SEND A MESSAGE THIS SUNDAY: WALK INTO STADIUM FIVE MINUTES LATE!&#

Uncle Flap asked in a post "What can we do"? I say, what could be a better protest of the way things are being handled in Buffalo than to have the stadium empty at kickoff. The NBC cameras would be showing an empty stadium, the players would look in the stands in disbelief, and the announcers would have something to talk about other than "Buffalo is in a rebuilding stage".

If I was a season ticket holder, and after what I witnessed Sunday against the Jets (and if I actually lived in the area), I would tell every radio station, newspaper ads, signs at the entrances or along major corridors in big letters ("SEND A MESSAGE TO MANAGEMENT: GO TO YOUR SEAT TWO MINUTES AFTER KICKOFF")

I realize the hallways would be packed while waiting for the kickoff, but the owner and management need to know Bills Fans (and all NFL fans for that matter) are relevant.

...after all, if you miss two minutes from kickoff, you can stay an extra two minutes after the third quarter ends before you leave.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncle Flap asked in a post "What can we do"? I say, what could be a better protest of the way things are being handled in Buffalo than to have the stadium empty at kickoff. The NBC cameras would be showing an empty stadium, the players would look in the stands in disbelief, and the announcers would have something to talk about other than "Buffalo is in a rebuilding stage".

If I was a season ticket holder, and after what I witnessed Sunday against the Jets (and if I actually lived in the area), I would tell every radio station, newspaper ads, signs at the entrances or along major corridors in big letters ("SEND A MESSAGE TO MANAGEMENT: GO TO YOUR SEAT TWO MINUTES AFTER KICKOFF")

I realize the hallways would be packed while waiting for the kickoff, but the owner and management need to know Bills Fans (and all NFL fans for that matter) are relevant.

...after all, if you miss two minutes from kickoff, you can stay an extra two minutes after the third quarter ends before you leave.

Are you serious with this idea? If so, the bowling ball shots were something you endorsed as well i would presume. Look, there is nothing - repeat, nothing you can do to change the teams lot in the NFL today. All of the good will from the 90's has been burned and the Wilson family is frankly cold to the franchise. I really pity three entities in this whole mess;

1. The Bills Fans - face it, you think delaying your apearance at a game will make a difference - commendable, you remind me of the foolish strip club patron who believes he is helping the girl attain a better life - led to believe you somehow make a difference only to one day realize, she never really loved you.

2. The Bills front office - They know the hard truth, and yet show up to work each day with a mask of a smile. I have run 2 companies off prior to and after a sale - I know what they are going through and it isn't pretty...yet they have to show up with a can do attitude...and yes, this includes the coaching staff. Talk about the walking dead.

3. The Bills players - brought in under the auspices of finally making it to the big time only to find out the team they are on simply is practice fodder for real NFL teams. I am sure it's tough to get out of bed on a Sunday morning with a defeated body and mind, but to get up for a game...come now.

All deserve our pity and unabashed support. So please, go to the game on time, cheer on the players - at least 2 of the 3 parties can feel alive...if not for 3 hours at a pop each week...

If I lived near there, or if I went to games, if, if, if...

I am a season ticket holder, and there is no way I'll !@#$ing not go, or go late, so a bunch of people that don't go can protest. Write a !@#$ing letter. How about you "do" something yourself, instead of telling others what to do.

Are you serious with this idea? If so, the bowling ball shots were something you endorsed as well i would presume. Look, there is nothing - repeat, nothing you can do to change the teams lot in the NFL today. All of the good will from the 90's has been burned and the Wilson family is frankly cold to the franchise. I really pity three entities in this whole mess;

1. The Bills Fans - face it, you think delaying your apearance at a game will make a difference - commendable, you remind me of the foolish strip club patron who believes he is helping the girl attain a better life - led to believe you somehow make a difference only to one day realize, she never really loved you.

2. The Bills front office - They know the hard truth, and yet show up to work each day with a mask of a smile. I have run 2 companies off prior to and after a sale - I know what they are going through and it isn't pretty...yet they have to show up with a can do attitude...and yes, this includes the coaching staff. Talk about the walking dead.

