lmao did anyone listen to jim mora on gottlieb/cowherd

Drew026

At least Coward admits he caters to the bigger markets because they are the ones who bring in the cash. They are all tools.

Yep, he's always talking about the big markets, saying how when they're good that the sport is better...and how certain smaller market teams should just be expunged. My problem with the guy is when he takes it a step further and talks about how it's bad when a small market team makes the playoffs/championship game. I couldn't disagree with the guy more. People tend to love an underdog, and championships with underdogs/small market clubs have been some of the best matches/series ever. The guy has clearly never known what it's like to truly be a fan of a team...it's like he's a homer, but for all the larger market teams instead of just focusing on one....he's a slut homer.

He makes some interesting points, which is why I tend to listen from time to time, but this guy is clearly not a "fan" of sports.

I do believe that I will side with Mora on this, the questions were stupid. If Vick wasn't so lazy in Atlanta, Mora might still be the coach there? How do you answer a question like that except to get mad. I do not blame Mora at all.

What? That's not how it was worded. He basically asked him if he was disappointed that Vick has admitted that he wasn't dedicated and did that bother Mora. A very good question, and one that Mora doesn't have to blast Vick to answer either.

What? That's not how it was worded. He basically asked him if he was disappointed that Vick has admitted that he wasn't dedicated and did that bother Mora. A very good question, and one that Mora doesn't have to blast Vick to answer either.

I heard what you heard. I guess we need to get our hearing checked, as 29 others heard it differently. I don't like Gotleib either (though anyone is better than Cowherd), but I don't think his question was that out of line. Michael Vick is the hottest topic in the NFL this week...surely Jim Mora Jr knew he was being asked on, at least in part, to talk about Vick. Mora Jr has been doing the media thing for the last year, I don't think he could have been too upset, or surprised, by the questions. Vick admitted he didn't prepare the way he should have during his days with the Falcons. Why, in context of sports talk radio, is it unreasonable to ask the guy who coached him during those years, for his reaction to Vicks comments? I thought the McNab question was really stupid, particularly the way it was phrased. But, it was phrased that way, because Mora misconstrued it, as he was being a surly douche.

wow :lol:

Gottlieb was pathetic. How could Mora Jr. have possibly gotten anything "more" out of Vick, then Vick gave him? Mora Jr. should have said something like; "Yeah, man your're right Doug. If only Michael would have been reading his freakin' playbook and "buying into my system" instead of instructing his employees to torture and kill those dogs down in Virginia, we could have won 5 straight SB's!"

The NFL Network is promoting an interview with Vick and Mora, where Vick tells Mora he wasn't dedicated, etc. So maybe Mora was pissed that he was trying to preempt his big interview?

Nah...just a surly douche.