I was really impressed with Ryan Fitzpatrick

He may be the leader that you want, but he isn't the talented, NFL-caliber quarterback that I want.

I don't think anyone is claiming that he's going to be in the Hall of Fame but he was trying to win the game out there yesterday and, in light of how poorly most of his supporting cast acquitted themselves, that was commendable.

Unfortunately, his attitude didn't appear to have worn off on any of his teammates.

He may be the leader that you want, but he isn't the talented, NFL-caliber quarterback that I want.

Exactly but I will take him over Trent and over Brohm the guy has a lot of tools you look for in a QB. He isn't our franchise guy but I can live with him for the rest of this throw away season.

I think we would be crazy to not retain Fitz after this season. I would follow that guy into a fire and be sure that he would lead me out alive. Maybe not scot-free, but alive. I also think that Brohm must play this season. Nothing against Fitz, but Chan wouldn't be doing his job if Brohm doesn't start a game or two this year. Personally, I think Brohm is a waste, but you have to see so you have to play him. I really like Fitz though. The guys plays so hard and wants it so badly. He fights and fights and its really respectable. The guys will follow. How could you not? He reminds me of Jeter. He doesnt have the talent Jeter has, but the way he plays the game hard every snap and never for one second thinks about giving up. There is a play to be made and Fitz will try and find a way to make. I like him. Go Bills Go Fitz

He played better than Flacco (I am comparing him to Flacco because he is supposed to be the better QB but I think Fitz > Flacco, who BTW no one argues shouldn't be a number 1) in the win they had yesterday, the rest of the Baltimore's team carried him to a win. IMO Fitz although not Tom Brady is pretty damn good.

I'm speechless. You really think that Ryan Fitzpatrick is better than Joe Flacco?! Holy crap.

Did you see the part where Joe Flacco beat perhaps the best defense in the NFL on a last-minute must-score-touchdown drive to win on the road?

Are you just trolling or something? You really can't be serious...

*head explode*

this.

the guy has the right attitude and mental capacity to be a successful NFL QB, he just lacks the physical traits. which is sad.

if only there was some way to transplant fitz's brain into jp's body...

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fit.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I like Fitz's moxie, but he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Agreed. He has a big heart, just like many sub-par QBs have/had. But unfortunately he doesn't have a very big or very accurate arm. He is pretty accurate up to about 20 yards, but anything deeper than that and he has been way off target. But seeing how he has lost two straight his spot on the bench is probably being warmed up for him. If he loses against J-ville we might see Brohm soon after and by week 10, maybe Brown will be starting. My original prediction for this team was 4-12, now I'm thinking 2-14 and that's stretching it.

Edited by Rayzer32

Say what you want but.....

Who ran for extra yardage late in the game when Buffalo had no chance of winning?

Who was Buffalo leading rusher for the day?

Who was up off the bench talking with the offense squad when other QB's (No names mentioned)sat on the bench staring into space.

Who wacked Marshawn on the helmet and pointed out a blitzing Linebacker? 5 times???

Who threw the ball up twice with defensive players inches away and still got the ball near the open receiver? That was amazing.

Hate me if you want but Fitzpatrick is what a Quarterback should be, a leader!

I am not saying he is the final answer at Quarterback but he sure gave it his best shot on Sunday.

Fans need to recognize effort and back the players who give it all.

Nice Job Fitz :thumbsup:

Amen brother :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fitz might not be the long term solution at QB, but he certainly wasn't the problem yesterday.

I disagree. He was a big part of the problem. When you play against a blitzing team, you have to hit your open WRs when you do have time to get them down field. He missed 2 wide open guys in the 1st half that might have changed the game (assuming Lee Evans would have graced us with a catch). I like Fitz's running ability, but wonder whether he gives up the pass a little early to save his skin. I guess I can't blame him.

It's great to be a rah-rah guy, but Fitz doesn't make anybody around him better the way an NFL QB should.

I keep reading in several posts to cut or trade Lee Evans, dunno how it is entirely his fault for one bad game.

I believe Evans is capable of being a quality #1 receiver in the NFL. Clearly the bad game is not "entirely" Evans fault.

