You really have to be kidding me...

yeah, so abortion would becone illegal, gays would be hung in the streets, the church would rule our every move, and the rich good old boys would just get richer.

sounds like a great place to me.

150369[/snapback]

JESUSLAND....what a wonderful place...damn, Jesus wouldn't want to go there...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/12/...s.ap/index.html

To avoid being "harrassed" when traveling, this company suggests dressing like a god-damn Canadian.

No offense to Canada, or any Canadians - I love your beer, strippers, beer, and strippers -  but seriously?

I have ALOT of issues with the politics of this country, but I would NEVER pretend to be from somewhere else.

I mean, i think people that go to the middle east for any reason are taking a huge risk, but we're talking about traveling to places like Spain, Germany, France (f-ck France), and just so you don't get harrassed, wearing the flag of a different country? F-ck that!.

150090[/snapback]

Maybe if you traveled out of the country every once in a while you would understand. Easy to talk big in the confines of your own country.

yeah, so abortion would becone illegal, gays would be hung in the streets, the church would rule our every move, and the rich good old boys would just get richer.

150369[/snapback]

Last I looked the Crusades ended hundreds of years ago????

I don't think the Ugly American stereotype will ever be dispelled as long as there are Americans.

150843[/snapback]

My favorite American sterotype story involves a friend of mine trying to convince a Brit acquaintance that the "ugly american" stereotype is just that, a stereotype. In the middle of the conversation a group of drunken Texans (complete with cowboy hats) rolls by on a double decker...wish I could have been there.

I travel quite a bit around the world for both work and leisure and have never been confronted for being American. I do find that many peope want to talk politics.

Most Europeans do not like our governmental policies, but realize that the American people don't always agree with policy.

Ah yes....the "Ugly American". The most loathesome creature on Earth.

Unlike the selfish, narcissitic and scared-silly French.

Or the Irish, whose idea of a good time MUST involve fifty quarts of alcohol and some sort of fisticuffs.

Or the Italians, who ridiculous frugality and penchant for screaming, yelling and carrying on just oooozes class.

Or the Chinese....the Communist, chain-smoking Chinese, where if your firstborn is a girl, you kill it.

Or maybe the Dutch, where Heroin possession ranks just about jaywalking on the list of violent crimes.

Lets talk about the Germans. Real good record for foreign relations and human rights the last 100 years, huh?

Same goes for the Russians. And the next time a Russian takes a shower, it will be the first time.

And the Canadians...those wonderful Canadians. Ever seen how a Canadian acts at a Bills game? Nuff said.

And even the Swiss....whose idea of dealing with world problems in their own backyard is to ignore them and whos main purpose on the globe is to be a clearing house for the ill-gotten gains of the World's most notorious people. And cheese.

Yeah...the Ugly American. Im one of them. And judging by how the rest of the world goes about its business, damn PROUD to be one.

And before any PC maroons call me out for stereotyping or bigotry, MY native nationality is listed somewhere above.

150369[/snapback]

Yep, just another day at the office here in Texas.

Next week is the big "hang the gays in the streets" festival!

:w00t:

(I like when liberals prove how smart they are by showing how they have no idea what the red states are like.)

Ah yes....the "Ugly American". The most loathesome creature on Earth.

Unlike the selfish, narcissitic and scared-silly French.

Or the Irish, whose idea of a good time MUST involve fifty quarts of alcohol and some sort of fisticuffs.

Or the Italians, who ridiculous frugality and penchant for screaming, yelling and carrying on just oooozes class.

Or the Chinese....the Communist, chain-smoking Chinese, where if your firstborn is a girl, you kill it.

Or maybe the Dutch, where Heroin possession ranks just about jaywalking on the list of violent crimes.

Lets talk about the Germans. Real good record for foreign relations and human rights the last 100 years, huh?

Same goes for the Russians. And the next time a Russian takes a shower, it will be the first time.

And the Canadians...those wonderful Canadians. Ever seen how a Canadian acts at a Bills game? Nuff said.

And even the Swiss....whose idea of dealing with world problems in their own backyard is to ignore them and whos main purpose on the globe is to be a clearing house for the ill-gotten gains of the World's most notorious people. And cheese.

Yeah...the Ugly American. Im one of them. And judging by how the rest of the world goes about its business, damn PROUD to be one.

And before any PC maroons call me out for stereotyping or bigotry, MY native nationality is listed somewhere above.

150934[/snapback]

Amen my man! I would NEVER be ashamed to say I'm an American or try to hide my nationality unless my life were actually at stake. Anyone who hides who they are or denies their heritage doesnt deserve to live in such a great place.

T-Bone.

I rooted for you as a person during the World Series.

But your comments above sicken me. If anyone decides to start a "send t-bone to Canada fund" let me know.....i have some cash i was saving for my mothers surgery....but it would be money better sent getting T-Bone north of the border.

T-Bone.

I rooted for you as a person during the World Series. 

But your comments above sicken me.  If anyone decides to start a "send t-bone to Canada fund"  let me know.....i have some cash i was saving for my mothers surgery....but it would be money better sent getting T-Bone north of the border.

151563[/snapback]

Well I can think of a lot of worst things that should sicken you...life is too short to get so bent out of shape by someone's comments on the internet....

From another angle, when I travel overseas, especially the middle east, I don't advertise the fact that I'm American. Holds true for much of Europe and Asia, as well. The bad guys consider anything or anyone American anywhere as a potential target. It is easier to kill Americans overseas than it is here.

I'm not advocating paranoia, but anyone travelling overseas shouldn't be wearing American flags on their ponchos either. It's just prudent in this day and age.

From another angle, when I travel overseas, especially the middle east, I don't advertise the fact that I'm American. Holds true for much of Europe and Asia, as well.

151583[/snapback]

Good advice. Stay away from wearing American sports t-shirts, anything with an American flag, etc.