Just when I slam Dierdorf...

judman

I happen to think Dierdorf is really good, doing the Sunday afternoon games. He is certainly a notch above the nednicks who do a lot of the Bills games...I didn't like him so much, during the 90's, when the Bills were more relevant nationally, and were on MNF a couple of times a year. He was "over the top", and had a tendency to harp on a point for too long, but he guy knows the game. Now that he is off the "big stage" of MNF, he has toned it down some, and, I think, calls a good game. When you think about it, I would bet there are far more color guys/play by play guys that "we" hate, than that we like. Tough crowd....just enjoy the game, if the Bills will let you! :rolleyes:

Wait, I thought we hated him too? :devil:

IIRC, much of the hatred stemmed from him making a poorly timed off-handed comment about the snow... go figure. I've always viewed the color man as either noticeable, which is generally a bad thing, or part of the background, which is how it should be since the game should be center stage (play-by-play is a different story). I've really never noticed Dierdorf.