Sound of Crickets

JinWPB

So where is the punnishmen, the outrage. One would think after the DUI manslaughter in Miami last year the NFL would be taking a much harder stand on players drunk driving.

Oh, I forgot, it is the media darling J-E-R-K-S.

The reason there is no league suspension is that it falls under the substance abuse policy until he is convicted.

"If Edwards is convicted on his DUI charge, or pleads no contest, he likely will be subject to the league's personal conduct policy and face a possible suspension, a league source clarified late Monday.

Edwards currently can only be disciplined under the league's substance abuse policy, in which he faces a maximum fine of $50,000 under terms of the collective bargaining agreement."

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5598872

I believe the fine etc. under the substance policy is due to it being his first offense under that policy.

Also, your subject line sucks.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

Innocent til proven guilt IMO

That's not how it has been recently under the reign of King Roger.

I think this is how it should be handled. If a player is found guilty then punish him. Seems simple and logical enough. The BS with Pig Ben for example is ridiculous.

So where is the punnishmen, the outrage. One would think after the DUI manslaughter in Miami last year the NFL would be taking a much harder stand on players drunk driving.

But Steve Johnson gets fined 10,000 for celebrating??????? NFL= NO FUN LEAGUE!!!

There are lots of DUIs in the NFL every single season. No one gets suspended for them ever. Get a clue.

22 players have gotten DUIs since 2009 when Rex took over. Not one of them got suspended.

Here is the number of arrests, per team, in the AFC East since January 2009, when Rex Ryan was named coach of the Jets:

Miami: 6

Buffalo: 5

New England: 1

New York: 1

Goodell and his PCP are a joke. After the Stallworth incident, first-time DUI's should be dealt with more harshly, just like how he gave Lynch a harsher punishment for his gun incident after the Burress incident (although interestingly enough, and this goes back to Goddell being a joke, Shaun Rogers took a gun to an airport and didn't get punished).

Braylon didn't hurt any dogs, so he's not a bad person. :)