You really have to be kidding me...

LOL  Feb will be cold but it worked out best for me with work.  I think it will be cool to see some of those places buried in snow.  I mean Praque must be gorgeous when its snow covered.  I will be able to make Carnival in Nice which is bonus for Feb travel.  Airline tickets and hostels will be cheaper since it off season.  I wont have to wait in huge lines for museums and sights.  It will be a purer experience because I will meet mostly locals.  Definately some advantages for Feb travel but I am an optimist.  If I were a pessismist I could list dozens of deterrents for Feb travel.....

152771[/snapback]

You'll have a good time. I just HATE Europe weather in February. But I had to camp in it too. I also remember having a German Gasthouse owner fixing me the best ham and eggs, with potato pancakes I ever had. With Kumbacher Beer at 6 in the morning.

Enjoy.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny story. I was in my local pub earlier this year. It was late night and very dead. This bar is a late night bar though- it gets very interesting most nights at last call. It was getting late and all of a sudden like 20 Germans came in. They were visiting for a wedding. Most were very friendly and a couple were awesome dancers. I talked to the one girl for awhile- she was cool. Anyways her friend came over and I could tell she wanted to pick an argument. She had this bitchy look on her face. I asked how whe was doing. I asked if she enjoyed her stay. She said "not really". I said "really? Thats funny. Most everyone I have ever talked to that visits America has a great time. In fact I think you are the only person I have ever met that had a bad time while here. What was wrong with your visit?" She says "Americans are dumb and very ethnocentric. She could not find a German paper and was subjected to American news". I said "Its America. You can go down to a newstand and get a paper from anywhere in the world. Then you can get on the internet and read any paper. She can turn on PBS and watch the BBC" She says"let me ask you something. Whos the most powerful man in Germany?" I said "Chancellor Schroeder" She said I was wrong-there was a man more powerful then him. How typical of an American that I did not know this. I still have no idea who she is talking about. Anyways I said let me ask you a question. "Whos the leader of Japan" she didnt know. I said Prime Minister Koizumi. "Who is the leader of Australia?" She didnt know. I said John Howard. I said"You are a hypocrite. yada, yada" She had nothing to say and walked away with her tail between her legs. Anyways I resumed talking to the other girl and had fun conversing with her. It was closing time and I knew they needed a cab since there were so many of them. I offered to call a cab for them on my cell. The one German walks up to me and says "you are a knucklehead" LMAO He didnt speak much English but knew that term. Funny stuff. Anyways I talked almost everyone in that group and they were all very cool except the two idiots I mentioned. Life in little Essex CT is interesting!

You'll have a good time. I just HATE Europe weather in February. But I had to camp in it too. I also remember having a German Gasthouse owner fixing me the best ham and eggs, with potato pancakes I ever had. With Kumbacher Beer at 6 in the morning.

Enjoy.

152782[/snapback]

Beer-its not just for breakfast anymore

I've been up to the Kreuzberg Monastary, near Gersfeld and Fulda, where they make world renowned monks beer, playing my guitar, singing old Beatles tunes, with a young Christy Brinkley looking German Gal sitting on my lap in her biker red leather skin tight suit, and the guy she came with prodding me for another song.

You'll have a good time. Times couldn't have changed that much.

I will be able to make Carnival in Nice which is bonus for Feb travel

I went to Carnival in Nice about 10 years ago, great time. we were sort of expecting something along the lines of Mardi Gras which it definitely wasn't...enjoy. I'm a big fan of Nice / The Riviera.