Also clearly, with TE at the helm, he never got a chance to show what he can do. So part of me says, "keep your talent"

On the other hand, what I see over more than one game in Evans is a receiver who really isn't bringing his motor to the game.

I don't see the diving and leaping, the afterburner spurt, to catch balls that are off a little bit - the sort of balls that top receivers somehow manage to haul in.

I do see too many balls that look eminently catchable, going right through his hands.

If Evans isn't going to bring his A effort to the Bills, every game, see if we can get a decent linebacker or OT for him.

The Bills desperately need a RT - LT - TE - WR- C and they didn't really address any of those positions early in the draft.

Can't argue that. Also can't argue...teams like NE somehow managed to bring in quality on draft, but somehow we couldn't?

I respect the fact that he tries hard.

However, that DOES NOT mean he is any good whatsoever as an NFL QB.

He is a decent backup in this league, and that's all he will ever amount to. If you think anything else for a second, you have literally no clue about evaluating talent, you are just sort of praying and hoping he magically gets good at this stage in his life.

The guy does have some heart at least, though.

Fitz is a border line starter in the NFL and we are lucky to have him. Brohm would be toast with this offensive line!

How pathetic is it that a QB that goes 12 for 27 for 128 yards is considered "impressive"?

Those numbers are horrific. On the other hand, I think I know what you mean because it looked like Fitzpantsdown was the only guy in a Bills uniform even trying at times.

He didn't get a lot of help from his wideouts and backs in that number - a number of catchable, dropped balls

I hear complaints about overthrowing open wideouts, newsflash: even great QB overthrow a couple times a game, esp. if the WR isn't opening the gap the QB expects and he has to put the ball to the outside away from the defender. Watch film of Kelly and Warner, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a game where they didn't overthrow a wideout at least once, usually 2-3 times.

What's the difference? It didn't matter so much - BECAUSE THEIR D GOT THEM THE BALL BACK TO TRY AGAIN

I disagree. He was a big part of the problem. When you play against a blitzing team, you have to hit your open WRs when you do have time to get them down field. He missed 2 wide open guys in the 1st half that might have changed the game (assuming Lee Evans would have graced us with a catch). I like Fitz's running ability, but wonder whether he gives up the pass a little early to save his skin. I guess I can't blame him.

It's great to be a rah-rah guy, but Fitz doesn't make anybody around him better the way an NFL QB should.

Wow, got to wonder if we're seeing the same game on that last.

What I saw is, after that scramble down the sideline where Fitz put his head down and laid on a hit - it seemed like the O was playing with a bit more hustle.

I think he led by example and made (some of them anyway) ashamed.

I like Fitz's moxie, but he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Wrong, he is inconsistant and that is correctable.

He didn't get a lot of help from his wideouts and backs in that number - a number of catchable, dropped balls

I hear complaints about overthrowing open wideouts, newsflash: even great QB overthrow a couple times a game, esp. if the WR isn't opening the gap the QB expects and he has to put the ball to the outside away from the defender. Watch film of Kelly and Warner, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a game where they didn't overthrow a wideout at least once, usually 2-3 times.

What's the difference? It didn't matter so much - BECAUSE THEIR D GOT THEM THE BALL BACK TO TRY AGAIN

Wow, got to wonder if we're seeing the same game on that last.

What I saw is, after that scramble down the sideline where Fitz put his head down and laid on a hit - it seemed like the O was playing with a bit more hustle.

I think he led by example and made (some of them anyway) ashamed.

You are right on the money :thumbsup:

Wrong, he is inconsistant and that is correctable.

Todd Collins, Rob Johnson, JP Losman and Trent Edwards tend to disagree with you. If inconsistency was correctable, dare I say it, but Rob Johnson might still be QB for the Bills, or at least Losman. Fitzpatrick is consistently mediocre, just like any of the past QBs have been with putrid O-lines in front of them. The only guy that has any chance of becoming a good NFL QB right now is Brown if the right person worked with him at his young age. Look at dirty Sanchez, they changed the way he holds the ball in the off-season and he has been playing pretty good so far. Teach them before they take too many shots to the coconut and can't be fixed.