. Being a Bills fan is more than just W-L. Is being able to discuss them with family and friends - defend your fandom to asshat pats/cowboys/dolphins fans, having those memories of the great days, and waking up Sunday, with your brain telling you they will lose, and your heart saying "God, I hope they win... just today!!".

Lowered expectations? Maybe. But I'm a frigging Bills fan, and no one will ever take that away from me.

So, to those crying and whining, you have all right to. But you're "done" with the team? I'm afraid to tell you, you're probably not.

+1 :thumbsup: