I was really impressed with Ryan Fitzpatrick

Say what you want but.....

Who ran for extra yardage late in the game when Buffalo had no chance of winning?

Who was Buffalo leading rusher for the day?

Who was up off the bench talking with the offense squad when other QB's (No names mentioned)sat on the bench staring into space.

Who wacked Marshawn on the helmet and pointed out a blitzing Linebacker? 5 times???

Who threw the ball up twice with defensive players inches away and still got the ball near the open receiver? That was amazing.

Hate me if you want but Fitzpatrick is what a Quarterback should be, a leader!

I am not saying he is the final answer at Quarterback but he sure gave it his best shot on Sunday.

Fans need to recognize effort and back the players who give it all.

Nice Job Fitz :thumbsup:

Edited by Another Point of View

In that aspect sure...But in many others ways, including the size of his hands, Fitz comes up WAY short...He does the best he can with what he has...He's a good back-up which is better than I though he was going into this Season...But that's about it...

I see a few Folks getting a little carried away with what we have here now thinking this or that is OK...For the most part, it's not...It is what it is...Lets not get carried away...The Bills have maybe 10-15 Players that would be starting on other Teams...That's it, if that!!!...It's the cold hard truth...Fitz is a back-up...That's it...Lets be real... B-)

He certainly didn't get any help yesterday. How many dropped balls were there? Lee Evans sucked out there and didn't really put forth any type of effort.

One offensive captain down (Edwards), one offensive captain to go (Evans).

We will see, the guy only started about 14 games in his entire career. :flirt:

Everyone has seen enough of him to evaluate his potential as an NFL quarterback. He just isn't very good. Great guy, hard worker, fiery competitor, but just really sub-standard talent and ability for an NFL quarterback.

But he isn't even close to the worst player on the team. Which is scary.

Say what you want but.....

Who ran for extra yardage late in the game when Buffalo had no chance of winning?

Who was Buffalo leading rusher for the day?

Who was up off the bench talking with the offense squad when other QB's (No names mentioned)sat on the bench staring into space.

Who wacked Marshawn on the helmet and pointed out a blitzing Linebacker? 5 times???

Who threw the ball up twice with defensive players inches away and still got the ball near the open receiver? That was amazing.

I am not saying he is the final answer at Quarterback but he sure gave it his best shot on Sunday.

Fans need to recognize effort and back the players who give it all.

Nice Job Fitz :thumbsup:

I respect the fact that he tries hard.

However, that DOES NOT mean he is any good whatsoever as an NFL QB.

He is a decent backup in this league, and that's all he will ever amount to. If you think anything else for a second, you have literally no clue about evaluating talent, you are just sort of praying and hoping he magically gets good at this stage in his life.

The guy does have some heart at least, though.

I AGREE WITH WITH U 100%,FITZ PLAYED EXCELLENT,AND IF WE WOULD OF HAD ANY KIND OF LINE,HE WOULD HAVE GIVEN THE JETS FITS ALL DAY,BECAUSE HE MADE PLAYS WIT HIS FEET,THAT ALONE WAS THA JETS WORRIES,IT EVEN CAME FROM ONE OF THEIR DEFENSIVE PLAYERS MOUTH,AND IF IM NOT MISTAKEN IT WAS SAID THAT THEY CANT HAVE ANY FLYBYS,AND THEY HAD TONS OF THOSE.GIVE FITZ A LINE AND AND WE GIVE THA JETS A GAME,BECAUSE HE'S DEFITNATELLY NOT SCARED TO SLING THA ROCK.

How pathetic is it that a QB that goes 12 for 27 for 128 yards is considered "impressive"?

Those numbers are horrific. On the other hand, I think I know what you mean because it looked like Fitzpantsdown was the only guy in a Bills uniform even trying at times.

The Jets fans favorite play was when they de-pants-ed him :lol:

Fitz is a gamer for sure, but that offensive team performance showed that the Bills have more problems then just the QB position. The O line played just like they did against the Dolphins-Packers and perhaps a tad better because Fitz had around 3 seconds vs the 2 seconds Edwards had to get rid of the ball. It is clear that Edwards would have struggled badly against the Jets just like Fitz did, and probably worse.

The Bills need to build a running game that works, to take pressure off the QB, stop calling constant shotgun passing plays and get the QB behind center for play action, to at least make an attempt to keep the defense guessing. This passing offense looks almost exactly the same offense that Turk Schonert used to call, that offense only worked on bad defensive teams.

I keep reading in several posts to cut or trade Lee Evans, dunno how it is entirely his fault for one bad game.

The Bills desperately need a RT - LT - TE - WR- C and they didn't really address any of those positions early in the draft.

Not for nothing but the Bills hired Chan Gailey to "fix' the offense, he is supposed to be an offensive "guru"... where is the innovation? where is the better protection schemes? where are the plays that put Parrish- Evans- Spiller in position to make plays

Can we get Brett Favre to come to Buffalo to sing..."pants on the ground- pants on the ground-looking like a fool with pants on the ground", OH WAIT, week 13

Napolian you have no talent for evaluating anything, you think Kelsey is good because he got a decent score on your fantasy team LOL!!!

Fitz played his heart out yesterday and made few mistakes; how many of those 12 for 27 were dropped I counted 3 on Evans, 1 on SJ, 1 on Roscoe (and my stream was very choppy the first half so I might have missed some), 2 throw aways maybe 3 on almost sacks plus 10+ average yards per carry.(BTW if his receivers catch those he is 17 of 27 and if he get protection maybe 20 of 27) I thought he did well, he did get sacked 3 times as well but for the most part that was not on him. He also had 2 TDs and no ints. This loss is not in anyway Fitz's fault. His Defense let the Jets have the ball over 40 minutes!

He played better than Flacco (I am comparing him to Flacco because he is supposed to be the better QB but I think Fitz > Flacco, who BTW no one argues shouldn't be a number 1) in the win they had yesterday, the rest of the Baltimore's team carried him to a win. IMO Fitz although not Tom Brady is pretty damn good.

If Fitz was on a good team he would be very good, I don't doubt it at all. I'm pretty pissed that Chan told him he was thinking to replace him yesterday, he was one of the few players who kicked butt (although maybe it motivated him some too). I wonder about Chan now, honestly. Fitz is young and has real potential, which is more than I can say about many of the players on this team.

Fitz is completely underrated because of his draft position and the team around him.

This offense needs to hold the ball and kill clock to even have a chance in games. Unfortunately, the D gives up points at such an alarming rate, the O has to go into pass happy mode way too early.

In any event, i thought Fitz played well. 128 yards passing but don't forget the 77 rushing as well. Also, he had 4 passes dropped that would have resulted in at least 50 yards more passing, imo.

Interesting on the very first Bills series, Fitz got 7 yards on two plays to make it a 3rd and 3. those same two plays would have resulted in Trent Edwards getting sacked since Fitz had to run for his life and ducked a couple times to get away. That's the difference between the two players. I like Fitz's game. Just wish they weren't playing from behind so much and maybe they could get a turnover in our favor once in a while to give him a short field.

Fitz might not be the long term solution at QB, but he certainly wasn't the problem yesterday.

this.

the guy has the right attitude and mental capacity to be a successful NFL QB, he just lacks the physical traits. which is sad.

if only there was some way to transplant fitz's brain into jp's body...