Ralph IS preparing for the post-rw future of the team

So let's say it's 2015 and Ralph peacefully passes.

He gets his deserved respect and remembrances and we all focus on the good times with him as owner.

But immediately every Bills fan has a lump in their throat the size of Fitz's frankenstein-head.

We know that our football future is about to be bid on.

So, many of you are telling me that if it came down to LA and Toronto...and if Toronto won...you wouldn't grudgingly-at-first, but after-a-while, thank the lord above that there is still a team that you can NATURALLY root for, and not a team to have to force yourself to root for like the Browns or some other rust belt team.

This policy of playing a pre-season and regular season game in Toronto hurts for sure, but it's SO worth it if it gives us a chance to still have a team that at least is still reasonable to drive to their home games. And the Toronto Bills would always have a part of Buffalo in them. No other team or city could say that in this situation.

So, yes it sucks so friggin', horribly, death-to-the-fu**in-world bad that we can't stay in Buffalo forever, but at least maybe we could still have a team that actually has shades of Buffalo.

No way the Bills move to Toronto. It would end up being like the situation in San Diego right now. Hopefully a good team that gets black outs because no one cares about the team. Same situation in LA. The bills are going to stay in Buffalo because as of right now the Buffalo bills football market is probably a lot better then anywhere else they could move. Also they would not have to deal with new stadium costs and more taxes. They could aslso sell the naming rights to the Ralph which is a plus. The new owners would make the most money in Buffalo so they bills are here to stay.

Edited by b stein 22

He gets his deserved respect and remembrances and we all focus on the good times with him as owner.

But immediately every Bills fan has a lump in their throat the size of Fitz's frankenstein-head.

So, many of you are telling me that if it came down to LA and Toronto...and if Toronto won...you wouldn't grudgingly-at-first, but after-a-while, thank the lord above that there is still a team that you can NATURALLY root for, and not a team to have to force yourself to root for like the Browns or some other rust belt team.

This policy of playing a pre-season and regular season game in Toronto hurts for sure, but it's SO worth it if it gives us a chance to still have a team that at least is still reasonable to drive to their home games. And the Toronto Bills would always have a part of Buffalo in them. No other team or city could say that in this situation.

So, yes it sucks so friggin', horribly, death-to-the-fu**in-world bad that we can't stay in Buffalo forever, but at least maybe we could still have a team that actually has shades of Buffalo.

No. Toronto isn't Buffalo. I root for the Bills because they're my home team. The Bills are integral to this city's identity. It just wouldn't be the same.

I would watch the NFL for the exciting players, but forget about any incarnation of the Toronto Bills (it makes me sick just typing those two words together).

No. Toronto isn't Buffalo. I root for the Bills because they're my home team. The Bills are integral to this city's identity. It just wouldn't be the same.

I would watch the NFL for the exciting players, but forget about any incarnation of the Toronto Bills (it makes me sick just typing those two words together).

But...Moorman might be their punter! and god knows that Overdorf and Brandon would be involved in some capacity.

wow. really? :unsure:

F' that. The NFL would become irrelevent to me. There's plenty of HS and D III teams that can provide a great deal of excitement. i'd much rather have then get my entainment dollar then see "Rogers Entertainment Group" or someother BS consortium.

no offense, but that was a horrible post. even your rationale for him "preparing" is bad. to quote a great movie:

we are all now dumber for having read that. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul...

So basically, we're supposed to THANK Ralph for the team moving to Toronto?! Is this some sort of ieatcrayonz type of thread? I'll go ahead and take the bait...I cheer for the Bills because they represent the city of Buffalo. When they no longer represent my city, I no longer support the franchise. Buffalo and Toronto may be geographically close, but the people and the culture and the values couldn't be any more different. The day that I cheer for the Toronto Bills is the same day that I cheer for the Toronto Maple Leafs. And the day that I cheer for the LA Bills is the same day that I cheer for the LA Clippers/old Buffalo Braves. Most Bills fans feel the same way as I do.

Edited by Internet Tough Guy

For me, that statement can't be more wrong.

Toronto would be better than LA but wouldn't I root for them either way. LA won't get the Bills those losers don't want a team which is why they lost out to Houston. I have thought about who I would root for if they Left and honestly I would say no one. After the Bills I root for teams that are smash mouth so it would change over time. I rooted for Tampa because of Alstott but know could care less. I love what the ravens and jets have done and cheer them on in the playoffs. I should like the Steelers but for some reason just can never get on board with them even they do what I like, probably because this kid I new growing up always shoved it in my face when the Bills lost and Steelers won, which was a lot in the early 80's. Maybe it is not so much the teams but the players and and right right now I am big fan of Peyton Hillis and will be of Tebow and Gerhart when they start. I will never be a Miami or Dallas Fan no matter what.

You are missing the point. This is all about being a Buffalo fan. I can't speak for Boston fans whose Pats are called "New England", or Oakland fans whose Warriors are called "Golden State", but I would have a hard time accepting that compromise brought up a few months ago, where the Bills would move to Niagara Falls and be re-named the Niagara Bills. Maybe the Nets and Devils fans don't need thier city recognized, but for me, the Bills and Sabres will always represent Buffalo. So if they moved all the way to Toronto, I would never root for them again.

ok ok ok....I didnt want to do this because I'll get killed on the reply's. I have a family member that is an extremely successful business man in Los Angeles. He was involved in the sale of the Angels to Disney (whom he refers to as fa king animals). This sale was very close to the upcoming sale of the Buffalo Bills in the respect that the owner Gene Autry was dying had owned the team since inception. Gene did not want to sell the team and his wife didnt want to keep the team. The problem was that since Gene owned the team from day one the value of the team he increased substantially and had no intention of paying the income tax on the increased value and if he left it to his wife who was intent on selling the team she would end up fitting the bill. My family members firm was brought in to finalize the sale from Gene Autry to Disney. There were many clauses and stipulations that dont really need to be explained, but this situation is very similar to the Buffalo Bills situation. So similar that when Jim Kelly was in LA my retired family member was asked to consult on the possible sale of the Buffalo Bills. Needles to say I now know that the Bills wont leave Buffalo no Toronto no Los Angeles. I know that this is information that has been speculated over and over again but I can say beyond the shadow of a doubt my family member has no reason to lie.