Its Going to take time

Amstel

This is the one thing the optimists have been right about in the past 10 years, "It's going to take time."

When people complained during the Donahoe/Williams era we got, "give them a chance, it takes time with a new GM and coach."

When fans wanted a better product during the Donahoe/Mularky era we got, "new schemes to learn, it takes time."

When we wanted more wins during the Levy/Jauron era we got, "it's going to take a few years for a new GM/Coach to turn things around."

And now, with Nix/Gaily they say, "it's going to take time" once again.

Well, you guy are right, it is going to take time. So far it's taken 10 years to get us - perhaps - the first pick in the draft. Let's all be patient and just give them a little more time.

I wonder, will 10 more years be enough time or would fans still not be justified in expecting the Bills to field a winning team by then?

FTW

Those moves are significantly more then what Gailey and Nix did in their first year

i'm not sure how anyone can know how significant any of gailey/nix's moves are yet.

the polian/levy era began almost 25 years ago, so history allows us to judge the end result.

gailey/nix haven't even been in town for 10 months yet.

Comparing this era of the NFL to that of our Super Bowl Bills doesn't wash. Those were the latter days of drafted, cost-controlled giants with total control over rosters. Polian was and is awesome in that he has adapted from that mindset to today's game (that, and he lucked into having Manning and Kelly at the right times, though he did right to keep them both). But this is a different world.

I think it probably will take time just because this team did it with smoke and mirrors for years, and talent is not like that of those wayward Miami and St Louis teams. Maybe Jauron was better than we thought in that he got the most flavor from a sh-- sandwich; I still hated his demeanor and his gameday acumen, and steadfastly refuse to believe he'll ever be head coach for an NFL playoff team again.

It's stuff like the front office direction, like the Kelsay re-signing that just makes one wonder how long it's going to take. This team has paid top dollar for table scraps; what would it take to get prime rib?

didnt take the 1999 Rams much time, or the 1-15 Miami Dolphins time to make the playoffs the following year.

If they keep making bad decisons it is going to take time.

If they make a lot of good ones in the next year, it could turn around faster. There is no reason you can't fill holes on the fly like the Fish did. You just need good management leading the way.

The Lions are a good example of a gradual rebuild. They aren't making a lot of good decisions, but they've made a few and they are improving slowly but surely.

As Belichick said in an interview about a year ago, in order to be bad in the NFL you need to make A LOT of bad decisions. The Bills epitomize this, and it's really hard to identify any good moves that have been made after the firing of Jauron. Picking up David Nelson as a FA? I mean, that's how deep you gotta' dig.

11 years is not enough time...

Its gonna take time

A whole lot of precious time

Its gonna take patience and time, ummm

To do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it,

To do it right child

But it's gonna take money

A whole lotta spending money

Its gonna take plenty of money

To do it right child

Its gonna take time

To do it right child

I don't know that we'll ever have teams again like we had in the SB years but those teams took time to build

Kelly and Talley drafted in 1983 (Kelly didnt sign till 86)

Bruce and Andre drafted in 1985

Will Wolford drafted in 1986

Kent Hull was signed in 1986

Thurman was drafted in 1988

The Cornelius trade took place in 1987 and Shane Conlan was drafted in 1987

The 84 draft didnt yield anyone outside of Greg Bell who never did much and John Kidd the punter

we were 8-8 in 83, 2-14 in 84 and 85, 4-12 in 86, 7-8 in 87, 12-4 in 88, and 9-7 in 89 then things really took off

I know Nix is no Polian but assuming and this is a Big assumption, that Buddy is left alone to make his own moves, is given a few years, and chooses players well its still going to take some time....

That being said, I'm as frustrated at watching this team as everyone else on the board....

It's admirable, but your the kind of fan Russ Brandon loves to prey on.

I don't know that we'll ever have teams again like we had in the SB years but those teams took time to build

The 84 draft didnt yield anyone outside of Greg Bell who never did much and John Kidd the punter

we were 8-8 in 83, 2-14 in 84 and 85, 4-12 in 86, 7-8 in 87, 12-4 in 88, and 9-7 in 89 then things really took off

I know Nix is no Polian but assuming and this is a Big assumption, that Buddy is left alone to make his own moves, is given a few years, and chooses players well its still going to take some time....

That being said, I'm as frustrated at watching this team as everyone else on the board....

Couldn't agree more. Buddy and Chan are working with a roster with very little talent and that is ill-suited toward the schemes they want to run. My guess is that after this is done, many of the players currently on this roster will be gone and we will build through the draft. I hope we trade Lynch and whoever else has any value for draft pics and try to build for the future.

Our RB's are straight if we could get Lynch to sign on for an additional 3 years or so. He and Spiller are the perfect 1,2 punch IMO. Not really sure what I truly think of Bell yet, but I think we could have something in Levitre and Wood, granted Wood gets moved to his natural Center position. Troup has the makings of a solid NT. Puz needs to get moved to his natural LOLB position. We have a good secondary with Florence, McKelvin, McGee, and Byrd. Evans is a good #2 WR getting overpaid, but he needs to be here. I think I see more potential in Nelson than any of our other young receivers. We still don't know if Nelson will be the threat we've hoped for at TE yet either, but he does have potential. Aside from these players I don't see that much talent and there is no quality depth on this team except @ the S positions with Wilson and Scott. Yes it will take time if they're committed, but I'm not sure that the organization will take the steps needed to right the ship.

i'm not sure how anyone can know how significant any of gailey/nix's moves are yet.

the polian/levy era began almost 25 years ago, so history allows us to judge the end result.

gailey/nix haven't even been in town for 10 months yet.

Have you been hiding under a rock or just not watching the games?

These two are responsible for what transpires on the field, they had the draft, free agency and all off season to evaluate every player on the Buffalo Bills and trade or cut and make player changes.The two of them combined have somehow managed to field a team worse then a Dick Jauron team

Chan Gailey was hired because he is supposed to be an offensive guru, where is the offensive innovation, where is the running game, where is the RB that was supposed to make the O line block better

Bill Polian made huge upgrades to the Buffalo Bills in his first off season as GM, hired in 1986, brought in Jim Kelly in 86, brought in Kent Hull from the USFL in 86, drafted Will Wolford in 86

WTF has Buddy Nix done so far... brought in a fat overpaid RT FA that can't play and overpaid a OLB that can't play, I don't need 25 years to evaluate these two morons

11 years is not enough time...

Its gonna take time

To do it right child

But it's gonna take money

A whole lotta spending money

Its gonna take plenty of money

To do it right child

Its gonna take time

To do it right child

i love this video!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_niy2ZM5Jo

DINGDINGDING!! Big "IF" there, though. My money is on now way in Hell Ralph allows another man to come into his house and ignore him the way Polian did. Not a chance. Face it, the "time" this will take to right itself is the time it takes for Ralph to sell the team.