Upset special

This is going to be Buffalo's first win.I hate the Jets and can't wait to see what they say when they get beat.

Rex Ryan is a big fat big mouth ass hole.

The general impression I have over the life of the Bills, is that often when the Jets or the Bills play each other, and one of the teams is doing well, the team doing well pulls a choker. I said impression because I didn't search out the exact frequency, but I remember several times, the stronger team choked when the two teams meet. It may not be this week though because I seem to recall it happens more often when the stronger team is at home. Not surprisingly, this usually happens when the stronger team is way over confident and they manage a lot of turnovers.

Well - my buddies who bet alot would agree - this game for the Jets falls under the "Win big against a big rival on Monday Night at home, then go on the road the following week against a lesser rival = unexpected loss"

See Ravens week 1 then 2

It would not surprise me at all if the Bills won.

If I remember the season where we won only two games (1970, I think) both of them were against the Jets. Not that that should be an omen for this team.

I think we have to concentrate on time of possession with a heavy duty running game, perhaps even going with two running backs most of the game.

Sanchez can get rattled with a heavy pass rush (note to Chan...get a heavy pass rush in the near future.) but I don't think we have that right now from what I've seen in recent weeks. Maybe with Poz back that might improve.

I do not see this as an impossible game to win. Just put it all together and fight like hell. We beat these guys and Jacksonville and we can go into the bye 2-3 which would not be bad at all.

just make one of these threads every week then when they finally win one you can come back and say you knew it all along

:lol:

We haven't heard much from the folks that were predicting an upset of the Pats* last week, have we?

The general impression I have over the life of the Bills, is that often when the Jets or the Bills play each other, and one of the teams is doing well, the team doing well pulls a choker. I said impression because I didn't search out the exact frequency, but I remember several times, the stronger team choked when the two teams meet. It may not be this week though because I seem to recall it happens more often when the stronger team is at home. Not surprisingly, this usually happens when the stronger team is way over confident and they manage a lot of turnovers.

Same impression here. I remember back during the 3-13 season in 2001, I went to the Jets (they finished 10-6) game at the Meadowlands with my buddy and his brothers (buddy is an iggles fan, brothers are Jets fans) expecting to watch a total disaster. Bills won 14-9, it was a glorious day.

This is going to be Buffalo's first win.I hate the Jets and can't wait to see what they say when they get beat.

Rex Ryan is a big fat big mouth ass hole.

Unfortunately, even though I agree with your assessment of Rex Ryan, I just don't see the Bills beating the Jets this week. NY is a much better team defensively than New England and our defense is suspect at best. I don't see us putting up 30 again and until we can stop someone on defense, the only way to win is to outscore them. Don't see it happening against this D.

If I remember the season where we won only two games (1970, I think) both of them were against the Jets. Not that that should be an omen for this team.

I think we have to concentrate on time of possession with a heavy duty running game, perhaps even going with two running backs most of the game.

Sanchez can get rattled with a heavy pass rush (note to Chan...get a heavy pass rush in the near future.) but I don't think we have that right now from what I've seen in recent weeks. Maybe with Poz back that might improve.

I do not see this as an impossible game to win. Just put it all together and fight like hell. We beat these guys and Jacksonville and we can go into the bye 2-3 which would not be bad at all.

Stop off at the Heavy Pass Rush store. :)

(Not trying to bust you--I hope they can put it together for this game.)

:lol:

We haven't heard much from the folks that were predicting an upset of the Pats* last week, have we?

hey, we came fairly close to upsetting the Pats last week. Not to say a close loss is anything to brag about, but with a break here or there the result could have been different.

hey, we came fairly close to upsetting the Pats last week.

Well, it was close at halftime anyway.

but with a break here or there the result could have been different.

Ahhhhh the battlecry of the Billiever. You forgot "if the refs hadn't screwed us" though ;)

hey, we came fairly close to upsetting the Pats last week. Not to say a close loss is anything to brag about, but with a break here or there the result could have been different.

Only if the 'break' was exchanging the parade of first round busts for some guys who can actually play defense.