3. The Bills players - brought in under the auspices of finally making it to the big time only to find out the team they are on simply is practice fodder for real NFL teams. I am sure it's tough to get out of bed on a Sunday morning with a defeated body and mind, but to get up for a game...come now.

All deserve our pity and unabashed support. So please, go to the game on time, cheer on the players - at least 2 of the 3 parties can feel alive...if not for 3 hours at a pop each week...

Those are all great points and I commend you on your positive attitude. I certainly want to cheer the players and show support. My complaint, however, is with the management (Not the Players)and our image in the National media. It would be nice to send a message in some fashion that Bills Fans take football seriously and will organize themselves in some fashion to send an organized message not only to ownership in Buffalo, but to other owners/management around the league. It seems, however, that other owners and GM's have received the message from their fan base...meanwhile Buffalo and Detroit take the road less travelled.

Dumb idea.

So, you want us to miss the only part of the game where there is still hope? Thanks a lot.

It's a great idea...that's why no one would do it. You don't think an empty stadium at kickoff wouldn't make all the news shows?

PTR

It's a great idea...that's why no one would do it. You don't think an empty stadium at kickoff wouldn't make all the news shows?

PTR

That's what I was thinking...and although the gentleman above thought I was telling him to do something, I was thinking out loud as invited by Uncle Flap on his post.

If, if, if....If I didn't go to the Jets game yesterday (which I did), I could have kept my underwear dry.

PTR

Who cares?

You think Ralph Wilson gives a crap? You think he just has NO EARTHLY IDEA that his team is a laughingstock and completely terrible? Maybe this will be the wake-up call that actually makes him realize how bad they are!

Come on, man.

That won't send any message that Ralph will give a crap about. The tickets are already bought, you will still get you beer/soda, hotdog, etc. on the way in, so it won't hurt his wallet, it won't send a message. I say if you really want to send a message, don't go at all. Let Cheap Ass Ralphie wobble into a completely empty stadium and get a picture of his face when he sees it.

PTR

The problem is WNY/ buffalonians are wimps. They are affraid of Ralph Wilson and they have some bull crap idea in their heads the team is moving, which it isn't. Grow a pair and boycott the games. but it won't happen.

That won't send any message that Ralph will give a crap about. The tickets are already bought, you will still get you beer/soda, hotdog, etc. on the way in, so it won't hurt his wallet, it won't send a message. I say if you really want to send a message, don't go at all. Let Cheap Ass Ralphie wobble into a completely empty stadium and get a picture of his face when he sees it.

Exactly. No one buy single game tickets let him not get one dime off parking, merchandise, concessions etc. Watch how fast Ralph responds. The ONLY way to get ralph to do anything is hit him in the pocketbook.

Who cares?

You think Ralph Wilson gives a crap? You think he just has NO EARTHLY IDEA that his team is a laughingstock and completely terrible? Maybe this will be the wake-up call that actually makes him realize how bad they are!

Come on, man.

Ralph might be old, but he isn't dead or stupid. He knows his team is the biggest laughing stock that a pro football team could be, but he thinks he is the one laughing because his bank account keeps getting bigger. Wait a minute, he is the one laughing while all of us suckers are spending our hard earned money on his garbage product.

Edited by billsfreak

The problem is WNY/ buffalonians are wimps. They are affraid of Ralph Wilson and they have some bull crap idea in their heads the team is moving, which it isn't. Grow a pair and boycott the games. but it won't happen.

Exactly. No one buy single game tickets let him not get one dime off parking, merchandise, concessions etc. Watch how fast Ralph responds. The ONLY way to get ralph to do anything is hit him in the pocketbook.

That's where I agree with Kiper's Hair above...we want to support the players and we also have to consider the financial stake of season ticket holders (which means no one will "boycott" an entire game)....but if an average ticket is $100 ($25 per quarter), the first two minutes after kickoff is a loss of a few bucks....